Weichert Realtors Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.4

Real Estate Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sewell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors (Sewell, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I scheduled first a phone call then with the hiring manager then an in person meeting with the branch manager. Both were very nice. The branch manager was very informative and extremely enthusiastic about her role. I am still deciding on whether to accept but overall I very much liked the people. I am eager to learn more about the company.

Real Estate Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors (Fairfax, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Fairfax, VA - Very long and boring at times. I was shocked when I was explained that they monitor your phone calls and expect you to put out 5 calls a day. I told to bring my own network and lists to call from. All the fees were more than other companies I interviewed with. I was very turned off.

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quite informative and the office manger did a good job of promoting the company and it's systems. While the marketing and sales support materials were first-rate, the manager was not totally forthcoming about all aspects of compensation. She made much of Weichert's lead generation system, which does seem quite sophisticated, but neglected to mention that the agency charges a 35% referral fee for every closing from leads generated by the system. This greatly reduces the agent's commission on every such lead and severely undermines the value of the system to the agents. Although I was enthusiastic about this aspect of the company during the interview, finding out about the referral fee completely undermined its value as an incentive to join the company as an agent

Interview Questions

• The interviewer did not ask any particularly difficult or unexpected questions. In fact, she told me that in my spontaneous conversation I had answered virtually all of the questions she was planning to ask. The only specific question she asked was how much I expected to earn after 2 years with the company   Answer Question

The starting broker split (50/50) was significantly lower than that offered by most other agencies with whom I interviewed (typically 70/30); the franchise fee was higher (8% compared to 6% with other franchise brokers), and the excessive 35% referral fee for company generated leads completely undermined one of the centerpieces of their pitch to prospective employees. With the lower commission split and the franchise and referral fees, a new agent would make only 7% commission on any sales from leads generated by the Weichert lead system, compared to 64-70% with other brokers. That was a deal-breaker for me.

Sales Assistant (Oldwick, NJ Location) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldwick, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors (Oldwick, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview went quickly into licensing requirements, how to find a school, etc. Quickly told I was not "a good fit".

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question: How long have you lived at your current address?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors (Mc Lean, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by someone from HR department (NJ headquarter) in September 2013. He has been found my resume on Indeed, saw some experience in Real Estate in another country and proposed me to talk to a Managing Broker from my area about a Sales Associate opportunity. I was transferred immediately by phone to a Branch Manager and after that to a Sales Manager who asked me for a face to face meeting after 2-3 days. After a short review of my resume the Sales Manager told me than I'm exactly what they want and scheduled me for 60 hours pre-licensing classes for October - November 2013 for only $99. I started to work full-time in January, but I don't received any support from nobody, but I have: office fees; leads fee (for clients received from call center); a mentor fee; post-licensing education (mandatory); overhead in NJ; advertising to generate business; membership in 3 professional organisations; errors & omission insurance; MLS access; SentriCard & SentriLocks etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. They try t convince you to work for them; hiring every day because don't have to pay nothing, only 50% of commission from clients that you bring them from your network and 15% from clients received from their call center. Sales associates must do all work and must pay all expenses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negociation.

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

First interview consisted of a brief phone interview, then another with 2 recruiting specialists that asked similar questions. The third interview was with 2 recruiting managers. The process from the phone interview to the 3rd in person has taken over a month.

Interview Questions

• Basic psych questions, ask you to give 3 traits you look for in a worker, 3 to describe yourself, talk about a difficult situation, an employer you look up to.   Answer Question

salary and too much travel

Realtor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors in July 2013.

Interview

More like a presentation than an interview

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors (Alexandria, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter for the initial phone screen. The next step was a webcam interview with the recruiter and his director where they explained the position and asked about my experience. The final step was an in-person interview where I met with a field recruiter who asked me some fairly generic interview questions.

Realtor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors in October 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a friend to this company. They wanted to know my sales experience, why I was looking for another office. met with several managers, attended a few staff meetings before deciding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Higher commission split and bonus.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weichert Realtors (Palm Coast, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

The previous management was very professional and made the interview process friendly and was very helpful explaining the job and the company. It was enjoyable to hear about the company and how the office was being run.