Weber Shandwick

Average Difficulty
49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume and cover letter and within three weeks, I received an email asking if I wanted to have a phone interview. One month later, I went in for an in-person interview and was notified that I got the job within three weeks.

Interview Question – They asked what are three things my former employers would say about me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Consumer PR Intern Interview

Consumer PR Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was contacted for an in-person interview shortly after. The interview was great, I met with three Digital Analytics team members one after another, and then one HR representative. Everyone was SO nice and friendly, it really made the process less stressful. About a week later, I was asked to take their Digital Analytics test. Fast-forward another week, I get an email from HR saying that the team had chosen another candidate for the digital analytics position, but thought I would be a better fit for the consumer PR internship.

I ended up going through the process all over again (interviewed with the consumer team then took their writing test). Since I had another offer on the table and let HR know, they sped up the process and I received an offer about a week after I interviewed with the consumer team!

Make sure you're knowledgable about the industry and the company. Knowing who their clients are and campaigns they've worked on will really impress them. Aside from that, the interview questions were pretty standard. There were a lot of behavioral questions, as expected.

Interview Question – What are some of your favorite PR campaigns?
Which companies do you think are leveraging social media effectively?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, intern salaries are set at $12/hour

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone call to come in for an interview early the next week. I came in for an initial interview with one person from HR, and then moved to another room the same day with 4 people for a group panel interview. I was then told they would be sending me a take-home writing via e-mail (test had a 2 hour limit), which I took the next day. I was asked back the day after that for a second interview with a senior VP, and was then hired a day or two after. The process was pretty smooth and everyone was very nice, but the writing test was a bit more difficult than other writing tests I had taken. The culture of the office is pretty standard, but made of mostly women (about 90%). Hours are long, as you are expected to stay past 5 most nights.

Interview Question – None, standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase for interns. Pay is not great, but interns are almost always hired on full-time after 6 mo - a year.

Digital Associate Interview

Digital Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was brought in by their internal recruiter. I went through one day of interviews where I talked to 4 people. By the time I finished the interview, the recruiter asked me what my salary range was. I got an offer letter the next day.

Interview Question – What do you generally do when you're on the internet?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process for this position lasted longer than any other interview I have been a part of, about 4 months in total. There would be 2-3 week spans before I would hear about any next steps. When I would contact the Recruiter in NY, there would be no response. It took me three or four emails and phone calls after 4 weeks to finally hear that they were moving elsewhere on the role.

This company seemed to be extremely disengaged with candidates and therefore, disconnected as a unit.

The interviews themselves were also very poor, as most of the people I met were only concerned about talking about Weber. Only one person seemed to have interview questions prepared, out of 5 people I met. As an HR professional, I would walk away fully believing they had no idea who I was or what skills and experiences I had to bring to the table, and then I would get called back for the next interview.

Interview Question – Questions outside of the job description.   Answer Question

Consumer Intern Interview

Consumer Intern

Interviewed at Weber Shandwick

Interview Details – Was contacted about coming in for an interview. The in person interview consisted of meeting with 5 people for 15 minutes each. All were general questions about the company and past experiences. If you get past the interview stage there is a very extensive writing test to follow.

Interview Question – Name one thing thats not on your resume that you think could benefit you in this role.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview Details – The interview process was pleasant. I met many different teams covering different accounts, and talked with people from all levels from the organization. Everyone was kind, engaged, and generous with their time. The tone of the agency was obvious from the beginning, which made the interview less stressful and felt more like an informal discussion.

Interview Question – There were no questions outside of the run-of-the-mill "tell me about your work experience" and "why do you want to work here". Overall, the interview was one of the easiest I've ever been to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very honest with my salary expectations, and because I was willing to work with the HR person, able to find a happy medium between what I wanted and what they were willing to offer.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in January 2013.

Interview Details – The process was very quick--a little less than 2 weeks. I sent my resume + cover letter to the designated email on the WS career site and heard back literally the next day to schedule an on-site interview (no phone screen). I was asked the standard behavioral interview questions by the program coordinator, two team members and a recruiter. They were all really great, friendly and enthusiastic about their jobs. In fact, I felt such a connection that I really didn't want to say know to the position, but I was afraid that if I would find myself in a downhill spiral if I accepted low pay (about half the hourly of a previous internship I had in corporate!).

Anywho, after the interview, I took a position-specific test (not the conventional writing test of a typical PR position).

Interview Question – If you could have dinner with three people, living or dead, who would they be?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The interviewer was upfront about pay. My baseline is generally not to accept a position that pays less than the equivalent of $30K/year. Nevertheless, I really didn't want to say no!

Very Easy Interview

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview Details – I was contacted through LinkedIn by a recruiter from Chicago about a position in Seattle. The recruiter did an initial interview about my experience as it related to the new clients Weber Shandwick had won. It was a straight forward interview and the recruiter asked for my availability to interview in person.

I was scheduled to meet with three staff members in separate meetings during the in-person interview process. One didn't show up and one had only been with the firm for a few weeks. It was very quiet while doing laps around the office and most staff had headphones on.

The team member who had only been there for a few weeks told me the thing that was most surprising about the office was how many internal meetings there were.

I did not follow up about the position.

Interview Question – How will I know when you're stressed?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in May 2012.

Interview Details – Employee Referral- Began with emails for a few weeks then received a call for a phone interview. Very basic questions, such as why I was interested in PR, why would I want to work for this company, what did I know about the company and their clients, etc. Scheduled an interview at the office in NYC where I met with a HR rep, then the department head (my future boss).

Interview Question – Explain in detail a situation where you felt you were unprepared or unskilled to handle the task at hand and how you eventually dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward, all interns are paid the same and basically have the same work schedule. Intern program is well-developed and keeps interns very involved with the rest of the company

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weber Shandwick