Wegmans

2.8

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans.

About a week after submitting my application online, I received an email asking for a phone interview. My phone interview went pretty well in my opinion, and the questions I was asked were the same questions other people applying for this position were asked. I was prepared for all of them because I did my research online and prepared my answers. I sent a thank you email and a few days later the lady called me back asking me to clarify my availability, so I gave her my school schedule (I'm in college) and told her when I could work. She said that working around my schedule would be no problem and gave me the impression that I had a good chance of getting hired. She told me that I would hear back within a week, but after over two weeks passed I received an email saying that I was not getting hired.

Interview Questions
  • All the questions were expected because I researched what they would ask   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wegmans

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wegmans in July 2014.

I applied at Wegmans and the process took about 1+ weeks. I applied online and got a call from a hr rep about 2 days after I applied. We set up a phone interview. When she called for the phone interview the questions were pretty simple. She asked me about my availability and usual interview questions. The next day she called back and we set up a in person interview which i'm now waiting on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans.

The interview processes consisted of about 2.5 interviews. First, there was a phone call from their HR rep. She asked me a few general questions about my availability and interest in the position, and then we set up a time for a more formal phone interview. This phone interview happened about two days later. I called her and she asked me detailed questions about my work experience and asked me questions about working with others and past experiences, etc. At the end, she set up a formal in-person interview with the manager of the store I was applying to.
    That interview was very easy and only lasted about 10-15 minutes. She asked me questions about my availability and my ability to work with customers and operate a register. I was offered the job on the spot.
    I would suggest wearing something "business casual" to the interview. Not a dress or a full suit and tie, but rather dress pants and a nice shirt, or a skirt with tights and a nice shirt. Definitely no yoga leggings, girls- this a formal interview. I wore black dress pants, a silk shirt, and a cardigan.

She offered me 9.25 and I accepted-- it is a great pay rate

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wegmans.

Very warm and friendly atmosphere, there were about two reps in the interview with me. One was an HR rep, the other was a team leader from the front-end. They asked me about my experience with customer service, math skills, what kinds of responsibilities I had at my previous job.

Interview Questions
    • What was an issue you had to deal with in your previous job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans.

I handed in my application. Couple weeks later I received a call to come in and interview with the HR Rep. When I walked in I didn't get the HR Rep that was for that store since she was out. I was asked basic questions about me that were general. Couple weeks more I then received another call to come back in for a second interview. Interviewed with the front end manager. He described the duties of a cashier and showed me the cash register.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asbury Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asbury Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans in January 2014.

I applied online and was invited via email to interview and when I responded via email, I never heard back. I actually received an email saying I was no longer being considered. So I called and asked why? Turned out my email went to spam and they thought I had never responded. Long story short, they were super apologetic and got me right in for a phone interview which was very easy. From there I was invited to an in-person interview with the manager and a manager in training. It was very relaxed and they asked the typical questions. They told me I'd hear within 5 days and I did. They offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Name a new dish or ingredient you've tried recently that you would recommend to a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to handle a situation in which there were no set guidelines or protocol to follow.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans in November 2013.

I received an email asking me to call the Fredericksburg location if I was still interested in a job. I called twice and left a message before I received another email asking me to call before a certain time a few days later to schedule an interview. Once again I called and left a message before I was called back to schedule my phone interview. That is scheduled to happen tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans in October 2013.

This took a long time. After I sent in my application, it took me 5 weeks for me to hear back, and when they called me, it sped up a lot. They scheduled my phone interview the next day, invited me back for an in-person interview 6 days later for the next day again. The lady that hired me was really nice and friendly, and she di her job well.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you didn't get along with another employee and nobody was around to help you solve the problem, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wegmans.

I applied online for a current position as front end cashier as well as a future opportunities position as a front end cashier. I got an email the next morning asking if I wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was the next day. She then passed my information along to the interviewer from the store that I applied to. She emailed me later the same day that my phone interview was to schedule an in person interview. That was scheduled for two days later, and I am currently waiting for that to take place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wegmans.

After appIying I received a phone call which was very friendly and helpful, asking me if I would like to schedule a phone interview. When they ended up calling me The interview that followed was confusing and ridiculous. I honestly felt as though the interviewer was actively trying to trap me into difficult and complicated questions. The interview is also typed up by the interviewer, so they want your answers to be very basic and yes or no type answers even if the question would seem to require something complex. For simply a cashier position it was a bit ridiculous. The interviewer was also very rude and impolite she often would speak condescendingly.

Interview Questions
    • I made it clear that I would have a free schedule the entire summer, and open availability, I kept getting asked if I was looking for seasonal work,part time or full time. I replied that I would take any position offered me, and was very rudely told I HAD to pick one. I'm not saying that this will be everyone's experience, and I have heard very good things about this company, but this particular interviewer was rude and unhelpful.   Answer Question