Wegmans

2.7

Entry Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Wegmans.

i had a phone interview which actually occurred about 4 minutes before the scheduled time. So heads up as they might just call a few minutes early. Not sure if this was on purpose or not but be advised nevertheless. The young lady asking the questions had my resume ready as she asked me the questions so do the same. She asked me why i added a company. It was in same line of insurance business that i had left so she accepted that line of reasoning. I was my usual funny and crarming self so i suggest being friendly and a bit funny if you can pull it off. she appreciated that and it showed my silly side which in retail comes in handy. questions are standard that you can google. i got a call one week later for a personal interview which is scheduled for this month. easy do. just be natural, don't force it. she types answers as you respond so be clear and concise so she can be exacting and capture all the goodness. good luck,

Cashier/Helping Hands Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsford, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans in December 2014.

10-15mins the HR called me and asked some simply questions availability, transportation, general information about the position, and some off the wall question which lead to talking about cheesecake.. She then went on saying that someone from the front in would call in a couple days.. Currently waiting for the call.

Customer Service Part-Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wegmans in December 2014.

After applying, an HR representative sent me an e-mail requesting a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I scheduled a time for an in-person interview. I then interviewed in person.

The environment was very friendly. Everyone involved seemed to take a personal interest in finding the job that's right for me. It also helps that the store I interviewed in has a good atmosphere to start.

Stocker Interview

Slow and ineffectual, kind of like this process. This is really counter-productive, and yet you STILL make people jump through these hoops just to get some basic info on companies. I know nothing is free, but come on. Step your game up. Provide something more and ask me fewer than 50 questions on what is, let's face it, some pretty inconsequential stuff when we're talking about a stocking position.

Not enough stacking

Pizza Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans in November 2014.

Filled out online application. Received a phone call the next day. Then scheduled a phone screen. Two days later got a call for an in person interview. Got a call the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about an ingredient that I had recently been introduced to that posed a challenge to me.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation but based upon my current hourly rate and the option of benefits, I feel that Wegmans was very fair in their offer.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Wegmans.

I applied online and was give a call by a lovely HR lady in couple of days to schedule phone interview. That went very well. You just need to be open, cheerful, don't pause for too long and elaborate on your answers. Few days later I was called for in person interview. Two HRs I spoketo were amazingly pleasant people. Simple open ended questions "how you dealt with difficult customers", "how would yo ex-manager describe you", "tell me about time you had conflicts with coworkers". Smile, be outgoing, make couple of jokes, thank them for giving you a chance. Just be overall NICE and CONFIDENT. Make a point how you always wanted to be in pharmacy business and stress it (this is very true for me). Make sure to ask THEM questions, I think if you don't have any, it shows your lack of interest. I WANT to wok there very very much, so I had tons. 3 days later I got a call - I am hired.
    I want to note that I have no college education, certification or pharmacy work experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses, the ever favorite.   View Answer

Store Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wegmans in October 2014.

Met with the Store Manager, Assistant Manager and HR Manager; took about an hour. Started with the physical and schedule requirements then moved on to the situational questions. Examples: What do you find most frustrating about managing people? Describe a situation where you used your strengths to make a change. Describe a time that you made an exception for a guest and then it became a rule. Describe a time that you had to think on your feet with out the proper resources to deal with a situation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans.

About a week after submitting my application online, I received an email asking for a phone interview. My phone interview went pretty well in my opinion, and the questions I was asked were the same questions other people applying for this position were asked. I was prepared for all of them because I did my research online and prepared my answers. I sent a thank you email and a few days later the lady called me back asking me to clarify my availability, so I gave her my school schedule (I'm in college) and told her when I could work. She said that working around my schedule would be no problem and gave me the impression that I had a good chance of getting hired. She told me that I would hear back within a week, but after over two weeks passed I received an email saying that I was not getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were expected because I researched what they would ask   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA

Have work at wegmans before am willing to work there again am very willing to go out of my way for customer will work up to 12 hrs in one day to help out if needed willing to be there bright & early willing to start 1 hr early will be there early & presentable

Interview Questions
    • Am able to work register with no problems will go & do other depts   View Answer

Bakery Customer Service - Create-a-cake Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wegmans in September 2014.

Applied online to a few different stores and got a call back a few days later to set up a phone interview for the next day. The HR rep called exactly when she said she would and we started the interview. We went over everything that was in the application first, like avalibility and yes and no questions. Then she asked a few interview questions like "What does outstanding customer service mean to you?", "What is a new product you have discovered lately that interests you and why?", " What is your favorite restaurant and food?". Then we went through every job I have had... She wanted to know what the job consisted of, why I left, and what I liked and disliked about the job. Also, she asked about a time where I was unemployed for a few months. She asked which stores i am interested in working at, and she noticed there was a Create-a-cake position available in the store that is my first preference so she asked if i was interested in that. Once the questions were done we set up an in person interview for that store and position.

The 2nd interview was the hardest I think because it was just questions and me answering. She gave no feedback and showed no reactions so that made me more nervous. It was about 10 questions, maybe a little more. Questions from the phone interview were repeated though, which was nice. She said I'd hear back in a week or two.

1 week later I got a call to set up the final interview. The final interview was with a different hr person and the bakery manager. Some questions were repeated again. Maybe 10 questions asked between the two. The atmosphere was much more relaxed which helped me feel more comfortable with my answers. Questions were pretty easy... Asked about food safety, asked about knives (they wanted to know if I knew how to chop.. Dice.. Etc), they asked about my previous jobs briefly. They said they had more interviews that day and the next, and I should hear back Monday.

Heard back the next day and was offered the job at $9.25 starting, with raises twice a year. They have to do a background check which will take 5-6 days.