Weber Shandwick

Getting the Interview

41 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in January 2013.

Interview Details – The process was very quick--a little less than 2 weeks. I sent my resume + cover letter to the designated email on the WS career site and heard back literally the next day to schedule an on-site interview (no phone screen). I was asked the standard behavioral interview questions by the program coordinator, two team members and a recruiter. They were all really great, friendly and enthusiastic about their jobs. In fact, I felt such a connection that I really didn't want to say know to the position, but I was afraid that if I would find myself in a downhill spiral if I accepted low pay (about half the hourly of a previous internship I had in corporate!).

Anywho, after the interview, I took a position-specific test (not the conventional writing test of a typical PR position).

Interview Question – If you could have dinner with three people, living or dead, who would they be?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The interviewer was upfront about pay. My baseline is generally not to accept a position that pays less than the equivalent of $30K/year. Nevertheless, I really didn't want to say no!

Very Easy Interview

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview Details – I was contacted through LinkedIn by a recruiter from Chicago about a position in Seattle. The recruiter did an initial interview about my experience as it related to the new clients Weber Shandwick had won. It was a straight forward interview and the recruiter asked for my availability to interview in person.

I was scheduled to meet with three staff members in separate meetings during the in-person interview process. One didn't show up and one had only been with the firm for a few weeks. It was very quiet while doing laps around the office and most staff had headphones on.

The team member who had only been there for a few weeks told me the thing that was most surprising about the office was how many internal meetings there were.

I did not follow up about the position.

Interview Question – How will I know when you're stressed?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in May 2012.

Interview Details – Employee Referral- Began with emails for a few weeks then received a call for a phone interview. Very basic questions, such as why I was interested in PR, why would I want to work for this company, what did I know about the company and their clients, etc. Scheduled an interview at the office in NYC where I met with a HR rep, then the department head (my future boss).

Interview Question – Explain in detail a situation where you felt you were unprepared or unskilled to handle the task at hand and how you eventually dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward, all interns are paid the same and basically have the same work schedule. Intern program is well-developed and keeps interns very involved with the rest of the company

Internship Interview

Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview Details – Was asked to come in for an initial interview with the VP of HR. If things went well at this first meeting I was told I would be asked to take a writing test and then come in for a second interview. She asked me general interview questions about my previous internships and asked me to take the writing test. She asked me what I know about Weber Shandwick and why Weber Shandwick.

Interview Question – She asked me to walk her through my biggest project I did at my last internship.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Public Relations Interview

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with two HR people, they seemed OK and no red flags at that time.

I went into the office for an interview and got stood up, so I went home expecting no call or email.

I went in for the second time for an interview, it lasted 15 minutes and the hiring manager didn't ask me any questions but rather rushed me out. I called and emailed the HR person (she requested that I follow up with her) and she, at first, said she'd call me but never did. Then she started to ignore my emails.

Overall, it was an unprofessional experience and a waste of time. I was a bit shocked.

Interview Question – Why Weber?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in May 2011.

Interview Details – I spoke to four different people, two people at a time. I was asked standard interview questions, strengths and weaknesses etc.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was fine, but they never called/emailed to tell me if I got the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in April 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for and Account Coordinator position. I interviewed with a hiring manager and it seemed as though they had already filled the position when they were talking to me. I flew in for the interview and after no one followed up with me after I followed up with them. The interview was only about a half an hour long.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for an internship position at Weber Shandwick. Had a phone interview which went all right. Was called in for an in-person interview about a week later. The in-person interview consisted of three rounds, each with a few different people. Thought it went well enough, however, did not receive any communications afterward.

Interview Questions

Intern
Birmingham, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked to come in for an "informational interview." I met with approximately 5 different Weber employees. Each person discussed their role within the company. At the end of each meeting, I was given time to ask questions. I felt as though I was a burden to some, but overall I had a positive experience.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weber Shandwick