Wegmans Food Markets

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

I have had three interviews, questions were a little repetitive, time-consuming interviews. Questions covered past job experiences, handling difficult employees as well as difficult supervisors. Multiple questions on providing the best customer service experience, example of a company where you had a great customer experience.

Interview Questions
  • Provide a situation in which you dealt with a difficult supervisor, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in February 2014.

The interview process took about month. I had phone interview which was easy but the interviewer was a little rude. I was expecting to get the job offer within a week got a email declining me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in July 2013.

one interview, went well but believe I wasn't hired because of availability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Relaxed. Brief. No hard questions. No references needed.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crofton, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in June 2012.

Simple phone interview not long after submitting the online form. Basic questions, but the person interviewing was horribly unprepared.

I was called for an in-person interview six weeks after that. Again, same questions as on the phone, with one or two extras thrown in. Both interviewers were late, rushed and distracted the whole time. Not fun.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think people should be paid all the same or based on their own merit?   Answer Question
    Please, please, please don't let them only pay you $10/hr. I found out afterwards everyone I work with makes $12/hr+ doing the same job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crofton, MD

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in June 2012.

I just had a phone interview. The woman seemed nice and asked a lot of general questions. I was told that I would hear back in about 3 to 4 weeks if they want to do a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in July 2011.

Well I applied to the new store opening in Bel Air Md. I applied online. They were not doing interviews until the begining of July 2011. I recieved a call from there hiring center to set up a phone interview. I had my phone interview the following Friday after my call. I talked to a very nice man and he asked me basic questions about why I wanted to work for the company and what I knew about the company. I was also asked what positions I wanted to apply for and the top three ones. I then was told I should get a call back in about 2 to 3 weeks if I meet there criteria for the job. I got a call back about a week later to come in for a second interview. I am going for my second interview tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in May 2011.

The hiring took about a week for me. I applied two weeks before they contacted me, was interviewed and given the job immediately before I left the interview. The HR lady was very nice and informative and was very helpful throughout my years of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic questions, nothing too complicated at all.   Answer Question
    She offered me three different positions, all with the same pay grade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in October 2009.

I had initial interview during open walk in application process for new store to be opened in 2 months. Interviewer was extremely nice , the interview took about 10 minutes. I then was asked to stay and wait til called. I interpreted this to mean the interview I just had was a screening one and I had passed. I saw others who were not asked to remain. About 5 minutes later I was called back and interviewed by another person.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. I accept the job offer immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in September 2009.

Interview was typical, they do it in the front end of the store. They were impressed I had a resume. Asked very customer service based questions like "what would you do if a customer...?" They may also ask you to mentally make change if applying for a cashier position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how you would react if there was a frustrated customer   Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry-level