Wegmans

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got called into the store for an interview and the Hiring Manager was very nice and bubbly which helped me feel completely at ease. She began by explaining the different positions available to me, I chose Pharmacist Technician, and went over basic questions such as availability and simple background check questions. I was actually given two interviews, one which was more vague and was supposed to be a phone interview. The actually 1:1 interview was quite repetitive but still very easy. Many situation questions were asked, nothing that involved a lot of thought. After the interview was done she told me I would receive a phone call detailing another interview with the managers of the pharmacy department. I was also told that I would be in training for 6 months to become certified.

Interview Questions

West Windsor, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was called and scheduled a phone interview for 2 days later. Had phone interview and then was called for a 1:1 interview about 3 days later. Met with HR person. Sample questions were: "Describe a time when you had an interaction with a angry customer" "What are your strengths?" "How would your boss describe your work?" More questions about how you dealt in a retail setting, very open ended. Asked if I had any questions and the questions I asked of the HR person were answered to my satisifaction. was a good interview, I hope all my interviews go like this one did. Wegmans seems like a good employer to work for.

Interview Question – How did you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had to apply online. Was contacted by phone by a Wegman's HR employee to set up interview time. Had to wait 15 extra minutes even though showed up on time. Had the interview in the cafe area of store, no privacy. Was asked duplicate questions of what was already on application and my resume. They seemed concerned that I didn't have a completely open availability for work hours. The interviewer was very stilted and was obviously reading the questions from a script. Was told I would be contacted by email if a second interview was required. Waited 3 weeks and finally received an email stating that the position was filled by another candidate. I was suprised that my interview was dissapointing because the employees at the store (where I shop) are very friendly and helpful. I got the feeling that the interviewer was not interested in me as a person at all.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wegmans in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online after seeing the job listed on some website (I don't remember which one, maybe Monster.com?) and within 24 hours I got an email from HR telling me they'd like to schedule a phone interview. Within 3-4 days I completed the phone interview (it took about 15 minutes) and was immediately told that they'd like me to come in for a face to face interview. I met with the same HR woman that did my phone interview 3-5 days later. The face to face interview took 30-40 minutes and asked very similar questions to the phone interview (strengths, weakness, why are you interested in this job, what does diversity mean to you, how does a clean environment effect your job, etc.) along with 1-2 situational customer service questions and 2-3 situational co-worker questions. They told me I'd hear back from them within the week but it really took closer to two weeks (which they then apologized for not getting back to me sooner). I got called in for another interview, this time with the store manager and a department manager, that took a little over an hour. There were a couple of repeat questions but I was mostly asked about my past experience, scheduling questions and lots of situational pharmacy questions (maybe 15-20?).

In the earlier stages of the interview process, it was pretty easy (as it often is) to know what the "right" answer to the questions and let's face it, there are indeed right answers. But my final interview had a lot of questions that were legitimately open answer questions that were asked to evaluate not only the answer give but the personality and character of the person being interviewed (in this case, me). I actually enjoyed my final interview (only a little) because it gave me an opportunity to really showcase myself in terms of offering examples of how I've handled various situations in previous jobs, as well as being able to ask questions about the department that I was previously unable to have answered.

After the interview, they told me it would be another week or so before I heard from them and true to their word, I got an email from HR about a week later offering me the position. I had to attend a new employee orientation and complete specific department training (which took about two days) before I actually started working in the department.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question
  • How does cleanliness effect job performance?   Answer Question
  • What does great customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
  • How would you balance providing great customer service while at the same time complying with all state and federal regulations (i.e. HIPPA)?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wegmans

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wegmans Pharmacy Technician interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wegmans employees and interview candidates.