Weight Watchers

Getting the Interview

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Weight Watchers Territory Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Weight Watchers in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very long process. Your usual type of interview questions but you need to be able to have both business and emotional answers as this is an unusual company culture.

Interview Question – None that I remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotions involved

Manager Interview

Bellingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Weight Watchers in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long. Many levels of interviews.

Interview Question – How will you get to know the business coming from the outside?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

WW Receptionist Interview

Interviewed at Weight Watchers

Interview Details – Very simple hiring and interview process.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Field Staff Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Weight Watchers in January 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process is too long

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Weight Watchers.

Interview Details – Received a call from an external recruitor. Then a technical phone interview followed. I then received a phone call for a personal interview. Visited their office. Waited for almost 45 minutes to meet the first interviewer. It was Fri 4pm, probably they were busy or already left. But thats not my problem.

Interview Question – What would you do if your user base went up by 100%. What changes you would do in your database.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Weight Watchers.

Interview Details – Was pretty simple, HR manager randomly called me for a phone interview a few weeks after I sent my application. Basic interview questions (what are your biggest strengths, weaknesses, etc) along with general questions about my resume. After that conversation, spoke with the manager I would be working for, which was once again an easy and straightforward interview.

Interview Question – Pretty typical behavior/fit questions, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Meeting Leader Interview

Meeting Leader
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weight Watchers in May 2012.

Interview Details – You must first apply, interview, and train to be a receptionist. You then can interview with the Territory Manager to be a meeting leader. You complete 2 days of unpaid training called a workshop where you are referred to as a candidate. You then lead 15 minutes of a mock meeting in front of some of the management staff. At this time you are able to sub for leaders and you wait to be given a meeting to lead on a regular basis. A bit of a popularity contest. I have meetings because I say yes and try to keep my true thoughts quiet. You learn quickly if you don't you won't get any work.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating.

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Union, NJ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Weight Watchers in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was a successful life member of Weight Watchers with a desire tov share the knowledge I had obtained in my journey. I was asked if I would like to work for Weight Watchers by my Meeting Leader when I obtained Lifetime status. I was flattered by the invitation. I knew it wouldn't replace my full-time job so I interviewed with the territory manager for a part time position understanding that the pay was very low but the personal rewards were worth the effort.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything that was asked of me that was difficult or out of the ordinary. I felt very comfortable being forthright with all my answers.   Answer Question

Weight Watchers Territory Manager Interview

Weight Watchers Territory Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Weight Watchers in February 2011.

Interview Details – You submit an online resume to the Weight Watcher corporate website and wait for a call. I think the only reason I got a call was because I also interviewed for a local position and impressed the interviewer enough that she recommended me for a higher position. I found out later that, despite following the submission guidelines to the letter, my resume was unreadable as it was received. The process consists of about 10 interviews with different people, some by phone, some by skype, some in person, culminating with an in person interview with the local VP of operations. They do not check your references, and instead depend on their very frustrating and long interview process to see if you will crack under pressure. Keep your cool!

Interview Question – They ask you a lot of questions about how you think you will handle the work/life balance, in a very conversational and disarming way.   View Answer

Receptionist, Leader Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Weight Watchers in October 2012.

Interview Details – After losing 83 pounds and becoming a Lifetime Member, my leader encouraged me to look into working for Weight Watchers. I applied online and was contacted within a few days.
I attended a two hour informational meeting in which I learned about the different types of Weight Watcher meetings, what the different positions entailed, training, pay, etc. Afterward, I had a short one on one interview with the territory manager. I left feeling excited and optimistic.
Within a couple of days I had set up a time to shadow a "travelers" or "paper" meeting. I was told I needed to shadow the variety of meetings and report back with my thoughts. The staff I met with were kind and had all been working for Weight Watchers for over 10 years. Surprisingly, they did not have nice words about their employment with Weight Watchers. They complained about low pay, not enough opportunity to work, too much paperwork and lack of automation/updates. It didn't take long for me to see why they were unhappy. I shadowed the meeting and was disappointed, overwhelmed and shocked at how things were run on the other side of the scale. To say there is a lot of paperwork is an understatement. The amount of time it took for the staff to weigh in each member was ridiculous and it caused a line to form. Even with the very experienced staff working quickly, there was no way to move things along any faster. There were too many steps and too much paper. To top it off, when someone paid with a credit card the staff had to use an old fashioned credit card imprinter and fill out the members address, etc. I couldn't help but stand there wide-eyed and half laughing. I hadn't seen one of those imprinters since the 80's! I kept thinking, 'This is Weight Watchers...multi-million dollar company, celebrity endorsed, Worldwide...how are they this disorganized and out of date?!'
After the meeting began, I watched as the two receptionists filled out more paper work. The product inventory was all on paper and manually kept. It was very tedious and time consuming to write down and add up all that was sold that evening. When I asked them why they continue to work for Weight Watchers if they were so unhappy, they simply said they do it to keep their weight under control and for the discounts. I also asked if the company asked their opinions or valued their input and they said absolutely not.
The next morning, I emailed my shadowing experience to the territory manager and asked questions about whether or not Weight Watchers had plans of updating or automating their "travelers" meetings. I informed her that I was still interested in the job but that I would be more comfortable in one of the stores or centers where everything is computerized. I also included that I would be willing to work these paper meetings if needed but that it was not something I wanted to do routinely.
The next day I received a very brief phone call from the territory manager. She quickly informed me "this wasn't going to work" and that I "wasn't a good fit." I was very surprised and disappointed that my questions were going unanswered and that I was dismissed immediately for, in my opinion, being honest and asking questions. This woman who had told me a week ago I "had everything she was looking for in a leader" was now being short and rude. I was shocked.

Interview Question – I did not receive any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weight Watchers

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weight Watchers interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Weight Watchers employees and interview candidates.