Webster Bank Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Manager Benefits and Claims Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Webster Bank in July 2014.

I had 2 phone interviews, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. The hiring manager said i would hear one way or another from her or HR regarding next steps. When i followed up with her she didn't respond. I thought she was unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • How could I help with implementing new on boarding processes for claims?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Webster Bank in May 2010.

In person interview with Market Manager. Market Manager had very strong interview skills and gave vast information about what to expect from the job. Did ask a lot of questions regarding sales management skills, how to motivate team, how to set example, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What types of outreach will you do to obtain sales goals? How much time are you willing to devote to this job?   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate salary

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at Webster Bank in February 2014.

interviewer was kind of harsh and basically seemed like she didnt want to do the interview in the first place. made me wonder he she want to fill the position

Business Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Webster Bank in December 2013.

Phone screening followed by a personal interview. Interviewer had a subordinate attend the interview also. Very enthusiastic about my experience, seemed to be selling the job to me. I was equally enthusiastic regarding the company. Interview lasted considerably longer than scheduled. The interviewer told me she was definitely scheduling a second interview through the recruiter and told me exactly what the second interview would entail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamden, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Webster Bank in June 2012.

very professional interview was more concerned about my appearance

Teller Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Webster Bank in January 2010.

Attended job fair for Webster. Phone interviewed, basic questions.

Full Time Travel Teller Summer Position Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Webster Bank in May 2013.

They called me 30 minutes after I applied online. A phone interview was given to check my schedule and then an interview at the location that was hiring. Both the manager and assistant manager interviewed me but the way the seating was I felt cornered. They told me they would contact me regardless if I get an offer or not but they never did.

Interview Questions
    • What would your employers say about you? Name more than one strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Webster Bank in March 2012.

Arrived at the interview and was interviewed by 4 people. The first was an HR person who gave the basic interview questions and a personality test. The test consisted of choosing words that describe you and words you think should describe you. Very easy and laid back.
    The next 3 people were highly ranked attorneys in the company. 2 of them seemed very organized and we discussed my career to date as well as background information and goals and a little about the position. The fourth interviewer was not very organized and showed up late. He did not have anything to ask me and it was a bit awkward. I am not sure if that was because he may have already decided they wanted someone with more experience (I am a recent grad) or if he was just not an experienced interviewer. Overall, it was a pleasant interview even though it did not result in a job. I was called back about a month later to interview for a different position with them. They were friendly, not overly formal and they did not make me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, they wanted to know what I wanted to do with my career as the job description had not been written yet. It is hard to prepare for an interview if you do not know what the job is. That is where I was weakest, as I was hoping they would tell me what the job description was. I had no idea what they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

Summer Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Webster Bank in June 2010.

Had two phone screens with a corporate recruiter, then a 1 on 1 with the branch manager.

Anonymous Employee  in  Southington, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Southington, CT

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Webster Bank in October 2011.

I had a great phone interview and before I knew it I was interviewing face to face with the Head Teller and Assistant Manager. The interview went well and less than a week later before the interview process was complete I received an e-mail that they hired someone internally. Webster Bank is a small bank. The people who work there seem to be very superficial. They will waste your time and hire from within.

Interview Questions

Worked for Webster Bank? Contribute to the Community!