Weber Shandwick

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Weber Shandwick in March 2014.

I applied for a summer internship by getting in contact with human resources. From there I was given a phone interview by an HR person which was very informal and was more like a conversation, but obviously still evaluative. A few weeks later I received an email saying I had gotten the internship. The next part in the process was going into the actual office and having in-person interviews with several different teams that I had expressed interest in so they could see where to put me within the agency. A week later I was placed in my sector of the agency.

Interview Questions
    • Two examples of situations where I overcame one of my flaws.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Weber Shandwick.

I sent in my resume and cover letter and within three weeks, I received an email asking if I wanted to have a phone interview. One month later, I went in for an in-person interview and was notified that I got the job within three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what are three things my former employers would say about me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Weber Shandwick in February 2014.

I know someone who works for Weber, so I was actually able to email my resume directly to an HR representative. I heard back about three weeks later saying that they wanted to schedule an interview. The very next day, I was there for my interview. They are quick and efficient and don't like to waste their time or yours. I met with five people during my interview, including one HR rep. The interview questions are pretty standard. However, you have to know your stuff. If you're not up to date on PR tactics, it will show. Be prepared to ask them a lot of questions and know who their clients are. I met with each person for about 15-20 minutes and then met with someone from HR. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. They all love their jobs and working with each other. You really have to be passionate to fit in here. A week later, they emailed me to let me know I made it onto the next round and sent me their writing test. I had 5 days to complete it. If you make it onto this round, be prepared to block out a decent amount of time for the test. It's very extensive. I submitted my test and two days later they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite brand that you follow on social media and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, interns have a set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Weber Shandwick in February 2014.

I applied online, and was then contacted via email to set up a phone interview. I was supposed to speak with two people but only one ended up being available. I was then contacted to do a writing test, and I received an email after that informing me I had not been selected. It was pretty standard and the people I was in contact with were friendly and understanding when I had to reschedule.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions, but nothing took me by surprise. The questions were about my experience and interests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weber Shandwick.

I applied online and got a phone call to come in for an interview early the next week. I came in for an initial interview with one person from HR, and then moved to another room the same day with 4 people for a group panel interview. I was then told they would be sending me a take-home writing via e-mail (test had a 2 hour limit), which I took the next day. I was asked back the day after that for a second interview with a senior VP, and was then hired a day or two after. The process was pretty smooth and everyone was very nice, but the writing test was a bit more difficult than other writing tests I had taken. The culture of the office is pretty standard, but made of mostly women (about 90%). Hours are long, as you are expected to stay past 5 most nights.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase for interns. Pay is not great, but interns are almost always hired on full-time after 6 mo - a year.

Consumer PR Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weber Shandwick in January 2014.

Applied online, and was contacted for an in-person interview shortly after. The interview was great, I met with three Digital Analytics team members one after another, and then one HR representative. Everyone was SO nice and friendly, it really made the process less stressful. About a week later, I was asked to take their Digital Analytics test. Fast-forward another week, I get an email from HR saying that the team had chosen another candidate for the digital analytics position, but thought I would be a better fit for the consumer PR internship.

I ended up going through the process all over again (interviewed with the consumer team then took their writing test). Since I had another offer on the table and let HR know, they sped up the process and I received an offer about a week after I interviewed with the consumer team!

Make sure you're knowledgable about the industry and the company. Knowing who their clients are and campaigns they've worked on will really impress them. Aside from that, the interview questions were pretty standard. There were a lot of behavioral questions, as expected.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your favorite PR campaigns?
      Which companies do you think are leveraging social media effectively?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, intern salaries are set at $12/hour

Consumer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Was contacted about coming in for an interview. The in person interview consisted of meeting with 5 people for 15 minutes each. All were general questions about the company and past experiences. If you get past the interview stage there is a very extensive writing test to follow.

Interview Questions
    • Name one thing thats not on your resume that you think could benefit you in this role.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weber Shandwick.

The interview process was pleasant. I met many different teams covering different accounts, and talked with people from all levels from the organization. Everyone was kind, engaged, and generous with their time. The tone of the agency was obvious from the beginning, which made the interview less stressful and felt more like an informal discussion.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions outside of the run-of-the-mill "tell me about your work experience" and "why do you want to work here". Overall, the interview was one of the easiest I've ever been to.   Answer Question
    I was very honest with my salary expectations, and because I was willing to work with the HR person, able to find a happy medium between what I wanted and what they were willing to offer.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Weber Shandwick in March 2013.

I had to have a connect in order to even get to this step--sad but true because I had submitted my resume many times before and didn't hear back at all. My interview was extremely long and had meetings with the entire team which was helpful.

Interview Questions
    It was pretty simply. I only negotiated my start time since the pay was slightly above the average for my level (especially considering I had very little experience in the field anyway)

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Weber Shandwick.

I was contacted through LinkedIn by a recruiter from Chicago about a position in Seattle. The recruiter did an initial interview about my experience as it related to the new clients Weber Shandwick had won. It was a straight forward interview and the recruiter asked for my availability to interview in person.

I was scheduled to meet with three staff members in separate meetings during the in-person interview process. One didn't show up and one had only been with the firm for a few weeks. It was very quiet while doing laps around the office and most staff had headphones on.

The team member who had only been there for a few weeks told me the thing that was most surprising about the office was how many internal meetings there were.

I did not follow up about the position.