Webtrends

Profile Unclaimed

Webtrends Interview Questions

2.4

Portland Office Position Interview

All in all the interviews were pretty standard. No questions were too challenging.

The thing that I found most odd about the process was that my first interview was on the phone, and I had the opportunity to describe my ideal work environment, coworkers and so on.

The answer I gave was something about how I am seeking a company that embraces their culture and invests in their employees happiness at work, that I am most productive in a creative office space, with an open-desk atmosphere. I was told that what I described "sounded a lot like Webtrends"

To my surprise, when I went in for my in person interview, this was not the case. The office was rather dated with cubicles, fluorescent lights, some candy and business casual outfits.

Software Engineer Interview

Long day of interviewing - from 10am until 5pm, including lunch.
    Panel interviews with software engineers / the people who would work with me, centered almost entirely on whiteboarding & technical questions. Some people on the panel were remote (through skype or equivalent).
    A very long interview by the engineering manager - thorough, apparently centered on figuring out where I might fit on their staffing plan, figuring out where my interests and natural inclinations lie. Excellent poker face, he was careful not to give indications as to what he was looking for. He was very constant about avoiding small talk / connecting on another level than the interview / attempts at humor, and redirecting towards his agenda of questions. That was rather draining.
    A last interview which I completely flunked, essentially asking about my current job and what I would do differently. The flunking was my entire fault; the interview was on the phone which prevented me (absence of embarassed glares and body language) from even realizing how badly this was going.

Interview Questions
    • After I critiqued a system at my (then) current company, I was asked how I would do differently if given the reins. I was essentially blank. The position was precisely about doing that sort of thinking. Duh.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Webtrends.

A typical 4+ hour interview cycle. I met with 4+ members of various teams as well as my would-be manager and another person in the department. The whiteboarding was pretty light and most questions seemed more geared toward my personality rather than technical ability. Some of the management seemed a little young and/or not qualified to be interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult thing I have ever had to complete?   Answer Question
    I asked for more money and got it.

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Webtrends in May 2012.

Referred by my professor. One onset interview. Asked about what I doing in school, and some statistics questions

no negotiable

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

interviewed at Webtrends in March 2012.

I met with Webtrends recruiters at a Career Fair on my college campus and applied to a job there. After a screening interview followed by a few more in-depth phone interviews I finally made it in for an onsite interview. It was slightly disorganized, but the people I interviewed with were wonderful. My only complaint was the fact that it took around a month to hear back with their final decision after the onsite interview, though they did keep me updated throughout that time period.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a pretty straight forward brain teaser during my last phone interview, which they said they don't normally do, but because I put that I was a logical problem solver on my resume they couldn't resist the opportunity to. It was the following "There are 20 different socks of two types in a drawer in a completely dark room. What is the minimum number of socks you should grab to ensure you have a matching pair?"   View Answers (4)

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Webtrends in August 2010.

I applied via the company website and got notice of a request to speak on the phone roughly one week later. I schedule the phone interview about 4 days after being first contacted, and the talk lasted about 45 minutes. Then, after hearing feedback directly on the phone, I was sent an email expressing interest in an in-person interview. This was schedule for roughly a week after the phone chat.

The phone chat consisted of really high-level questions: interest in company, interest in position, experience with Excel, analytics, future goals, etc. The in-person was also very comfortable and informal, and it had more to do with situational interactions and understanding the "fit" of myself to this job.

Overall very good experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Webtrends in July 2010.

I heard about this job and asked a current employee to submit my resume. Was contacted right away and told that the employee referral put me on the "top of the stack" of resumes.

Over a nearly 2 month period, I interviewed 3 times with 3 different people. Was then told that I should expect a 4th and possibly 5th interview with more individuals.

Despite having the required experience, background and skills, I was told that they didn't have any candidates that fit their needs. I noticed the job was re-posted online in the last few days.

This company obviously has no clue what they are looking for. I a friend of mine also interviewed for this job and is also incredibly qualified but apparently still not what they are looking for.

Proceed with caution....you have to wonder about a company that can't make a hiring decision despite multiple, more than qualified candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to recommend product re-pricing, what information would you need for the analysis?   View Answer
    • How much money are you expecting to make in your next job?   View Answer

SEM Analyst for Ad Director Product/Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Webtrends in December 2009.

Was made to jump thru a few hoops during interview process and in the end, hiring manager wasn't courteous enough to let me know I didn't get the position (going on 2 months since last contact).

4 questions in interview:

1. how many golf balls fit in a 747
    2. why are manhole covers round
    3. use 8 equal length lines to create 3 squares
    4. use 5 lines (any length), draw 5 equalat. triangles

also had to come up with SEM stratagy and site analysis for this site go-today.com

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Webtrends in January 2008.

The interview process went smoothly. There wasn't a huge delay between interview and hire time. went to the standard interview process of meeting with other hand lists, FP&A manager, controller. interview was a mix of behavioral interview questions and general accomplishments type questions. suit and a tie is recommended even though the business environment is casual.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would perform a function that is pertinent to the job. I haven't had that experience before so I didn't know how to answer.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate some additional money to offset parking costs

Online Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Webtrends in February 2012.

Had a phone interview, then an in person and then another phone interview.