Wedbush Securities Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.5

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Received call from recruiter and set up interview for following week. Met with several people while there and took a short test that was required for all applicants regardless of the position being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic, nothing unexpected as from a normal interview.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The initial hiring process was great. I went through AppleOne to have them set me up with this interview. After my interview at Wedbush, I was given a formal job offer which was pending my background, credit check, and drug test. A week and a half later, they informed me that my job offer had been formally rescinded due to my credit history. They felt that it would have been too big of a risk to take if they chose to hire me. It was a horrible feeling, considering that my past mistakes were over 5 years ago. Apparently, they heavily weigh your credit score more so than other hiring factors.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to come to the Los Angeles office for an interview. When I arrived, the first step was to complete a 35-question "logic" test, which was actually a basic algebra test. I was given an hour to complete it, however the questions were very easy and I finished it in less than 30 minutes.

Following this, I was interviewed by the human resources department. The questions asked were not very difficult and basically covered general marketing problems, rather than questions specific to financial services.

At the end of the interview, i was told the interviews and resumes would be discussed with the SVP, but this person was traveling and I should follow up in two weeks.

After two weeks, I sent an email to HR asking for an update. After hearing nothing for a week, I sent another email. Still no response.

During the interview, HR constantly emphasized the importance of the position, yet did not have the professional courtesy to respond to candidates.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is sort of convoluted. If you have contacts, it is easier to get an interview. Recruiting on campus is a plus. Interview was straightforward since I am an engineering major. Had macro based market type questions and a few brain teasers. The phone interview was mostly fit questions.

Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through a recruiter and was called the following week for a phone interview. After the initial phone interview, the recruiter scheduled me for an in-person interview. A second in-person interview followed and I met with various individuals from the department.

They also require you to take a math test which is simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a negative situation and what steps would you take to make sure it didn't occur again?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Early morning interview with a math/ logic test - about 6th grade level math. Interviewed with three directors and sent about 2 hours at the building. Validated parking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pleasant negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to an internship at Wedbush through their online jobs database. A HR professional at the firm then contacted me, and I kept in contact with her to talk about the internship. After meeting her in person, I made an appointment to go to the firm and interview with a VP. I was asked basic questions about my background, why I was interested in this internship, etc. At the end of the interview, I met the team and made a work schedule on the spot.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interveiw process involves a test. It is a math / logic test. It is not too hard but requires critical thinking

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very straight forward

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

It went quickly and you have to be persistent with their HR who are seemingly forgetful. Regardless, they were very nice and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, I was not able to negotiate.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week. Had a 15 min. detailed phone interview and got invited for an in-person. During the in-person interview I had to take a math/logic test which I found to be very easy and they give you a calculator. Then, I met with a recruiter for about 30 minutes and then a hiring manager. Both were very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got the perfect offer and did not need to negotiate