Wegmans

117 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Overnight Grocery Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in April 2013.

Interview Details – Questions on how much you can lift, decision making, about last job.

Interview Question – It was not most the questions had to do with my old job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – $11.60 to start.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Wegmans in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in mid November. Got a call for a phone interview in late December. Phone interview took place in mid January. Interview 2 (I think it was in person) took place in February. Interview 3 (in person) took place in March. I was officially hired at the end of March and began working in mid April. About 5 months from the date I submitted my application to the date I began working. Quite an extensive interview process that was very drawn out, with several weeks in between each step. However, Wegmans is known as a competitive part-time job, so this probably was not too far out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – The questions like: "Describe a time when you helped someone." "Describe a time when you were a part of a team." "Describe a time when you failed." As this was my first real interview, I had never experienced these questions before and I had to come up with on the spot answers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation, but I didn't really try to negotiate. I told them I expected a fair wage, and they said they typically offered new cashiers (in high school, I would assume) minimum wage. I said, that is fine.

Very Easy Interview

Deli Customer Service Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wegmans in July 2011.

Interview Details – The people during the interview were amazing and friendly. I met with two people. Once was the supervisor of the whole perishable department and the other was the manager or the deli. The interview was like meeting up with good friends and it was really fun.

Interview Question – The questions were really easy and I was asked about my career goals and I was told how the company could help with reaching my goals. I love them!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was great off the top and I was told that we would get a raise every 6 months. GREAT!

Network Support Intern Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – No technical questions for a technical job. Was turned down due to not having specific technical skills when wasn't asked once about what technical skills I possessed.

Interview Question – Personality based questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process took about month. I had phone interview which was easy but the interviewer was a little rude. I was expecting to get the job offer within a week got a email declining me.

Dairy Customer Service Interview

Dairy Customer Service
Germantown, MD

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Wegmans in April 2013.

Interview Details – i got phone interview then second and third interview in person then offer me position .

Interview Question – lot questions in interview and i answer all them questions...... it diffcult questions but i make it through it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they offer me offical position and i accept a job offer.

Front End Customer Service Interview

Front End Customer Service
Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – The hiring process is a very long and drawn out process. You will have 3 interviews, one by phone, 1 with HR rep, and 1 with the coordinator for your position. They ask you a lot of repetitive questions that you typically get in normal interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me another time that you helped be a team player?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wegmans.

Interview Details – After filling out the application online, I was called by HR and asked to come in for an interview. I was told to wear something business casual and I did. I went to the first interview and was asked questions like "what is your previous experience, why did you apply for this position? If hired what would you like to be paid? Are there any restrictions - medically? What is your availability?" and then came the odd questions, I wasn't expecting. Ones about an entirely different part of the store.I quickly mentioned that I had a problem with my back and wasn't supposed to do much lifting/carrying in general. She said it was fine and continued to ask me questions about cooking and if I was interested in a culinary career and how long I saw myself with the company if I was hired. She wrote most of it down. This part took about 20 minutes. She asked me to come back another day to interview with another woman. We scheduled it and a few days later I came back.
This interview was basically the same as the first one. Only all of these questions were directed towards an area I hadn't applied for and I once again mentioned my back problem and she said it was fine. Well she took the sheet back to a table and then said that I had to speak to one more person. The third person offered me a job - he made it sound like I had a choice, but honestly and keep in mind - you don't actually have a choice. They will decide where you are a best fit and give you that position. Well I accepted it hoping I would be able to transfer later on. He informed me that I would need to go through a background check and I said it was fine, no problem. One week later I got a call back and said that I was clear and I would have to schedule a date to come to orientation.
At orientation they gave us some snacks, water, a bag, and two shirts with a temporary name tag. Since it was before the opening of a new store we were in a different building.
We were paid for orientation (about 4 hours) and did get a fifteen minute break to walk around enjoy our snacks and make a phone call if needed. After orientation they informed us that we were going to be training at different stores. I figures since Warrington was closest to me, I'd be going there. NOPE. I had to wake up at 3 am to get to work at 8 am - before the area I as training in even opened. I trained a month and a half before grand opening. During the Grand Opening there were people from other stores there trying to tell me that the area I lived in would bring in people from Merck...even though Merck was 20 minutes away.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you (for the position you didn't want)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was pretty easy. I was told the position, expectations, and what my hourly pay would be. I was asked if I needed a day or two to think about it and I said no, it's fine.

Bakery Department Interview

Burke, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wegmans in February 2014.

Interview Details – After completing the online application, I received an email the next day asking me to call someone at the store to schedule a phone interview. I called the number and scheduled my interview for the following week. Then, a few days later, I received another phone call from the same person asking me to schedule an interview. I guess the HR person got confused, which happens.

Nobody called me at my scheduled interview time, so I called the interviewer myself 15 minutes later, knowing there had been some confusion. She was apologetic and understanding, and was able to do the interview with me on the phone then.

The phone interview was ~45 minutes long, but it covered my work history for the last 10 years, so it might be considerably shorter, depending on your personal work history.

The interview began with reiterating hiring questions that had been filled out on the application -- age, ability to work in the U.S., etc. The interviewer then asked about my interest in the company and the specific job and what skills I brought to the table and what hours and days I could work. We then talked about each of the jobs I had over the last 10 years, the dates I worked, the job description, what I liked most and least. She then had me run through a few behavioral questions having to do mainly with how I relate to coworkers or customers and what I would do in situations where there was a decision I disagreed with or dealing with an angry customer. The interview concluded with some discussion about legal matters, any other qualifications I had that I wanted to address, and what would happen next. Basically, the phone interview was a detailed conversation going over the questions one submits in an application.

Interview Question – Name a product (from any store, not just Wegmans) that you are excited about and why.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Asbury Park, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited via email to interview and when I responded via email, I never heard back. I actually received an email saying I was no longer being considered. So I called and asked why? Turned out my email went to spam and they thought I had never responded. Long story short, they were super apologetic and got me right in for a phone interview which was very easy. From there I was invited to an in-person interview with the manager and a manager in training. It was very relaxed and they asked the typical questions. They told me I'd hear within 5 days and I did. They offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name a new dish or ingredient you've tried recently that you would recommend to a customer.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had to handle a situation in which there were no set guidelines or protocol to follow.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wegmans

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wegmans interview questions and advice. All 117 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wegmans employees and interview candidates.