Weidner Apartment Homes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.6

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

Phone interview with someone at Corporate followed by in person interview on site. Everyone was friendly and patient throughout the process. This company is extremely thorough in its practices, and that has proven to extend from the interview phase to now working full time with the company. Both interviews were very open and conversational. They got to know me and I was able to learn a lot about the company, as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes (Kirkland, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went through two interviews with this company. The first was at the main head-courters. Where I Filled out a few forms, went and sat in a room and had a 10 minute interview there. Was a piece of cake. Then, was told to go to a certain rental location a few days after, (This is where my second interview took place.) There where three ladies who then interviewed me all at once. The process took about 20 minutes. After this interview, they then offered me a job. Proceeding with doing a criminal background check, credit check. Also, they make you go and do a drug test before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my job history and what duties they entailed of.   1 Answer

Assistant Community Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Great interview process. I met with a couple of different people. If I wasn't sold before the interview, I was after. They were very open and warm. I felt like I was being interviewed by people I knew on a personal level. They were very direct with their expectations. The interview felt more like a conversation and not an interview. I don't know if that is the norm for everyone but that was the way it was for me.

Interview Questions

• Not so much the question as the explanation about the difference in working for a fee management company and for actual owners.   1 Answer

Property Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes.

Interview

The recruiter was incredibly kind and didn't place me under pressure. She was curious about my personal career goals and wanted to find out if the internship would be mutually beneficial to myself and the firm. She gave me great advice throughout the entire process and explained to me why the job would be a good fit.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I searched for summer jobs on various sites and found a listing for this internship. From there, I applied online via an online application. After that went through I had an initial phone interview with hiring director, she very kind and it seemed like it was a more get to know the job kind of interview. Then a few days later I interviewed with local president, also very kind and casual. Both were brief and enjoyable conversations.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes.

Interview

Applied with employee referral, heard back right away. First interview went well with the CD and 2nd interview with a higher up. Got a call within the hour offering me a job. I liked the CD but the higher up asked some questions that I felt were inappropriate.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes.

Interview

I had heard good things about the company from other students in my major so I applied online before they made their visit to campus in the Fall for our Career fair. I was then contacted by HR and asked to set up a phone interview for one of the recruiters. We talked about my background and why I was interested in working for Weidner. Also we discussed my top 3 choices of states and areas that I would be interested in being placed at for the summer.

After that I was set up with a Skype interview with the Regional Vice President of the region I was interested in. Both interviews were very straight forward, no tricky questions or unexpected interview questions. They just want to get to know who you are and see if you will be a good fit with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay is set at $12.00/per hour for summer interns.

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes in September 2014.

Interview

Phone screening talk about your resume, and then go the office talk about more details about the specific position with questions to test your skills, then you will wait for second round of interview

Interview Questions

• not really but you should be aware of what you put on your resume, they will ask you in details   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process wasn't difficult, the hardest challenge I faced was actually landing a physical interview. I was a bit confused, becuase I had been referred and recommeneded by three different associates at different levels, and never reiceved a call back or email response. Waited a month and applied for another property. Landed an in person interview with a different property and was again never contacted back after the interview. I applied for the first property a second time and eventually heard back. Landed the interview, went through multiple phone interviews, and a coorporate interview as well. I felt there was a lack of communication, but was overall stress free. I was uncertain about some of the qaulifiying criterias, and had a very difficult time actually securing an interview date and time. Found most contact was successful via email. Eventually I was contacted via phone, and was given a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience and interested did I have in the industry? Unexpected role play, displaying closing tactics and techniques? How I anticipated to take non industry related expeirences and relate and effectively utilize those skills in a very specific and unique industry.   1 Answer

Community Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Weidner Apartment Homes.

Interview

Got there through the MIT program.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a lateral move, but the number on the offer was actually less than what I was making. I hated my job at the time, so I negotiated up to a truly lateral move, and then accepted.