Wedbush Securities Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.6

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty jarring actually, I applied online for one position, got called in for two positions (the original application & an additional position). When I arrived, I was told the manager for the original position I applied for was unavailable and that I would be notified if that person wanted to move forward and meet with me. This also happened to a friend of mine, so be aware of this when applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background, etc...normal things. Though they will ask you to explain anything less than satisfactory about yourself.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

- three in person interviews, pretty easy - simple questions about your background, where you want to head or what you are looking to do - math test - 20 questions, basic arithmetic - HR was friendly and helpful - additional staff were not necessarily friendly - most management did not have much to say - when walking through no one seems happy

Interview Questions

• - what are you looking to do? - what is your background?   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied directly on the Wedbush website for my position and I received a call from one of their recruiters. She asked if I had a few minutes, and while I was surprised that she launched into some interview questions, she was so nice and encouraging that I did not mind at all. She asked some very interesting and different questions and was then very enthusiastic about my candidacy for the role. She spoke very highly of the hiring manager and scheduled an interview for me. She provided directions to the building, what floor to go to and where to park. The recruiter also prepared me for a test that I would take during the interview process. When I met with the hiring manager, she was a pleasure to chat with and it felt more like a conversation than an interrogation. She had me take a math/logic test. I was brought to a nice quiet room, provided with scratch paper and pencils and given an hour. The test was not too difficult and the hiring manager assured me that it was not a huge factor. I then met a couple people in the department briefly and was able to sit down with the head of the department for a bit who was also delightful. He and I had a nice chat about my background, joked a little and he sent me on my way. The recruiter followed up with me about the whole process and was still encouraging. The hiring manager also followed up with me several times and throughout was very complimentary and very open with me about the whole process. Everyone I spoke with was very accommodating and excited about my candidacy. The hiring manager provided benefits details up front for my review so there were no surprises when I started. It was a very positive and seamless experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you did better than anyone else in your last job?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Received call from recruiter and set up interview for following week. Met with several people while there and took a short test that was required for all applicants regardless of the position being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic, nothing unexpected as from a normal interview.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The initial hiring process was great. I went through AppleOne to have them set me up with this interview. After my interview at Wedbush, I was given a formal job offer which was pending my background, credit check, and drug test. A week and a half later, they informed me that my job offer had been formally rescinded due to my credit history. They felt that it would have been too big of a risk to take if they chose to hire me. It was a horrible feeling, considering that my past mistakes were over 5 years ago. Apparently, they heavily weigh your credit score more so than other hiring factors.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to come to the Los Angeles office for an interview. When I arrived, the first step was to complete a 35-question "logic" test, which was actually a basic algebra test. I was given an hour to complete it, however the questions were very easy and I finished it in less than 30 minutes. Following this, I was interviewed by the human resources department. The questions asked were not very difficult and basically covered general marketing problems, rather than questions specific to financial services. At the end of the interview, i was told the interviews and resumes would be discussed with the SVP, but this person was traveling and I should follow up in two weeks. After two weeks, I sent an email to HR asking for an update. After hearing nothing for a week, I sent another email. Still no response. During the interview, HR constantly emphasized the importance of the position, yet did not have the professional courtesy to respond to candidates.

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process consistent of two rounds. The first of which is an in person, behavioral interview with the head of the internship program. He is a senior associate, not an HR person. The second round consists of an aptitude test, which mostly consists of math questions, and a stock pitch. You pitch your stock to four different people, one at a time. Usually after the pitch is over, people will ask you more behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is sort of convoluted. If you have contacts, it is easier to get an interview. Recruiting on campus is a plus. Interview was straightforward since I am an engineering major. Had macro based market type questions and a few brain teasers. The phone interview was mostly fit questions.

Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through a recruiter and was called the following week for a phone interview. After the initial phone interview, the recruiter scheduled me for an in-person interview. A second in-person interview followed and I met with various individuals from the department. They also require you to take a math test which is simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a negative situation and what steps would you take to make sure it didn't occur again?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Early morning interview with a math/ logic test - about 6th grade level math. Interviewed with three directors and sent about 2 hours at the building. Validated parking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pleasant negotiation