Weber State University Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weber State University

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT).

Interview

I was asked to come in to an interview where I was asked the standard questions like- what do you do if you and a college have a disagreement. Then I was asked what I would do in a tutoring session under a variety of circumstances.

Efficiency Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

Nothing to at all. It was extremely easy. If you put the minimal amount of effort into the process then you should get hired. They hiring manager was very friendly and accommodating. They entire administratation staff was also very nice and easy to ask for assistance.

Interview Questions

• What my initial thoughts about what I was going to be doing were? What and when they could expect to see the final report. What did I need from them.   Answer Question

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview with three people, nothing out of the ordinary was asked. After that, there was a week or so before I was called back for the 2nd interview, and then you had to go through the hiring process, which in a university takes forever! So after the 2nd interview and the call with a job proposal there was a delay of 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your current boss to describe you, what would they tell me?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was clearly very well planned and managed. The application process was long and required a lot of work in document preparation but it made sense. For example, you are asked to provide a document which outlines your teaching philosophy, which made me think that the selection panel would use this to ensure a good match between the candidate's approach and the Business School's approach. The actual interview process was almost a whole day. It began with lunch with key faculty. I liked this because it felt less formal, less stressful. However, I did have lots of questions fired at me during the meal! What became clear to me during lunch was that my new colleagues had a very similar view of education to me and I was impressed by the Dept. Chair's sense of humor. I got the impression that I would be very happy working with these people. The lunch was followed with a number of short interviews with key faculty, including the Dean. I then had a short break before I had to teach a class. This was the most stressful part of the process. I had been given plenty of notice and support to be able to prepare effectively but it is still stressful to be observed in action. After my session I was thanked by the faculty and one member then explained what would happen next. Overall, I felt that the whole process was highly professional and that all the activities were appropriate for selecting a good candidate. At the end of the day I felt that I'd done a good job and was hopeful. It felt like a fair and well balanced process and I was confident that if I was not selected that there had genuinely been someone who was a better fit or performed better than me.

Interview Questions

• It was a technical question on my position on the use of personality inventories for leadership selection and development.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. I had stated my expected salary at interview at that is what they offered.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Weber State University (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2010.

Interview

I was called to come in and bring a portfolio and copy of my resume. I was then interviewed by three individuals in the Multimedia department, who were very friendly and asked basic interview questions. Since I had only some experience at the time, they enjoyed my portfolio and were happy to offer me an opportunity to develop my skills further by working with them.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience you have had in the work place that provided a challenge that you overcame.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in July 2010.

Interview

Apply online through the Weber job portal. Received an email reply promptly to request an interview. The interview consisted of questions concerning why I wanted to be a tutor, my history and experience in this field, an assessment of how I would approach a given situation, and an evaluation of my people skills.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role play a tutor session. The interviewer was pretending to be a student struggling with factoring.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were pleased with my knowledge and ability to work with people. I was offered the job on the spot and then told that if I were to accept that a one time session to get used to the set-up and rules would be needed as well as taking a training class once a week for the semester (CRLA).