Weight Watchers

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.4

Weight Watchers Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Weight Watchers in January 2015.

Applied online, got an email to schedule a phone interview for the next day. Man called me and asked me if I am currently or had ever been a Weight Watchers customer, and what my current BMI is. He then told me that I am not eligible for employment because I have never been a Weight Watchers customer and cannot become one because my BMI isn't bad enough.

Interview Questions
    • What is your BMI?

Have you ever been a Weight Watchers customer?

Are you one currently?

View Answer

FP&A Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Weight Watchers.

It started off with a HR interview, pretty routine, nothing out of the ordinary. The next step was interview with the regional head. It was a mutual comfort level from the very beginning, felt more like a conversation.
    The last round was via skype, which was not a pleasant experience. I could feel when I was not able to answer specific question related to pricing of their products.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weight Watchers.

Met with 3 people, then came back to meet with hiring manager again. HR seems to only want to hire fit people. I didn't think I was going to be on the cover of the magazing, was I?

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where you know you are correct, but the manager thinks otherwise?   Answer Question
    none

WW Receptionist Interview

Very simple hiring and interview process.

Weight Watchers Receptionist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Weight Watchers in January 2014.

Very easy, no unexpected questions. I applied online, had a group teleconference, then a 1 on 1 telephone interview, lastly I had a skype interview. I was offered a job during the skype interview.

Interview Questions
    • For me the most difficult question was how do you handle a situation where your boss is asking you to do something that isn't the correct way to do this?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weight Watchers.

Received a call from an external recruitor. Then a technical phone interview followed. I then received a phone call for a personal interview. Visited their office. Waited for almost 45 minutes to meet the first interviewer. It was Fri 4pm, probably they were busy or already left. But thats not my problem.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your user base went up by 100%. What changes you would do in your database.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Weight Watchers.

Was pretty simple, HR manager randomly called me for a phone interview a few weeks after I sent my application. Basic interview questions (what are your biggest strengths, weaknesses, etc) along with general questions about my resume. After that conversation, spoke with the manager I would be working for, which was once again an easy and straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical behavior/fit questions, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Weight Watchers Meeting Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Weight Watchers in December 2012.

Two interviews and then a weekend training session.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good leader?   View Answer
    Normal but lots of online training. Took over 40 hours.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery Village, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Montgomery Village, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Weight Watchers in November 2012.

if you have been through the program then there really is no need to look through or research interview questions. Many of them are related to subjects or experiences you've had during your weight loss journey... ope this helps. There is no depth in the company; in retrospect the interview questions topics where very shallow.

Receptionist, Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Weight Watchers in October 2012.

After losing 83 pounds and becoming a Lifetime Member, my leader encouraged me to look into working for Weight Watchers. I applied online and was contacted within a few days.
    I attended a two hour informational meeting in which I learned about the different types of Weight Watcher meetings, what the different positions entailed, training, pay, etc. Afterward, I had a short one on one interview with the territory manager. I left feeling excited and optimistic.
    Within a couple of days I had set up a time to shadow a "travelers" or "paper" meeting. I was told I needed to shadow the variety of meetings and report back with my thoughts. The staff I met with were kind and had all been working for Weight Watchers for over 10 years. Surprisingly, they did not have nice words about their employment with Weight Watchers. They complained about low pay, not enough opportunity to work, too much paperwork and lack of automation/updates. It didn't take long for me to see why they were unhappy. I shadowed the meeting and was disappointed, overwhelmed and shocked at how things were run on the other side of the scale. To say there is a lot of paperwork is an understatement. The amount of time it took for the staff to weigh in each member was ridiculous and it caused a line to form. Even with the very experienced staff working quickly, there was no way to move things along any faster. There were too many steps and too much paper. To top it off, when someone paid with a credit card the staff had to use an old fashioned credit card imprinter and fill out the members address, etc. I couldn't help but stand there wide-eyed and half laughing. I hadn't seen one of those imprinters since the 80's! I kept thinking, 'This is Weight Watchers...multi-million dollar company, celebrity endorsed, Worldwide...how are they this disorganized and out of date?!'
    After the meeting began, I watched as the two receptionists filled out more paper work. The product inventory was all on paper and manually kept. It was very tedious and time consuming to write down and add up all that was sold that evening. When I asked them why they continue to work for Weight Watchers if they were so unhappy, they simply said they do it to keep their weight under control and for the discounts. I also asked if the company asked their opinions or valued their input and they said absolutely not.
    The next morning, I emailed my shadowing experience to the territory manager and asked questions about whether or not Weight Watchers had plans of updating or automating their "travelers" meetings. I informed her that I was still interested in the job but that I would be more comfortable in one of the stores or centers where everything is computerized. I also included that I would be willing to work these paper meetings if needed but that it was not something I wanted to do routinely.
    The next day I received a very brief phone call from the territory manager. She quickly informed me "this wasn't going to work" and that I "wasn't a good fit." I was very surprised and disappointed that my questions were going unanswered and that I was dismissed immediately for, in my opinion, being honest and asking questions. This woman who had told me a week ago I "had everything she was looking for in a leader" was now being short and rude. I was shocked.