Websense

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Senior Technical Support Engineer
Austin, RI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Websense.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward. As with all Vista-owned companies, the first thing I had to do was to take a 30 minute timed aptitude test, and a personality test. After that, I retook the aptitude portion of the test with a proctor. Next was a short phone interview with the recruiter, and finally an in-person interview at the office. None of the questions were very difficult, even though I am a career changer who doesn't have a lot of experience in the industry. The in-person interview consisted of 2 people who interviewed me for about 40 minutes. They asked a lot of behavioral type questions, and a few questions on whether I was able to navigate Linux, what I knew about networking, etc. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Question – There wasn't really anything difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't really negotiate on salary, but they did give me a couple of other things I asked for - a title change and the flexible work hours I needed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Websense in March 2014.

Interview Details – the recruiter was very hard to communicate with, the assessment was over the top for what the job actually entailed. overall, unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Question – They were all easy and was hardly given the chance to sell myself   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Websense in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Screen. Then a on-site interview with 4 different people. You are asked some technical questions and behavioral questions. You are asked about your accomplishments.

Interview Question – There was a question that tested you knowledge about stacks. Your job was to discover the bug in a segment of code. The bug was caused by a pointer pointing to variable in a stack frame that no longer exists.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – All interns are paid the same amount.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Websense.

Interview Details – I had an initial call with the very friendly recruiter that went well. The questions were typical and we discussed salary expectations. The salary range was low and I let the recruiter know this; he stated their was some wiggle room and that he wanted to schedule a f2f with the hiring Director. We scheduled an interview for the following week, but once the new week started, I was emailed that their was a conflict of schedules and all interviews were on hold. It has been exactly on week since that email conversation.

Interview Question – Nothing really; very typical interview questions from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at Websense.

Interview Details – Technical Phone interview followed by on-site interview that included an technical exam, technical interview with technical specialists, an interview with two managers and finally a meeting with the head of technical support department

Interview Question – What is WCCP
What are the proxy types
WHat are the ACL types
How to use Wireshark
Active Directory questions
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation only did 2K difference

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Associate Technical Support Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Websense in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and shortly after received an email from a recruiter from Vista Equity Partners about taking an IQ Assessment Test. Fairly easy assessment and had SAT type questions. Once I passed that, the same recruiter and I set up an initial phone screen about my experience and general support process.

I was contacted a week or two later for an in-person interview with a Director. The interview also composed of a short assessment test at the office. The interview itself was fairly simple, and I ended up asking more questions than I was asked.

Lastly, I had a final phone interview with a Support Manager in the San Diego office. He asked about my experience and my support process in a given situation.

I got a call the following morning from the recruiter at Vista with a verbal offer, and received written offer later that week.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Websense and its products?   Answer Question
  • If a client called in and tried to launch our software on their computer, and all they said was "There's just a blue screen on my monitor", what would be the first few steps you would take to solve the issue yourself?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Websense in February 2013.

Interview Details – Process took about 2 weeks. Met with two managers and one peer. Overall good experience.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Websense in October 2013.

Interview Details – A technical phone interview mostly related to network related topics

Interview Question – security specific network question   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Enterprise Account Executive
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Websense in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the Account Manager position and was contacted by a recruiter with the company who asked the typical questions. The Regional Manager regarding the Enterprise Account Executive position which was odd and created a little confusion when I asked him about farming accounts. I have to say we didn't connect during the phone interview, basically he was pitching me the position and I felt he was to willing to forward me to his boss. I was scheduled for a follow up person to person meeting with their National Account Manager who I met with and had a great discussion, again it was kind of an easy interview with little vetting on their part regarding my qualifications (mostly it was them selling me on the company). The NAM then scheduled me to speak with VP of Sales for the company. My call with the VP was really the first time that I was actually vetted, at the end of the call my answer regarding prior quotas was not satisfactory to him (this came up with the recruiter, not sure why I wasn't clipped then). I asked him about what characteristics he looked for in consideration of the ideal candidate, he basically stated a rep coming from one of their competitors (particularly his prior employer Blue Coat).

Interview Question – Actually one of the easiest interview processes I have had. Doesn't seem like the VP's vetting process is communicated down to the recruiter.   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

Interviewed at Websense

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview

Interview Question – just simple questions about algorithm.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Websense? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Websense interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Websense employees and interview candidates.