Wedbush Securities Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

- three in person interviews, pretty easy - simple questions about your background, where you want to head or what you are looking to do - math test - 20 questions, basic arithmetic - HR was friendly and helpful - additional staff were not necessarily friendly - most management did not have much to say - when walking through no one seems happy

Interview Questions

• - what are you looking to do? - what is your background?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wedbush Securities.

Interview

I applied online. After a week, I received a phone call from the HR. She just asked simple questions about the background. She said she will set up an onsite interview in the following week. When I asked her about the position, she was very impatient.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities.

Interview

Phone interview, written math test, face to face interview. It would've great if I was told that the job was taken that morning. Basically a waste of time, was interviewed for a job I didn't qualify for just to show that I was interviewed I guess.. Frustrating process.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied directly on the Wedbush website for my position and I received a call from one of their recruiters. She asked if I had a few minutes, and while I was surprised that she launched into some interview questions, she was so nice and encouraging that I did not mind at all. She asked some very interesting and different questions and was then very enthusiastic about my candidacy for the role. She spoke very highly of the hiring manager and scheduled an interview for me. She provided directions to the building, what floor to go to and where to park. The recruiter also prepared me for a test that I would take during the interview process. When I met with the hiring manager, she was a pleasure to chat with and it felt more like a conversation than an interrogation. She had me take a math/logic test. I was brought to a nice quiet room, provided with scratch paper and pencils and given an hour. The test was not too difficult and the hiring manager assured me that it was not a huge factor. I then met a couple people in the department briefly and was able to sit down with the head of the department for a bit who was also delightful. He and I had a nice chat about my background, joked a little and he sent me on my way. The recruiter followed up with me about the whole process and was still encouraging. The hiring manager also followed up with me several times and throughout was very complimentary and very open with me about the whole process. Everyone I spoke with was very accommodating and excited about my candidacy. The hiring manager provided benefits details up front for my review so there were no surprises when I started. It was a very positive and seamless experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you did better than anyone else in your last job?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Received call from recruiter and set up interview for following week. Met with several people while there and took a short test that was required for all applicants regardless of the position being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic, nothing unexpected as from a normal interview.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The initial hiring process was great. I went through AppleOne to have them set me up with this interview. After my interview at Wedbush, I was given a formal job offer which was pending my background, credit check, and drug test. A week and a half later, they informed me that my job offer had been formally rescinded due to my credit history. They felt that it would have been too big of a risk to take if they chose to hire me. It was a horrible feeling, considering that my past mistakes were over 5 years ago. Apparently, they heavily weigh your credit score more so than other hiring factors.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and was selected for a phone interview. Following the initial screen, had one interview in person at the office and was also given a test to complete.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Tell me about yourself, greatest strength, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities.

Interview

Took a coupe interviews. I expected they would pay more they didn't want to. Very little negotiation on pay. It is what it is. They tell you that in the future you can expect a raise but nobody gets on ever, once you get a bonus you quit.

Negotiation

Not long

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to come to the Los Angeles office for an interview. When I arrived, the first step was to complete a 35-question "logic" test, which was actually a basic algebra test. I was given an hour to complete it, however the questions were very easy and I finished it in less than 30 minutes. Following this, I was interviewed by the human resources department. The questions asked were not very difficult and basically covered general marketing problems, rather than questions specific to financial services. At the end of the interview, i was told the interviews and resumes would be discussed with the SVP, but this person was traveling and I should follow up in two weeks. After two weeks, I sent an email to HR asking for an update. After hearing nothing for a week, I sent another email. Still no response. During the interview, HR constantly emphasized the importance of the position, yet did not have the professional courtesy to respond to candidates.

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process consistent of two rounds. The first of which is an in person, behavioral interview with the head of the internship program. He is a senior associate, not an HR person. The second round consists of an aptitude test, which mostly consists of math questions, and a stock pitch. You pitch your stock to four different people, one at a time. Usually after the pitch is over, people will ask you more behavioral questions.