Webster Bank Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.4

Branch Customer Service Representative Interview

Phone interview, met the VP at career fair. Contact by recruiter directly and completed a personality test
    Why do you want to work at Webster bank?
    What are your Strength and weakness?
    Why do you want this job?

Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Webster Bank in January 2015.

Planning for the interview through Human Resources was extremely quick and easy. The interview itself was primarily behavioral so none of the questions were extraordinarily challenging. I was interviewed in two sessions, once with multiple people and the second with one individual. Everyone was very courteous and respectful. Overall, my experience was very positive.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Webster Bank.

I had 2 jnterviews whixh consisted of the telephone interview from the recruiter. She was very pleasant to talked to. She asked me a few questions and then set up a face to face interview in the next couple of days. I was interviewed by 3 managers at the same time. It was rather pleasant and such a wonderful vibe

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a new employee started working and didn't know what to do in a particular situation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Manager Benefits and Claims Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Webster Bank in July 2014.

I had 2 phone interviews, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. The hiring manager said i would hear one way or another from her or HR regarding next steps. When i followed up with her she didn't respond. I thought she was unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • How could I help with implementing new on boarding processes for claims?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at Webster Bank in February 2014.

interviewer was kind of harsh and basically seemed like she didnt want to do the interview in the first place. made me wonder he she want to fill the position

Business Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Webster Bank in December 2013.

Phone screening followed by a personal interview. Interviewer had a subordinate attend the interview also. Very enthusiastic about my experience, seemed to be selling the job to me. I was equally enthusiastic regarding the company. Interview lasted considerably longer than scheduled. The interviewer told me she was definitely scheduling a second interview through the recruiter and told me exactly what the second interview would entail.

Full Time Travel Teller Summer Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Webster Bank in May 2013.

They called me 30 minutes after I applied online. A phone interview was given to check my schedule and then an interview at the location that was hiring. Both the manager and assistant manager interviewed me but the way the seating was I felt cornered. They told me they would contact me regardless if I get an offer or not but they never did.

Interview Questions
    • What would your employers say about you? Name more than one strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Webster Bank in June 2012.

very professional interview was more concerned about my appearance

Anonymous Employee in Southington, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Southington, CT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Webster Bank in October 2011.

I had a great phone interview and before I knew it I was interviewing face to face with the Head Teller and Assistant Manager. The interview went well and less than a week later before the interview process was complete I received an e-mail that they hired someone internally. Webster Bank is a small bank. The people who work there seem to be very superficial. They will waste your time and hire from within.

Java Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Webster Bank in March 2011.

I was asked basic core java questions along with some xml, jsp and database questions.