Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.8

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

I applied online, about three weeks later I received an e-mail to set up a phone interview. On the day of my scheduled phone interview, I spoke with someone from HR. She was just confirming the information on my application, and asked a few simple questions. I was told I'd be receiving a call to set up an in-person interview within the next week or two. After almost two weeks passed, I finally received a call to set up an interview with someone from HR and the pharmacy manager. Went to the interview, it was very relaxed. They confirmed my availability and application information again, asked some more questions -- some weren't pharmacy related, they had a couple questions food related. Since I had no previous work experience, the questions were more based on my academic performance (i.e. Was there ever a time you had a group project and one of the members wasn't contributing? How did you handle the situation?). I received a call the same day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are your short term and long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why work at a Wegmans pharmacy, why not another, more common, company?   Answer Question
    • If a customer were to ask you for a meal recommendation, how would you respond? What would you recommend?   Answer Question
    • Have you tried any new foods or recipes recently? If so, what was it? Did you enjoy it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Applied through school. 4 weeks later, got a call for a phone interview. Did phone interview. 2 weeks later invited for an on-site panel interview. It was me versus hiring manager, prospective supervisor, and general manager all in one room. Interview was not too tedius.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view of an excellent customer service? What is renewable energy are you most passionate about.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in March 2015.

The lady was cold/rude. It was a phone interview. Read directly from a script and appeared to have no real interest in me or what I could bring to the job. Asked a serious of questions, most which had nothing to do with the position I applied for. Seemed like they were just interviewing for fun.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer needed help finding a product in the meat market?   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in March 2015.

I had a 1 hour phone interview and was treated with respect and given time to answer the questions. It was a very detailed list of competency questions like; ' if this happened, what would you do and can you give me an example of when that has happened to you in a previous job?'

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what salary range I would require.   View Answer

Meat Customer Service Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

It was a good interview. The manager was very concise about what he wanted from a worker. he wanted to know about my history as a worker and what I'd be willing to do when I start work. He seemed to like me as a person when he meet me.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Applied online (mid-november)

Phone Interview (first week december)-basically an in-depth look at my resume and background with some questions to get an idea of what department I would fit in. Interviewer was friendly and sounded interested even though she was obviously taking a lot of notes.

First in person(mid december)-With 2 upper management (1 HR, 1 asst store manager) was a rehashing of the first interview but they asked more questions based on every past job position and wanted to get a feel for what I had done at each job and what I was comfortable with especially when it came to working with other people, handling food, giving suggestions to people about food and what to do with it.

Have heard many people were asked to do a 2nd in person but I guess I was lucky because the next call was the offer (end of december) which led to an in person interview to go over the position specifics and set me up for the background check/drug test etc...

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to determine departments you would like to work in if you apply open ended, I mentioned bakery and they asked if I could be available to work a shift starting at 3am!   Answer Question
    Initial offer was just full time customer service but when I met in person, they told me which department it would be and how much the hourly rate would be. After some early research, I knew what to expect and they offered me about $2 more an hour than I had expected so I quickly accepted. I then did the hair-cut drug test and a routine physical at a pre-determined clinic. They also ran a background check and although I have heard there are situations where leaving jobs out of your information will lead to a discussion and possible losing of an offer, I left out a few jobs (that lasted less than 1-2 months) when I filled out the forms and they were never brought up.

Cook I Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview process long and drawn out. For a 14 dollar an hour job you really job through a ton of hoops. Multiple interviews in different locations, a culinary test, than a physical with a hair drug test.

Huge paycut.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocean, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Ocean, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in February 2015.

I filled out an application online and received an email from them for me to call them to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview mostly focused on my last jobs. She repeatedly asked how many jobs I had within the last ten years. Then she proceeded to ask about those jobs. What I did and didn't like about each job. Then when we were done with that she asked about customer service and why would I want to work there. Then she asked again about my other jobs and did I have anymore jobs that I wanted to add. Seems like all she was focused on was my previous jobs. I felt so uncomfortable and the interview process was so unfriendly and cold. It's only for a part time stock position, so I didn't understand why they make it so hard and ask about 100 questions. Their interview process is horrible. I'm not speaking for anybody else, I'm speaking from my experience. I was set up for failure from beginning to end.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

I have had three interviews, questions were a little repetitive, time-consuming interviews. Questions covered past job experiences, handling difficult employees as well as difficult supervisors. Multiple questions on providing the best customer service experience, example of a company where you had a great customer experience.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a situation in which you dealt with a difficult supervisor, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

It was pretty simple, they asked me about myself, what i did after school and in my spare time. Most questions were customer service driven. After i passed the first interview i was told i had a second interview to be given the position.

Interview Questions
    • What other company offered excellent customer service like Wegmans   Answer Question