Webvisible Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Webvisible

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Webvisible in July 2010.

The interview started with a recruiter who then passed me on to a recruiter from webvisible. The first interview was a phone interview. I was then passed along to do a face to face interview. This interview consisted of role play. I had to role play with five different sales managers.

Interview Questions

Major Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Webvisible in July 2010.

I was referred by two of my friends who were recent hires. They are ramping up fast and growing the sales team so I was confident that I might get a quick turn around on this one. Everything went pretty smoothly except for the internal recruiter.

I had a phone interview with the recruiter I will call, Kurt. Kurt talked with me for a long time on the phone - he wasn't very good at describing the technology or the particulars of the sales position - he seemed very young and very new at his job. He admitted that this was his first job out of College. We set up an interview with the Director of Sales at their Playa Vista office - I was really excited.

Upon my arrival to the office which was a sea of empty cubes - a ghost town formerly occupied by another company - I was ushered across the cube sea to a small office where I waited for about 30 minutes. Mind you Kurt wasn't there so he sent one of his colleagues to meet me. I then met with the Director of Sales and we got along famously - our backgrounds are very similar and she explained what the company is doing and how rapidly they are growing and what her priorities are. She did most of the talking but I managed to get in a few things that resonated with her and I think she appreciated my diverse background. I could see us becoming friends in the future and I was excited about the opportunity - especially since she didn't care where I lived and that I could work from home. Great for me.

We left the interview with a few follow-up items. She wanted to share a presentation with me and wanted to discuss what my thoughts were - we talked about chatting the following Wednesday. She then asked when I would be back in town so I could meet the CEO at the HQ. I told her in a couple of weeks - she wrote that down. We chatted amicable on the way out and looked forward to meeting again soon. I went out with my friend who referred me that night and shared my experience - he said by all accounts it sounded very positive. Cue the screeching tires and sounds of crickets here.

The following week I followed up with the HR guy, Kurt to tell him when I would be back in town so we could meet again - no word. I called him again and shared with him what the Director of Sales had said, he promised to get back to me that afternoon. No call. I called again and he said he would walk into the Director of Sales office and call me right back. He then called and informed me that I was no longer being considered. What?????? What the hell happened? I asked what was lacking in my background to warrant such a huge change - he said I would have to talk with the Director of Sales to get the scoop. WTF? How could things change so quickly?

I called my friend and he checked with the Director of Sales the next day. She explained that she really loved me but that I was brought in at the wrong level interview and that I am over qualified for the position (strike one against Kurt), and she told my friend that she wanted Kurt to call me directly to explain as part of his training (strike one against her and two to Kurt) and that he should be calling me the next day. Two weeks later, still no call (Strike three against Kurt, two against her).

Hey I understand that when a company is growing so rapidly that things can get tricky and hectic but really? The way the whole thing was handled was all wrong - I don't think the Director of Sales knows what she is doing when it comes to recruiting - but more importantly - why is she training the HR folks? Shouldn't they have an HR director for that?

If they call again I would for sure meet with them - they have a great company with a terrific product and I would be honored to work there - but I think I would wait until all the growth shakes out so I know they mean business.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background - how did you get to this point in your career.   Answer Question