Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.7

Dairy Customer Service Full Time Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Filled out app online a couple days later they called me to set up phone interview 4 days later then a few days later set up face to face interview with groceries merchandise and a asst manager a week later had interview then 4 days later called me for job offer each interview lasted about an hr very nice mainly same question and talk about your your app

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you. why should wegmans pick you   1 Answer

Part Time Sub Shop - Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Buffalo, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online after a friend of mine had recommended Wegmans as a great place to work. Exactly two weeks after I submitted my application, I received an email asking my availability to set up a phone interview. 4 days later, I had my phone interview. Basic questions mostly and some situational. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was told I would receive a call within the week if I was selected to proceed in the interview process. I was actually called later that same day to set up a second interview in-store. I was told when I arrived for my second interview that it would be conducted with 2 individuals from the department. I never felt rushed to answer and they both were very polite and friendly. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour. I was then given a tour of part of the store by the Sous Chef, which was cool. The same woman that conducted my phone interview called the next day to offer me a position. After my background check, I will be attending orientation!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time where you had to teach a friend or co-worker a new skill?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • How would you demonstrate excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer who is upset?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question you did not know the answer to?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and about one week later I received an email to set up a phone interview. There were a lot of applicants, so it took a while until they could set up an interview for a few a days later. They asked very simple questions about customer service and previous experience. They said they would call or email me in the next 5-7 days and I received a call 5 days later asking to set up an in-person interview. I'll update once I have finished that interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some new recipes or ingredients you have tried recently? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in July 2015.

Interview

I went in during the first day of open interviews. The first interview was about 30 minutes; basic questions and more specific ones as well. The person interviewing me felt like I would be a good fit and I was given the second interview the same day. The second interview was many more questions on situations and how I would respond. The second person who interviewed me said that I would either receive a rejection email within the next couple of weeks or a call saying I got the job. I received a job offer call the day after my interview. Very smooth, good atmosphere, nice people.

Pizza Maker Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Was super easy. Just bare with all the trick questions and bs your way through it and you will be fine. It was long and tedious but the offer after the fact was pretty solid.

Better opportunity elsewhere

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Applied and interviewed within a week got offered the job a couple days later. It was honestly one of the easiest interviews I've done. They were so nice and kind

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I did not have a good experience. Was basically asked to repeat the same information I gave online. I think honestly, for a job that pays less than $10 an hour out of the gate, it's a little ridiculous that the HR person cared so much about why you disliked/liked or left a job from six years ago. I've had interviews for professional positions that didn't want to drill so far into your past or care. I was excited to work here because of how great a company it is, but I think they need to keep your employment history to last three employers or the last five years and give HR less say in the process. I felt silly having to give up my history for the last 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone didn't listen and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, revived a call 2 days later for my first interview, which was about a week and a half later. Then received a call a few days after that interview about a second interview, then finally received a call about the job.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (North Wales, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

They called me a couple days after submitting my application and asked if I was interested in talking about my application. However, when I called they told me they would look over my submittions and my availability and that was all. I then received an email that I was not considered for any of the 4 positions. I believe from my best guess is because I either have no job experience or since I would be cutting down my days to only weekends for college after the summer.

Grocery Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Amherst, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied around the middle of May and got contacted through email to schedule a phone interview. I called a few times but the lady I needed to talk to was out of the office so I decided to email her instead, which we then used email to further schedule my interview. My phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and there was a lot of basic questions asked about why I wanted to work for the company and how they could benefit from hiring me. The second part of the application process, the in-person interview, didn't happen till earlier this week. So the whole process will have taken about two months; I have learned that the position I originally applied for was filled when I submitted the application and was only contacted once another position became available. The in-person interview was a very comfortable experience. I was interviewed by two ladies, a human resource manager and the manager of the department I would be working for. They took me into the back room early and the interview lasted approximately 30-40 minutes. Overall it was a fairly easy interview. At the end they said it would take about a week, week and a half for them to get back to me but the main human resource manager contacted me the very next day with a job offer. Basically, if you think you interview went well, it probably did.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working alone or in a group?   1 Answer