Wegmans Interview Questions

2.7

Sushi Bar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wegmans in May 2012.

They called me in and I believe it was a bulk interview day since they had a few other people waiting to be interviewed.
    When I was called in, I was interviewed by an HR representative, the sushi bar team leader, and the head chef of the kitchen.
    I was asked basic questions about myself, school, work ethic, how other people describe me, why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions, looking into the company's practices does help.   View Answer
    Since it was my first job I accepted $9.20 an hour. By the time I had worked there a year I was getting paid $10 an hour. They called me and told me I would work in the Coffee Shop until being moved to Sushi. I was never moved to Sushi. I helped occasionally later in the year but never worked in the sushi bar consecutively.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nazareth, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA

Have work at wegmans before am willing to work there again am very willing to go out of my way for customer will work up to 12 hrs in one day to help out if needed willing to be there bright & early willing to start 1 hr early will be there early & presentable

Interview Questions
    • Am able to work register with no problems will go & do other depts   View Answer

Customer Service - Prepared Foods Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Wegmans in August 2014.

2 interviews before being offered a position in prepared foods; actually, the first was a phone interview to verify my availability and customer service types of questions regarding a cashier position; in a day or two, I received an appt. For an in-person interview the following week. The in-person interview was thorough and focused on my availability, customer service experience and culinary skills. I was appreciative of the fact that as I admitted my culinary skills were rudimentary, the interviewers skipped over the remainder of the culinary skill questions. I also appreciated the overall friendliness of the HR manager's asst. and the Prepared Foods Manager. This really helped me be more at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your knife skills and knowledge.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Pay rate of $9.35/hour with periodic raises explained.

Intern Interview

excellent communication, very friendly atmosphere. Also it was a very nice location outside the city limits. All management is very friendly and accommodating to changes in schedule. Alot of benefits such as a restaurant on site.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions would very simple and easily responded too.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wegmans in July 2014.

I applied at Wegmans and the process took about 1+ weeks. I applied online and got a call from a hr rep about 2 days after I applied. We set up a phone interview. When she called for the phone interview the questions were pretty simple. She asked me about my availability and usual interview questions. The next day she called back and we set up a in person interview which i'm now waiting on.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in March 2014.

While the interview process was as arduous and challenging as you will find for just about any retail job, the human resource reps at Wegmans are very kind and caring. You need to go through a phone interview with an employee rep, followed by a live interview with another employee rep, and finally a live interview with your department manager before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • At Wegmans,we are food enthusiasts. Tell us what your favorite food is.   View Answer

Bakery Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wegmans in June 2014.

Applied online, got a call the same day to set up a phone interview. Asked me a few unexpected questions, but he mostly just repeated the questions on the application and asked me about my resume. Took about fifteen to twenty minutes.

Pizza- Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in July 2014.

1st interview with hr pretty easy had a cheat cheat right infront of me 2st interview with store manager he loved me like ask me easy questions about other open positions and if id be interested and what I was do in certain situations with customers in my pasted. 3rd interview my manager for my position I applyed for, she and were not super friendly asked a lot of hard questions. And smiled a lot. I got the call a few hr after and was hired

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had an issue and there was no one around and there was no guidelines on how to fix the problem?   View Answer
    None they offered me 11.20 starting

Front End Cashier Interview

There first was a phone interview with a recruiter and then there were multiple in person interviews. I had a total of up to four as I was to be introduced to various managers in the communities.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomeryville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomeryville, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Wegmans in June 2013.

I had 2 interviews. The first was with a recruiter and the second was with the front end manager. I was going to be a cashier and thought it went well. Questions were fairly simple. One interview was one day and the second was the following morning. Took about a week or two until I heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name our 5 'Who We Are' values and pick the one that most represents you?   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiations. They offered what I asked during the interview.

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!