Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.7

Pizza Maker Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Was super easy. Just bare with all the trick questions and bs your way through it and you will be fine. It was long and tedious but the offer after the fact was pretty solid.

Better opportunity elsewhere

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Applied and interviewed within a week got offered the job a couple days later. It was honestly one of the easiest interviews I've done. They were so nice and kind

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I did not have a good experience. Was basically asked to repeat the same information I gave online. I think honestly, for a job that pays less than $10 an hour out of the gate, it's a little ridiculous that the HR person cared so much about why you disliked/liked or left a job from six years ago. I've had interviews for professional positions that didn't want to drill so far into your past or care. I was excited to work here because of how great a company it is, but I think they need to keep your employment history to last three employers or the last five years and give HR less say in the process. I felt silly having to give up my history for the last 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone didn't listen and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Part-time Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Wilmington, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied from an online job site. This was for the opening of a new store 6 months from now. A few weeks later I received an email from Wegmans saying I would be having an interview with them. I called and scheduled a time 3 weeks in advance (their timeframe). I had the interview today. This was the first interview; hopefully they will ask me for a second interview, he said it would be in a few weeks, and they would let me know one way or the other. I think it went fairly well. It lasted about 20 minutes, and the questions were pretty straightforward, cut and dried. He took a lot of notes, wrote everything out.

Interview Questions

• He first asked me why I wanted to work at Wegmans. I said that I had seen great reviews of the company by employees online, and that I was interested in a certain position, but would consider others as well.   1 Answer
    • He asked me what new food or cooking thing I had tried recently.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in June 2015.

Interview

You first fill out an online application, then after 2-3 weeks, I received a call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is ~45 mins. A week after the phone interview, they scheduled an interview at the store. They called back after one week and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a group worker or an individual worker.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (North Wales, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

They called me a couple days after submitting my application and asked if I was interested in talking about my application. However, when I called they told me they would look over my submittions and my availability and that was all. I then received an email that I was not considered for any of the 4 positions. I believe from my best guess is because I either have no job experience or since I would be cutting down my days to only weekends for college after the summer.

Dairy Full Time Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in June 2015.

Interview

Fill out a app online 3days later set up a phone interview that lasted 1hr and 15 min then 4 days later called to set up a final interview 5 days later

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a call about a week after applying to set up an interview with a hiring manager the next day. Interviewer asked many questions about my availability and work history. Then proceeded into questions that aimed to "get to know me better" which basically meant asking me what I would do in different scenarios or about certain experiences I've had throughout my life. After the interview I was told I would receive a phone call if I got the job. Ended up getting a rejection email about 2 and a half weeks later.

Indirect Procurement Co-op- Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's Job zone site. I did a phone Interview followed by an in-person Interview. Eventually the co-op went to an undergraduate from the same school since am a foreign national and they felt I was overqualified as am a Graduate student.

Interview Questions

• Why this major? Why wegmans? What do you expect from this intern? Projects that you are working on as a research assistant? What is your biggest achievement?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I applied for a cashier position in 2008. I was interviewed twice on the same day by two different hiring managers. The interviewers were very professional and polite. After the interviews, I was hired and processed on the same day (documents, salary, etc). Nowadays it seems to be different process though (maybe slightly difficult?).