Wei Laboratories, Inc.

Wei Laboratories, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wei Laboratories, Inc.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc..

Since Wei Labs is such a small company (around 20) people, the head of company gave me the interview. However, my first impression of the place was that it was run by temporary and recently out of college kids. The office has a certain gloom aspect to it.

When Wei interviewed me, he was more interested in my background and my accent rather than my experience. Wei was really friendly though I was surprise to see him to fascinated with my background (I have traveled a bit). He didn't give me typical interview questions, but more detail elaboration of things I have did.

It wasn't a good fit for me especially culture wise

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in June 2014.

Dr. Wei seemed overall very nice and professional. Throughout the whole interview he seemed to talk a lot more than I did. He just asked me basic questions about my resume and I talked about myself for a couple minutes. After that, I asked him what the position entailed and he went on for about 20 minutes about every single thing his company did. I still didn't understand what the job really was until I asked again exactly what I would be doing. I finally realized it was a sales job I was interviewing for. I was offered another interview but declined it since the job just wasn't was I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • it was pretty straightforward, there weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question

I didn't realize it was a sales position when I applied.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online; got contacted the next day by the CEO. I spoke first with the CEO and his wife, took a typing test and was given a reading comprehension test. Process took one day. Spoke with EVERYONE at the office.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, just your average interview questions. All of the interviewers did ask "how do you feel about being on the phone all day?" and "how do you deal with rejection over the phone?"   Answer Question

Job was not what it was advertised to be. You basically call doctor's offices and try to sell them Wei's products. I spoke to all the employees there in my interview and even they said that they all have different job titles, but have the same job: sell products. One even said that the job was just a good stepping stone to get other jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc..

Overall the process was very easy and very unprofessional. Whole process took several weeks. They called me in for 3 rounds. The first round was a 5 - 10 minute conversation with the president, the second round a short conversation with the CEO and the last round was meeting every single employee.... No hard questions asked, seemed like they just wanted to see if you'd get along with everyone in the office. However, the third round was painful as it took 3-4 hours.

Get ready to talk about yourself and to have a lot of patience.

Interview Questions
    Salary is set. No negotiation possible

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in July 2012.

The interview consists of speaking with several members of the sales team. Furthermore, there is a typing test that is largely useless because your typing speed is not relevant to your job function. Lastly there is a skill test that involves one of their protocols for a specific condition. You are given 15 minutes to read the protocol and memorize as much as possible. Afterwards, someone will ask you several questions about the protocol.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in traditional Chinese medicine?   Answer Question
    After interviewing for the consulting position, the CEO told me that I should work in Sales instead. There is no negotiation on your pay or benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in August 2011.

Interview with everyone on the team including CEO and COO

No negotiating

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc..

I applied through my school's career website. I got an e-mail from the CEO a day later asking me to come in. I should have known when all the e-mail said was "can you come in for interview". I wanted to die when I had my interview. Not only did the CEO fart in front of me (yes, he did), he would not stop rambling about how I was going to make $100K a year. Worst part is - he offered me the job on the spot that day. I should have ran.

After that "interview", I had a second interview with the CEO's wife. She was nice and asked a bit more professional questions. Why are you interested in working in the healthcare industry, in particular natural products?

Shortly after that, I had to take a typing test and then a reading test where they ask questions based upon a case.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question asked and this did not seem like a typical interview. One unexpected question: Are you Asian?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

interviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in May 2012.

-initial process consisted of two interviews
    first interview was with one of the owners, who are husband and wife. The wife seems to deal with the human resources-related duties, and I interviewed with her on the first session. It was more of a conversation about the company, their past, present, and future goals and achievements; highlighting their history, background, and "About" stuff. Almost really informal and casual setting.
    Second Interview:
    I interviewed for 3.5 hours with EVERY SINGLE one of their current employees. There was no structure, and it was up to each employee to ask whatever they wanted. I think it was more of a compatibility and for each employee to give an evaluation on you based off of your answers/ personality/ appearance. I basically answered some standard questions determined by the employee, such as "name three strengths and weaknesses", "why are you fit for the job", typical textbook stuff. Together, that was mixed in with some casual conversational stuff about my background and experiences. Really unstructured and unorganized if you ask me.

Overall, really long and unexpected interview which did not accomplish much, other than evaluating me as a person really. As long as you can get along with everyone and answer their typical interview questions well enough, it would be a brief, although really long.

Interview Questions
    • what are your three weaknesses and why?   View Answer
    It was very unclear and undefined, and I was honestly quite unsure until I started. Even then, it seemed like they were trying to exploit me into lower pay with "possibilities" of making more with commission.

Associate Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wei Laboratories, Inc. in November 2010.

Very focused on sales. Make thousands of calls for business development purposes.