Wegmans

137 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bakery Customer Service Interview

Bakery Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wegmans in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call the same day to set up a phone interview. Asked me a few unexpected questions, but he mostly just repeated the questions on the application and asked me about my resume. Took about fifteen to twenty minutes.

Interview Question – What's your favorite restaurant?   Answer Question

Pizza- Customer Service Interview

Pizza- Customer Service
Collegeville, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in July 2014.

Interview Details – 1st interview with hr pretty easy had a cheat cheat right infront of me 2st interview with store manager he loved me like ask me easy questions about other open positions and if id be interested and what I was do in certain situations with customers in my pasted. 3rd interview my manager for my position I applyed for, she and were not super friendly asked a lot of hard questions. And smiled a lot. I got the call a few hr after and was hired

Interview Question – What would you do if you had an issue and there was no one around and there was no guidelines on how to fix the problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None they offered me 11.20 starting

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

Interviewed at Wegmans

Interview Details – There first was a phone interview with a recruiter and then there were multiple in person interviews. I had a total of up to four as I was to be introduced to various managers in the communities.

Interview Question – questions regarding teamwork and recent recipes   Answer Question

Maintenance Coordinator Interview

Maintenance Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – Posting for the job was easy but that's because I was basically handed the position. Similar positions require a 2 page application, approval by your department manager, and excellent work history. The interview, again, was simple because of my position. For other positions I interviewed for they were very difficult. They require specific examples of situations rather than hypothetics, and if you don't have a specific example that would definitely hinder your chances to get the job. Interviews are typically conducted by 1-3 individuals, an HR rep, an area manager, and/or store manager.

Interview Question – "If you were to add a department to Wegmans, what would it be and why?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Montgomeryville, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Wegmans in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews. The first was with a recruiter and the second was with the front end manager. I was going to be a cashier and thought it went well. Questions were fairly simple. One interview was one day and the second was the following morning. Took about a week or two until I heard back.

Interview Question – Can you name our 5 'Who We Are' values and pick the one that most represents you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiations. They offered what I asked during the interview.

Prepared Foods Customer Service Interview

Prepared Foods Customer Service
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – Serveral interviews- phone, with HR rep, with dept manager
Very detailed to make sure you have the right personality for the company
Company has high standards and they are looking for this in the interview, also that you can work well with others and catch on quickly
If you are looking for a specific position, a strong skilled background is important and can likely help you move forward quickly

Interview Question – Most questions are on your personal likes and dislikes or how you get along with others   Answer Question

Dishwasher In Prepared Foods Interview

Dishwasher In Prepared Foods
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wegmans in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for a job at the East Avenue location the day the job listing was posted, which was a Wednesday evening. I initially found the posting on indeed while seeking employment at various places. I was very excited when I received an email two days later, on Friday, from the Human Resources Department stating that they would like to include me in the interview process and that I should contact one of their representatives by either email or calling the store directly. I responded that night with an email thanking them for the opportunity, giving my availability and asking when the best time to schedule my interview would be.

I was extremely happy as Wegmans is a company I respect greatly, in fact it's probably one of my favorites. I immediately began to research as much as I could about the company and their interview process, but I did not hear back from them until the next Tuesday. The reply from HR I received was short, but to the point. They told me they "wanted to schedule a PHONE interview" and listed three times I could choose from. Interpret the tone of that email however you wish...

At that point I scheduled my interview for the following day and (continued) to study as much as I could about the types of questions they were going to ask. I spent several days straight doing nothing but trying to get prepared for the interview, even disregarding class activities (I was in high school at the time) to look up scenarios and potential questions on my smartphone.

The day the interview came I was nervous, but felt I had prepared enough. The woman who called me was very polite and seemed welcoming. She began the interview by simply going over the application I sent them online, just making sure that everything was accurate. After this basic overview, she moved on to a few questions about my work history, of which I had none. She then moved on to school and future educational plans.

Once we were finished with that part, she began to ask me some tougher, or maybe I should say more in depth questions, such as...

"Why should I hire you?"

"How would you deal with an angry customer?"

"Are there any departments other than the one that you applied for that you would NOT want to work for? Why?"

