Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Wegmans Part Time Interview

Interview

Quick and Easy, within 2 weeks I was hired. Only one interview and training. Training was a long process. Everyone was very friendly. Cashing training was very detailed so when you went on live it was easy.

Entry Level Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Alexandria, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Extensive Phone Interview. The called in for a face to face interview with the managers and HR where they ask you the same questions and compare them to your phone questions.

Interview Questions

• You need to know very specific information fr up to 10 years of your work and residential history.   Answer Question

Dairy Part-Time Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took 10 days. I applied online for 3 jobs. I Received a call back from a really nice sounding lady. She gave me a Short phone interview, asking some questions but also asking which of the three jobs i was most interested in doing. Interview was friendly seemed to go well. We will have a longer interview in a couple of days. Hopefully it will be positive.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I applied online, about three weeks later I received an e-mail to set up a phone interview. On the day of my scheduled phone interview, I spoke with someone from HR. She was just confirming the information on my application, and asked a few simple questions. I was told I'd be receiving a call to set up an in-person interview within the next week or two. After almost two weeks passed, I finally received a call to set up an interview with someone from HR and the pharmacy manager. Went to the interview, it was very relaxed. They confirmed my availability and application information again, asked some more questions -- some weren't pharmacy related, they had a couple questions food related. Since I had no previous work experience, the questions were more based on my academic performance (i.e. Was there ever a time you had a group project and one of the members wasn't contributing? How did you handle the situation?). I received a call the same day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term and long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why work at a Wegmans pharmacy, why not another, more common, company?   Answer Question
    • If a customer were to ask you for a meal recommendation, how would you respond? What would you recommend?   Answer Question
    • Have you tried any new foods or recipes recently? If so, what was it? Did you enjoy it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Applied through school. 4 weeks later, got a call for a phone interview. Did phone interview. 2 weeks later invited for an on-site panel interview. It was me versus hiring manager, prospective supervisor, and general manager all in one room. Interview was not too tedius.

Interview Questions

• What is your view of an excellent customer service? What is renewable energy are you most passionate about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The lady was cold/rude. It was a phone interview. Read directly from a script and appeared to have no real interest in me or what I could bring to the job. Asked a serious of questions, most which had nothing to do with the position I applied for. Seemed like they were just interviewing for fun.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer needed help finding a product in the meat market?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Fairfax, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a 1 hour phone interview and was treated with respect and given time to answer the questions. It was a very detailed list of competency questions like; ' if this happened, what would you do and can you give me an example of when that has happened to you in a previous job?'

Interview Questions

• They asked me what salary range I would require.   1 Answer

Bakery Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about a week later offering me opportunity to schedule an interview. That part was annoying. The email said I had 48 hours to contact them. I received the email on a Saturday. I called them on Sunday and find out the HR people don't work on Sundays and to call back on Monday between 8 and 5. I called them and get directed to a recording. I leave a message. They call me back but I missed the call so I called them back and again I get the recording. I left another message and they called me back to schedule the interview. The first interview is a phone interview. All they do is go over questions straight from the application. It was so dull the interviewer sounded like a zombie. She told me it would take 30 to 45 minutes but it lasted a few minutes short of an hour. I figured that was good. She said I'd hear from them within the next 7 days. 4 days later I received a call from a different person in HR asking me if I was still interested in a position. I told him yes and we scheduled an in-person interview about a week later. The interview was with two people, the HR rep I had spoken to on the phone as well as the manager of the department I'd be working in. The bakery manager gave me a tour of the department and then the two of them took me upstairs into the cafe where they interviewed me. They asked me a lot of the same questions that were in the phone interview so it wasn't really TOO difficult. The interview lasted another hour. They asked if I had any questions and after that they said they would be back in a minute. I assumed that probably meant they were going to offer me a job and 10 minutes later they came back and offered me a job for the pay rate i had asked for. They said they are going to send me an email where I have to give them permission to do a background check before I'm actually hired but my background check will come back clean so I have no worries.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Mount Laurel, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

A week after I applied online, I got a call back and scheduled for a phone interview in about 2 weeks. I passed this round then I had in-person interview about 4 days after my phone interview. However I didn't get offer for this job. Both interviews had so many questions about customer service. They gave you situations and tell them what you would do. When I had in-person interview, everything went well and I thought I would get offer for this job. I guess someone else had more experiences than me.

Meat Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

It was a good interview. The manager was very concise about what he wanted from a worker. he wanted to know about my history as a worker and what I'd be willing to do when I start work. He seemed to like me as a person when he meet me.