Weichert Realtors

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Mc Lean, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by someone from HR department (NJ headquarter) in September 2013. He has been found my resume on Indeed, saw some experience in Real Estate in another country and proposed me to talk to a Managing Broker from my area about a Sales Associate opportunity. I was transferred immediately by phone to a Branch Manager and after that to a Sales Manager who asked me for a face to face meeting after 2-3 days. After a short review of my resume the Sales Manager told me than I'm exactly what they want and scheduled me for 60 hours pre-licensing classes for October - November 2013 for only $99.

I started to work full-time in January, but I don't received any support from nobody, but I have: office fees; leads fee (for clients received from call center); a mentor fee; post-licensing education (mandatory); overhead in NJ; advertising to generate business; membership in 3 professional organisations; errors & omission insurance; MLS access; SentriCard & SentriLocks etc.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. They try t convince you to work for them; hiring every day because don't have to pay nothing, only 50% of commission from clients that you bring them from your network and 15% from clients received from their call center. Sales associates must do all work and must pay all expenses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negociation.

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Recruiting Specialist
Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter for the initial phone screen. The next step was a webcam interview with the recruiter and his director where they explained the position and asked about my experience. The final step was an in-person interview where I met with a field recruiter who asked me some fairly generic interview questions.

Interview Question – What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Concord, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in February 2011.

Interview Details – Direct hiring with the owner of the company.

Interview Question – Are you willing to market yourself daily?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Relocated but if I had stayed I would have accepted the opportunity.

Realtor

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in July 2013.

Interview Details – More like a presentation than an interview

Interview Question – Nothing really   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Nutley, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in November 2010.

Interview Details – Easy talk to managers and they go over process

Negotiation Details – Commission splits and mentor fees and office fee

Real Estate Agent Interview

Real Estate Agent
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite informative and the office manger did a good job of promoting the company and it's systems. While the marketing and sales support materials were first-rate, the manager was not totally forthcoming about all aspects of compensation. She made much of Weichert's lead generation system, which does seem quite sophisticated, but neglected to mention that the agency charges a 35% referral fee for every closing from leads generated by the system. This greatly reduces the agent's commission on every such lead and severely undermines the value of the system to the agents. Although I was enthusiastic about this aspect of the company during the interview, finding out about the referral fee completely undermined its value as an incentive to join the company as an agent

Interview Question – The interviewer did not ask any particularly difficult or unexpected questions. In fact, she told me that in my spontaneous conversation I had answered virtually all of the questions she was planning to ask. The only specific question she asked was how much I expected to earn after 2 years with the company   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The starting broker split (50/50) was significantly lower than that offered by most other agencies with whom I interviewed (typically 70/30); the franchise fee was higher (8% compared to 6% with other franchise brokers), and the excessive 35% referral fee for company generated leads completely undermined one of the centerpieces of their pitch to prospective employees. With the lower commission split and the franchise and referral fees, a new agent would make only 7% commission on any sales from leads generated by the Weichert lead system, compared to 64-70% with other brokers. That was a deal-breaker for me.

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Recruiting Specialist
Parsippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in September 2013.

Interview Details – First interview consisted of a brief phone interview, then another with 2 recruiting specialists that asked similar questions. The third interview was with 2 recruiting managers. The process from the phone interview to the 3rd in person has taken over a month.

Interview Question – Basic psych questions, ask you to give 3 traits you look for in a worker, 3 to describe yourself, talk about a difficult situation, an employer you look up to.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary and too much travel

Sales Assistant (Oldwick, NJ Location) Interview

Sales Assistant (Oldwick, NJ Location)
Oldwick, NJ

I applied through other source - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview went quickly into licensing requirements, how to find a school, etc. Quickly told I was not "a good fit".

Interview Question – Unexpected Question: How long have you lived at your current address?   View Answer

Realtor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend to this company. They wanted to know my sales experience, why I was looking for another office. met with several managers, attended a few staff meetings before deciding.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Higher commission split and bonus.

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry
Morris Plains, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Weichert Realtors in August 2009.

Interview Details – The head of HR called me in and asked a few general questions. Then went over my qualifications and gave me a references sheet to fill out. She then proceeded to tell me she was very interested and would call me for a second interview... I never got the call.

Interview Question – They asked for professional references for an entry level position   View Answer

Worked for Weichert Realtors? Contribute to the Community!