Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in August 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, many questions, they don't give anything towards if you are in the running or not. About 30 min interview and has two people in room. Would be terrific if you were given an inkling of hope before it ends...sigh

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Fairfax, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about three weeks. I applied online and a about two weeks later I got a call about scheduling a phone interview the next day. The interview took about 30 minutes and at the end they told me they would let me know in about a week via email or phone about either another interview in person or a rejection. About a week later I got a call to schedule a interview in person with a HR rep and a store manager. Both interviews went well and the interviewers were very polite and cooperative. About three hours after my interview in person they called me to offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• when is a time you showed great customer service what is customer service too you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Malvern, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews (phone and in-person) trying to screen for commitment to staying with the company and experience with or thoughts behind customer service. A family-owned company with a desire to keep up the family feel in the store. Most all questions asked were consistent with those submitted on this site, some repeated between interviews.

Interview Questions

• What does being a team player mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with a situation where there have been diverse opinions on a problem?   Answer Question

Dairy Customer Service Full Time Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Filled out app online a couple days later they called me to set up phone interview 4 days later then a few days later set up face to face interview with groceries merchandise and a asst manager a week later had interview then 4 days later called me for job offer each interview lasted about an hr very nice mainly same question and talk about your your app

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you. why should wegmans pick you   1 Answer

Part Time Sub Shop - Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Buffalo, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online after a friend of mine had recommended Wegmans as a great place to work. Exactly two weeks after I submitted my application, I received an email asking my availability to set up a phone interview. 4 days later, I had my phone interview. Basic questions mostly and some situational. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was told I would receive a call within the week if I was selected to proceed in the interview process. I was actually called later that same day to set up a second interview in-store. I was told when I arrived for my second interview that it would be conducted with 2 individuals from the department. I never felt rushed to answer and they both were very polite and friendly. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour. I was then given a tour of part of the store by the Sous Chef, which was cool. The same woman that conducted my phone interview called the next day to offer me a position. After my background check, I will be attending orientation!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time where you had to teach a friend or co-worker a new skill?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • How would you demonstrate excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer who is upset?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question you did not know the answer to?   Answer Question

A Few Part Time Jobs In the Store Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Ithaca, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was not the interview so much as the time it took to get one! The process was incredibly slow... almost two full months before I was contacted for a phone interview. I felt this was excessive for a part time grocery store job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly basic, why do you want to work here?, etc. My favorite question was what does good customer service look like to you?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and about one week later I received an email to set up a phone interview. There were a lot of applicants, so it took a while until they could set up an interview for a few a days later. They asked very simple questions about customer service and previous experience. They said they would call or email me in the next 5-7 days and I received a call 5 days later asking to set up an in-person interview. I'll update once I have finished that interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some new recipes or ingredients you have tried recently? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in July 2015.

Interview

I went in during the first day of open interviews. The first interview was about 30 minutes; basic questions and more specific ones as well. The person interviewing me felt like I would be a good fit and I was given the second interview the same day. The second interview was many more questions on situations and how I would respond. The second person who interviewed me said that I would either receive a rejection email within the next couple of weeks or a call saying I got the job. I received a job offer call the day after my interview. Very smooth, good atmosphere, nice people.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Hunt Valley, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online then I was surprised to get a call just an hour later to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview the next day. I was asked to go through each previous job and say when I worked there, what I liked most about it, what was the most challenging thing about it, and why I left the job. I was asked what it means to be a team player, why I applied to Wegmans, what food safety means, when was a time I have demonstrated high standards, what pay I was expecting, what company besides Wegmans had great customer service and why. It took 30 minutes, but it didn't feel that long. At the end of the phone interview she set up an in-person interview for the next day. It was with an "employee representative" and a front end manager. At this interview they asked me what job duties did I expect the cashier position to have, which of my past jobs was the least rewarding, what is your ideal work environment, how would I handle an upset customer, what I would do if the customer asked me something I didn't know the answer to, when is a situation where I had to work with a team to achieve something and how did you guys achieve it, when is a time I failed to communicate effectively, when is a time you had to teach someone a difficult skill, how would you deal with working with people from different backgrounds and perspectives (or when was a time that you had to??) .Some of these questions I listed are not the exact wording. I couldn't completely remember them but I wrote the general gist. The interview was probably about 20 minutes. They told me to wait outside the office and I waited for like 10 minutes then they had me come back in. They gave me a job offer and offered me a wage that was higher than I even said I was expecting. I took it. The next step was to go home and fill out all your information online so that they can do a background check. Then they contact you to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• when is a time you failed to communicate effectively   1 Answer
    • which of my past jobs was the least rewarding?   1 Answer

Pizza Maker Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Was super easy. Just bare with all the trick questions and bs your way through it and you will be fine. It was long and tedious but the offer after the fact was pretty solid.

Better opportunity elsewhere