Wegmans

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Montgomeryville, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Wegmans in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews. The first was with a recruiter and the second was with the front end manager. I was going to be a cashier and thought it went well. Questions were fairly simple. One interview was one day and the second was the following morning. Took about a week or two until I heard back.

Interview Question – Can you name our 5 'Who We Are' values and pick the one that most represents you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiations. They offered what I asked during the interview.

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – The interview processes consisted of about 2.5 interviews. First, there was a phone call from their HR rep. She asked me a few general questions about my availability and interest in the position, and then we set up a time for a more formal phone interview. This phone interview happened about two days later. I called her and she asked me detailed questions about my work experience and asked me questions about working with others and past experiences, etc. At the end, she set up a formal in-person interview with the manager of the store I was applying to.
That interview was very easy and only lasted about 10-15 minutes. She asked me questions about my availability and my ability to work with customers and operate a register. I was offered the job on the spot.
I would suggest wearing something "business casual" to the interview. Not a dress or a full suit and tie, but rather dress pants and a nice shirt, or a skirt with tights and a nice shirt. Definitely no yoga leggings, girls- this a formal interview. I wore black dress pants, a silk shirt, and a cardigan.

Interview Question – What does food safety mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She offered me 9.25 and I accepted-- it is a great pay rate

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wegmans in February 2012.

Interview Details – I conducted 3 interviews one over the phone one with hiring recruiter and one with my department manager.They asked me simple questions about what customer service meant to me, when was a time that I felt dissappointed with myself.

Interview Question – Tell Me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Asbury Park, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited via email to interview and when I responded via email, I never heard back. I actually received an email saying I was no longer being considered. So I called and asked why? Turned out my email went to spam and they thought I had never responded. Long story short, they were super apologetic and got me right in for a phone interview which was very easy. From there I was invited to an in-person interview with the manager and a manager in training. It was very relaxed and they asked the typical questions. They told me I'd hear within 5 days and I did. They offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name a new dish or ingredient you've tried recently that you would recommend to a customer.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had to handle a situation in which there were no set guidelines or protocol to follow.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – Very warm and friendly atmosphere, there were about two reps in the interview with me. One was an HR rep, the other was a team leader from the front-end. They asked me about my experience with customer service, math skills, what kinds of responsibilities I had at my previous job.

Interview Question – What was an issue you had to deal with in your previous job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – I handed in my application. Couple weeks later I received a call to come in and interview with the HR Rep. When I walked in I didn't get the HR Rep that was for that store since she was out. I was asked basic questions about me that were general. Couple weeks more I then received another call to come back in for a second interview. Interviewed with the front end manager. He described the duties of a cashier and showed me the cash register.

Interview Question – No unexpected question.   Answer Question

Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in November 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email asking me to call the Fredericksburg location if I was still interested in a job. I called twice and left a message before I received another email asking me to call before a certain time a few days later to schedule an interview. Once again I called and left a message before I was called back to schedule my phone interview. That is scheduled to happen tomorrow.

Interview Question – I'll get back to you on that tomorrow   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Amherst, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in October 2013.

Interview Details – This took a long time. After I sent in my application, it took me 5 weeks for me to hear back, and when they called me, it sped up a lot. They scheduled my phone interview the next day, invited me back for an in-person interview 6 days later for the next day again. The lady that hired me was really nice and friendly, and she di her job well.

Interview Question – Name a time that you didn't get along with another employee and nobody was around to help you solve the problem, and what did you do?   Answer Question

State College, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – I applied online for a current position as front end cashier as well as a future opportunities position as a front end cashier. I got an email the next morning asking if I wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was the next day. She then passed my information along to the interviewer from the store that I applied to. She emailed me later the same day that my phone interview was to schedule an in person interview. That was scheduled for two days later, and I am currently waiting for that to take place.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – After appIying I received a phone call which was very friendly and helpful, asking me if I would like to schedule a phone interview. When they ended up calling me The interview that followed was confusing and ridiculous. I honestly felt as though the interviewer was actively trying to trap me into difficult and complicated questions. The interview is also typed up by the interviewer, so they want your answers to be very basic and yes or no type answers even if the question would seem to require something complex. For simply a cashier position it was a bit ridiculous. The interviewer was also very rude and impolite she often would speak condescendingly.

Interview Question – I made it clear that I would have a free schedule the entire summer, and open availability, I kept getting asked if I was looking for seasonal work,part time or full time. I replied that I would take any position offered me, and was very rudely told I HAD to pick one. I'm not saying that this will be everyone's experience, and I have heard very good things about this company, but this particular interviewer was rude and unhelpful.   Answer Question

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!