Weber State University

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weber State University

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Weber State University.

I was asked to come in to an interview where I was asked the standard questions like- what do you do if you and a college have a disagreement. Then I was asked what I would do in a tutoring session under a variety of circumstances.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online – interviewed at Weber State University in July 2012.

The hiring and interview process was clearly very well planned and managed. The application process was long and required a lot of work in document preparation but it made sense. For example, you are asked to provide a document which outlines your teaching philosophy, which made me think that the selection panel would use this to ensure a good match between the candidate's approach and the Business School's approach. The actual interview process was almost a whole day. It began with lunch with key faculty. I liked this because it felt less formal, less stressful. However, I did have lots of questions fired at me during the meal! What became clear to me during lunch was that my new colleagues had a very similar view of education to me and I was impressed by the Dept. Chair's sense of humor. I got the impression that I would be very happy working with these people. The lunch was followed with a number of short interviews with key faculty, including the Dean. I then had a short break before I had to teach a class. This was the most stressful part of the process. I had been given plenty of notice and support to be able to prepare effectively but it is still stressful to be observed in action. After my session I was thanked by the faculty and one member then explained what would happen next. Overall, I felt that the whole process was highly professional and that all the activities were appropriate for selecting a good candidate. At the end of the day I felt that I'd done a good job and was hopeful. It felt like a fair and well balanced process and I was confident that if I was not selected that there had genuinely been someone who was a better fit or performed better than me.

Interview Questions
    • It was a technical question on my position on the use of personality inventories for leadership selection and development.   View Answer
    There wasn't much negotiation. I had stated my expected salary at interview at that is what they offered.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weber State University in July 2010.

Apply online through the Weber job portal. Received an email reply promptly to request an interview. The interview consisted of questions concerning why I wanted to be a tutor, my history and experience in this field, an assessment of how I would approach a given situation, and an evaluation of my people skills.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to role play a tutor session. The interviewer was pretending to be a student struggling with factoring.   View Answer
    They were pleased with my knowledge and ability to work with people. I was offered the job on the spot and then told that if I were to accept that a one time session to get used to the set-up and rules would be needed as well as taking a training class once a week for the semester (CRLA).