Weidner Apartment Homes Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.6

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes.

Applied with employee referral, heard back right away. First interview went well with the CD and 2nd interview with a higher up. Got a call within the hour offering me a job. I liked the CD but the higher up asked some questions that I felt were inappropriate.

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes.

I had heard good things about the company from other students in my major so I applied online before they made their visit to campus in the Fall for our Career fair. I was then contacted by HR and asked to set up a phone interview for one of the recruiters. We talked about my background and why I was interested in working for Weidner. Also we discussed my top 3 choices of states and areas that I would be interested in being placed at for the summer.

After that I was set up with a Skype interview with the Regional Vice President of the region I was interested in. Both interviews were very straight forward, no tricky questions or unexpected interview questions. They just want to get to know who you are and see if you will be a good fit with the company.

Interview Questions
    The pay is set at $12.00/per hour for summer interns.

SEO Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes in September 2014.

Phone screening talk about your resume, and then go the office talk about more details about the specific position with questions to test your skills, then you will wait for second round of interview

Interview Questions
    • not really but you should be aware of what you put on your resume, they will ask you in details   Answer Question

Community Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes.

Got there through the MIT program.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a lateral move, but the number on the offer was actually less than what I was making. I hated my job at the time, so I negotiated up to a truly lateral move, and then accepted.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes in August 2013.

Applied via LinkedIn and heard back right away. Hiring manager was responsive and friendly. They sent me an essay style questionnaire to fill out and return. Phone and live interview were based off of my resume and that questionnaire. Both were scheduled at convenient times for me. Very comfortable process. I felt valued and respected.

Interview Questions
    Easy, but salary is set. They require a college degree for this program, but will not pay any more for experience or additional education.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Steamboat Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Steamboat Springs, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes in December 2012.

This was one of the most easygoing interviews I've ever experienced. We spent a fourth of the time discussing our mutual favorite author. I was offered the MIT position instead of housekeeping when my interviewer had decided that I had more than enough experience to move up in the company. I left the office ecstatic that she had accurately assessed my résumé and potential. Unfortunately, weidner was not willing to start me in the MIT position without my having a Bachelors degree, but I was offered the housekeeping position until they could find an opening in leasing for me.

Interview Questions
    • You can ace your interview if you have read up on Weidner culture and their values. It's all listed on their website. Nothing was out of left field.   Answer Question
    Nonexistent. Actually, my interviewer agreed upon a wage that was slightly higher than what they decided to have me. When I commented on this I was told that it was already approved and not negotiable. It wasn't a huge discrepancy, but it did bother me a little bit.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes in March 2012.

I received a phone interview initially and was invited to come in for an in-person interview. Interviewed at one of the properties. Relatively straightforward process. More like a conversation than a strict interview. The interviewers were laid back and honest about the position requirements. They were friendly, inviting, and seemed genuinely interested and excited to talk.

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes in July 2011.

My first interview with this company went spectacularly. I really felt that I clicked with the current designer and felt positive that we would make a great design team. The company was asking for someone with 1-2 years design experience and I had three years. I was the perfect fit. The job description included 30% travel time. I wasn't thrilled about that aspect, due to being a mother of a toddler. But, I was excited about the opportunity to see all the job sites and participate in designs in different regions.

After the interview, I was asked to do a background check and drug test. I found this odd of a company to ask with a degree-required position, but was willing to do what it takes (and seeing as I have no interest in drugs and a clean background, I had no concerns). I took the tests and was called back in for another interview with the owner and his wife. I was told the owner was a great guy, so I looked forward to meeting him.

I could not disagree more with this man being "great". He immediately stated "not much experience, huh? What have you been doing?" Ouch! I am very proud of the experience that I have and have only held high level positions from the day of my college graduation. Nothing to shy away from! Sure, I had taken some time off to be a mom- but really, is that detrimental to my previous experience and education? I am a skilled designer and proudly showed my portfolio. I felt as though I was under a magnifying glass. They were clearly not impressed, and I was not sure what I had done wrong, other than not be the person they had imagined.

I was turned down due to my experience level and the fact that they didn't think I would want to travel that much, seeing as I had a young child. WHAT? I followed up with a letter requesting that they reconsider, that I felt this was a job worth fighting for. I had MORE experience than the ad stated.

Shortly after, the job was re-listed with SEVEN years experience, and 50% travel. Apparently, they have interviewed several people who have ALMOST gotten the job. So not worth jumping through their hoops.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very general. Such as: Have you ever dealt with someone that was difficult to work with, and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Community Director Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes.

I went through the MIT program for about 9 months. The initial interview process started with them sending me a questionnaire to fill out. There was a phone interview with the head of the MIT program, who seemed very chipper and friendly - she gave a great first impression of the company. I then had an in-person interview with the Regional Director for my region. I got the impression throughout the interview that they'd already decided to hire me and this was just a formality. They offered me the position at the end of the interview. Due to a large number of people quitting at once, I was promoted somewhat out of necessity once I'd learned enough to be a CD.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate - the salary offered was much larger than what I'd been expecting, so I took it.

Community Director Interview

I had 3 interviews. The first interview was over the phone with the corporate recruiter. The second was with and area director and the third was with the regional director.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty standard interview type questions. Not really any surprises.   Answer Question