Wei Laboratories, Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Account Manager Interview

Associate Account Manager
Santa Clarita, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview consists of speaking with several members of the sales team. Furthermore, there is a typing test that is largely useless because your typing speed is not relevant to your job function. Lastly there is a skill test that involves one of their protocols for a specific condition. You are given 15 minutes to read the protocol and memorize as much as possible. Afterwards, someone will ask you several questions about the protocol.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in traditional Chinese medicine?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After interviewing for the consulting position, the CEO told me that I should work in Sales instead. There is no negotiation on your pay or benefits.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc..

Interview Details – Overall the process was very easy and very unprofessional. Whole process took several weeks. They called me in for 3 rounds. The first round was a 5 - 10 minute conversation with the president, the second round a short conversation with the CEO and the last round was meeting every single employee.... No hard questions asked, seemed like they just wanted to see if you'd get along with everyone in the office. However, the third round was painful as it took 3-4 hours.

Get ready to talk about yourself and to have a lot of patience.

Interview Question – None really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is set. No negotiation possible

Account Manager
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with everyone on the team including CEO and COO

Interview Question – What is your 5 year career plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Account Manager

I interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – -initial process consisted of two interviews
first interview was with one of the owners, who are husband and wife. The wife seems to deal with the human resources-related duties, and I interviewed with her on the first session. It was more of a conversation about the company, their past, present, and future goals and achievements; highlighting their history, background, and "About" stuff. Almost really informal and casual setting.
Second Interview:
I interviewed for 3.5 hours with EVERY SINGLE one of their current employees. There was no structure, and it was up to each employee to ask whatever they wanted. I think it was more of a compatibility and for each employee to give an evaluation on you based off of your answers/ personality/ appearance. I basically answered some standard questions determined by the employee, such as "name three strengths and weaknesses", "why are you fit for the job", typical textbook stuff. Together, that was mixed in with some casual conversational stuff about my background and experiences. Really unstructured and unorganized if you ask me.

Overall, really long and unexpected interview which did not accomplish much, other than evaluating me as a person really. As long as you can get along with everyone and answer their typical interview questions well enough, it would be a brief, although really long.

Interview Question – what are your three weaknesses and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very unclear and undefined, and I was honestly quite unsure until I started. Even then, it seemed like they were trying to exploit me into lower pay with "possibilities" of making more with commission.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Consultant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very focused on sales. Make thousands of calls for business development purposes.

Interview Question – Describe your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wei Laboratories, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wei Laboratories, Inc. interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wei Laboratories, Inc. employees and interview candidates.