Wegmans

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process took about month. I had phone interview which was easy but the interviewer was a little rude. I was expecting to get the job offer within a week got a email declining me.

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in July 2013.

Interview Details – one interview, went well but believe I wasn't hired because of availability

Interview Question – Most efficient store you know of?   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Wegmans in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was typical, they do it in the front end of the store. They were impressed I had a resume. Asked very customer service based questions like "what would you do if a customer...?" They may also ask you to mentally make change if applying for a cashier position.

Interview Question – Questions about how you would react if there was a frustrated customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for entry-level

Very Easy Interview

Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring took about a week for me. I applied two weeks before they contacted me, was interviewed and given the job immediately before I left the interview. The HR lady was very nice and informative and was very helpful throughout my years of employment.

Interview Question – Very generic questions, nothing too complicated at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She offered me three different positions, all with the same pay grade

Gainesville, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in October 2009.

Interview Details – I had initial interview during open walk in application process for new store to be opened in 2 months. Interviewer was extremely nice , the interview took about 10 minutes. I then was asked to stay and wait til called. I interpreted this to mean the interview I just had was a screening one and I had passed. I saw others who were not asked to remain. About 5 minutes later I was called back and interviewed by another person.

Interview Question – Define what diversity means to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase. I accept the job offer immediately.

Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – Relaxed. Brief. No hard questions. No references needed.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Crofton, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wegmans in June 2012.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview not long after submitting the online form. Basic questions, but the person interviewing was horribly unprepared.

I was called for an in-person interview six weeks after that. Again, same questions as on the phone, with one or two extras thrown in. Both interviewers were late, rushed and distracted the whole time. Not fun.

Interview Question – Do you think people should be paid all the same or based on their own merit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Please, please, please don't let them only pay you $10/hr. I found out afterwards everyone I work with makes $12/hr+ doing the same job.

Erie, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in December 2008.

Interview Details – After an initial application submission online I was invited to an interview at the store I applied to. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was mostly behavioral. The store manager and the HR rep conducted the interview.

Interview Question – They value loyalty and employee retention. They threw me off a bit by asking what my specific goals were with the store. How long I planned to work there, positions that seemed appealing etc.   Answer Question

Allentown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wegmans in April 2008.

Interview Details – The process of getting a job at wegmans was pretty stress free. You can initially fill out an online application through their website careers portal. After filling out the application, someone will initially contact you via phone and ask you a few simple questions such as when you would be willing to work, what department, what your work background is. They are not looking to grill you during this phone interview, think of it just as confirming the information on your resume, they want to "HEAR IT". After this, they will say thank you and schedule an in store interview. This is probably even easier. They ask simple "why you want this job" stuff like that. Just be truthful, if you have a family to support, SAY THAT! they will definitely understand. good luck!

Interview Question – What do you want this job?   View Answer

Crofton, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in June 2012.

Interview Details – I just had a phone interview. The woman seemed nice and asked a lot of general questions. I was told that I would hear back in about 3 to 4 weeks if they want to do a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!