Webroot Software

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Webroot Software in June 2013.

Interview Details – I put in my resume for machine learning at a job fair, and got an e-mail after a couple of weeks, through which we scheduled a technical phone interview. Got interviewed by the guy who would later be my senior/boss/whatever (he was practically a one-person team), and though his accent was hard to understand at first, the interview was reasonable and basically just made sure I wasn't clueless.

When I went in for the in-person interview I was greeted quite nicely and made to feel very comfortable. I was interviewed by 3 different people. Roughly speaking, first guy asked algorithms, second guy (same one who did phone interview) gave me a chance to explain a previous project, and then asked what aspects of the work I was most interested in.

Interview Question – You have an array of numbers. Each number but one appears an even number of times. Identify the number that appears an odd number of times.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me an offer and I took it.

Social Media Interview

Social Media
San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Webroot Software in October 2010.

Interview Details – I worked closely with my manager at another company. She needed my Social Media engagement and technical experience as they launched a new product.

Negotiation Details – As a contractor I asked and I received.`

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Webroot Software.

Interview Details – Minimal given internal referral

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer

Interviewed at Webroot Software

Interview Details – Very usual interview - nothing specific or hard.

Interview Question – How to plan testing of an elevator   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Webroot Software in June 2008.

Interview Details – My manager didn't know much technically. He was more interested in how able and willing I was to work extended hours and weekends. Through the interview process it became very clear to me the manager relied heavily on people in need of work visas. He felt it made them more "responsible".

Interview Question – Will your wife mind if you work all weekend?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered an amount and I counter offered with an amount $20,000 more. I got it :)

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing
Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Webroot Software in August 2012.

Interview Details – The place is full of obvious senior executive cronies. Kenton somethingoranother (he is listed on the management team on the website) is first in line. He has followed the CEO around from place to place probably causing massive disruption wherever he has gone. There are a few others like him on the staff but none as arrogant and off-putting. The CEO is a has-been name-dropper in the technology world. The people who have worked for him like to talk about all of the businesses he "turned around" or "sold off" but they are all small potatoes. Most of those businesses delivered zero value to the acquiring company. I am glad that I did not get an offer from these guys...they did me a HUGE favor.

Interview Question – The most unexpected thing about the interview was that I didn't get any challenging questions. I judge a company by the quality of the interviewers and I would give these guys a 0.0.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Terrible leadership from the top on down. There are a few bright spots but even those people are gone or are on their way out the door.

QA Intern Interview

QA Intern
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Webroot Software in February 2010.

Interview Details – My Interview at Webroot was not a very tough one. It was for the QA and Testing Intern. So when I went for the interview the manager asked me how comfortable I was at coding and networking. So I said I was good at programming but not so good at networking. So he asked me some very simple algos like prime no and palindrome. Then he asked for some few very basic questions in programming, after that he proceeded to networking, the interviewer asked me about the difference between router and switch and the TCP layers and there functionality.

It was a pretty simple interview process. I guess because it was for a post of intern. Well they dont pay much infact very less. The next day i got an email that i have been selected and sent me the forms i need to fill.

Interview Questions

Manager, Network Engineering Interview

Manager, Network Engineering
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Webroot Software in April 2008.

Interview Details – First round with the internal recuriter
Then with the incumber who was leaving in good terms, phone interview, very technical
Then the group interview with the group including direct reports
Final round of interview with the senior manager

Interview Question – What is the length of the TCP header if no options were set   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negoitate and was successful in getting close to what I was expecting.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Fremont, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Webroot Software in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was recommended by an employee. The HR contacted me quickly and asked when is a suitable time for an on-site interview, and told me what the interview looks like. It's pretty a standard interview, a presentation plus 4 rounds of 1:1 interviews. The interviews are in average difficult level.

Interview Questions

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Product Marketing Manager
Mountain View, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Webroot Software in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very professional. I was contacted by the Worldwide Recruiter and she set up a phone interview with the Hiring Manager, after which I was invited for a 1:1 interview with the Hiring Manager within a week. After that, I was invited for a panel interview with 5 people (3 based in Colorado, the HQ of the company, and 2 in California), a mix of video conference and in-person interviews that lasted for a total of 4 hours with lunch included. The office in California is quite pleasant and in a convenient location, in a business park, accessible by car and also public transportation if desired. The personnel, including office staff, employees, and the Marketing and Product Management team, were friendly and warm. The interview process was pleasant and smooth. After the background check, I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – How would you describe your skills and ability to develop and execute a Marketing Plan for new products considering that the development process has already began? How would you evangelize the Marketing Plan to Product Management to drive product development efforts, considering that historically, we haven't been a Marketing Plan (MRD) driven company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, as the offer was market competitive and based on my skills and experience, overall it was a reasonable offer including benefits.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Webroot Software? Contribute to the Community!

Webroot Software Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Webroot Software interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Webroot Software employees and interview candidates.