"What is your expected salary? A set dollar amount?"

"Explain what diversity means to you."

"Name three qualities a former employer or teacher would use to describe you."

"Name a company that you think displays excellent customer service, other than Wegmans?"

"Describe a time you were part of a team. What was your contribution?"

Many of these I was prepared for, but several others tripped me up as I had not seen them online. I gave my best, honest answer to every single one of them, hoping to redeem myself, but I could tell by the tone of her voice that she wasn't liking what I was telling her. The response I was getting to my answers went from "great" and "perfect" to simply "okay" by the end of the interview process. I asked her a few questions at the end and she finished off by giving me the dreaded "thanks, but no thanks" statement. She told me... "The interview process is now over. Now we are looking at a few more candidates, but hopefully you'll hear back from us within a week or so. Thank you."

I pretty much immediately counted this one as a loss and began looking elsewhere for employment. My intuition was justified when exactly a week later I received an email from HR saying that they appreciated my time and interest, but that they would no longer be considering my application.

Overall my experience was mostly positive. There were a few communication issues at the beginning of the process, but the interview was very professional. I regret that they chose someone else over me, but I respect that decision as I probably did not sell myself as well as I should have. Those of you who are considering Wegmans, I say go for it. They are a great company and I think their reputation speaks for itself, just be prepared for a very thorough process that could pull many surprises and will have many detailed steps.

Interview Question – "If I were to call your Math teacher, what would he/she say about your work ethic?"   View Answer

Deli Customer Service Interview

Deli Customer Service
Elmira, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – I submitted an application and resume to their online site and got a call within a couple days for a telephone interview. At the end of that interview, I scheduled an appointment for an in-person interview later that week. I ended up also having an interview with my then future supervisor for the position I was applying for. I got a job offer a few days later. However, it took almost a month for me to finally start working because the head office (Rochester, NY) was really back-logged on processing background checks. It was definitely worth the wait, though.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a disagreement with a past boss and how you handled it and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
  • If you saw a fellow employee stealing how would you handle it? Would you talk to them one-on-one, report it to your supervisor, to the store manager, or someone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Team Leader Cash Office Interview

Team Leader Cash Office
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Wegmans in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process took 4 months of my life. Interview after interview, each time having to wait 4 weeks until hearing anything. I nailed every interview. Did tons of research and had all the right answers. Teamwork, availability, working late and early, problem solving. All the while smiling and being as personable as hell.
Started with a 45 minute phone interview, then an interview with 2 people, and finally another 1 hour and 15 minute interview with HR and some other woman.
They were all smiles and gave me every reason to think I had it made. Then after 4 more weeks of waiting, I get a two line email saying I am not a good fit. Talk about insulting.
I will never patronize their store. No place has the right to string someone along that long to only dump them.

Interview Question – Questions were as expected, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Produce Team Member Interview

Produce Team Member
Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Wegmans in February 2014.

Interview Details – The entire thing took 5 months!! Yes, you read that right 5 months. I didn’t know the store was slated to be open in 5 months until the woman on the phone told me. I was shocked. I was really looking for a job and the supermarket scene was my thing. Especially in produce. I have SIX YEARS of produce/supermarket experience and with a degree.

Honestly, I do like working in produce. Being a part of a team, getting to know people/customers, and knowing that if you work hard enough you’ll rise through the ranks – said the young applicant to the interviewer. So after taking the MBTA all the way to Eliot, walking on the highway (during rush hour), and arriving to some business park for a one-on-one interview – after waiting 5 months – I get a rejection letter in my email.

Look I know these interviews are all about smiling and being all “uppity” and what not especially in the supermarket industry – Kid, six years! But, I did smile and had the uppity thing down. Another notch or two and I had to turn in my MAN CARD –

WHAT A JOKE!!

Interview Question – The questions were easy. I expected everything – Teamwork, leadership, work ethic, supervision, sacrifice, hours, customers – I nailed them all. And I still didn’t get an offer?

Look, just be careful for their tricky questions. This is after all a BILLION DOLLAR company. They don’t care – it’s all about the customers and the bottom line. Mostly the bottom line.
  View Answer

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!