Wegmans Food Markets

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.8

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

After the job submitting came to a close, I got my phone interview a few days later. Then I went into the store to the second interview. It was my first interview, and it was, in my opinion, bad. I should of prepared myself and read up on some of the questions so I won't need to ask them to repeat questions again.

Interview Questions
  • What does the word diversity mean to you?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in January 2015.

I applied had a phone interview then an in person interview. The whole process from application to orientation took about 5 weeks. They sent me an email saying they would like to schedule a phone interview so I did for the following week then my interviewer got sick so it took a little longer. They said they would call back if I got the job in 2-7 days, and they didn't so on the 8th day I called them asked what the status on my interview was and they called me back the next day wanting to set up an in person interview. We scheduled that for the following week then they called me a week after that and told me they would like to hire me and what the process would be like. I got my working permit (I'm 16), filled out banking info, ordered my uniform and set up a date for orientation which is 1 week from today then I'll learn the ins and outs and get scheduled from there. I would recommend being a cashier from my knowledge so far, everyone says Wegmans is a wonderful place to work. I hope you get hired!

Interview Questions
    I haven't stated yet but take the job it should be worth it

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in December 2014.

First i had to apply online. There is no other option. Then they emailed me with a phone number to call them to schedule with a phone interview. I called and set up for a phone interview for two weeks later. They called me and that's when I had the interview. I didn't get the opportunity for a next interview after that.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

About a week after submitting my application online, I received an email asking for a phone interview. My phone interview went pretty well in my opinion, and the questions I was asked were the same questions other people applying for this position were asked. I was prepared for all of them because I did my research online and prepared my answers. I sent a thank you email and a few days later the lady called me back asking me to clarify my availability, so I gave her my school schedule (I'm in college) and told her when I could work. She said that working around my schedule would be no problem and gave me the impression that I had a good chance of getting hired. She told me that I would hear back within a week, but after over two weeks passed I received an email saying that I was not getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were expected because I researched what they would ask   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in July 2014.

I applied at Wegmans and the process took about 1+ weeks. I applied online and got a call from a hr rep about 2 days after I applied. We set up a phone interview. When she called for the phone interview the questions were pretty simple. She asked me about my availability and usual interview questions. The next day she called back and we set up a in person interview which i'm now waiting on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

The interview processes consisted of about 2.5 interviews. First, there was a phone call from their HR rep. She asked me a few general questions about my availability and interest in the position, and then we set up a time for a more formal phone interview. This phone interview happened about two days later. I called her and she asked me detailed questions about my work experience and asked me questions about working with others and past experiences, etc. At the end, she set up a formal in-person interview with the manager of the store I was applying to.
    That interview was very easy and only lasted about 10-15 minutes. She asked me questions about my availability and my ability to work with customers and operate a register. I was offered the job on the spot.
    I would suggest wearing something "business casual" to the interview. Not a dress or a full suit and tie, but rather dress pants and a nice shirt, or a skirt with tights and a nice shirt. Definitely no yoga leggings, girls- this a formal interview. I wore black dress pants, a silk shirt, and a cardigan.

She offered me 9.25 and I accepted-- it is a great pay rate

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Very warm and friendly atmosphere, there were about two reps in the interview with me. One was an HR rep, the other was a team leader from the front-end. They asked me about my experience with customer service, math skills, what kinds of responsibilities I had at my previous job.

Interview Questions
    • What was an issue you had to deal with in your previous job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

I handed in my application. Couple weeks later I received a call to come in and interview with the HR Rep. When I walked in I didn't get the HR Rep that was for that store since she was out. I was asked basic questions about me that were general. Couple weeks more I then received another call to come back in for a second interview. Interviewed with the front end manager. He described the duties of a cashier and showed me the cash register.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asbury Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asbury Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in January 2014.

I applied online and was invited via email to interview and when I responded via email, I never heard back. I actually received an email saying I was no longer being considered. So I called and asked why? Turned out my email went to spam and they thought I had never responded. Long story short, they were super apologetic and got me right in for a phone interview which was very easy. From there I was invited to an in-person interview with the manager and a manager in training. It was very relaxed and they asked the typical questions. They told me I'd hear within 5 days and I did. They offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Name a new dish or ingredient you've tried recently that you would recommend to a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to handle a situation in which there were no set guidelines or protocol to follow.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in November 2013.

I received an email asking me to call the Fredericksburg location if I was still interested in a job. I called twice and left a message before I received another email asking me to call before a certain time a few days later to schedule an interview. Once again I called and left a message before I was called back to schedule my phone interview. That is scheduled to happen tomorrow.