Weight Watchers

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crystal Lake, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weight Watchers in May 2010.

Interview Details – very casual interview with the regional manager, but since then they have change to an on-line test first before you interview.

Very Easy Interview

Union, NJ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Weight Watchers in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was a successful life member of Weight Watchers with a desire tov share the knowledge I had obtained in my journey. I was asked if I would like to work for Weight Watchers by my Meeting Leader when I obtained Lifetime status. I was flattered by the invitation. I knew it wouldn't replace my full-time job so I interviewed with the territory manager for a part time position understanding that the pay was very low but the personal rewards were worth the effort.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything that was asked of me that was difficult or out of the ordinary. I felt very comfortable being forthright with all my answers.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at Weight Watchers.

Interview Details – I was sent a card after I reached lifetime asking me to become part of their team and I accepted then I was contacted and was asked to come to an interview. There were two of us and the job was explained to us and we were told after they went over our resume, if we were suited for the position we would be contacted and I was and I met with the TM and was hired and told how much I would make and was also offered work at home which I was given down the path. I did it and sent it to the TM she never acknowledged that she got it and I was never paid for it. I was never told that the training would be so little and that I had to shadow for nothing on my own time all over the city and I was never told that it would take 1 to 2 years to get a meeting. If I had know that I would have never started with them as I was broke and needed a job and she knew that.

Negotiation Details – same as above

Staten Island, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Weight Watchers in January 2008.

Interview Details – Attended an open house at a Weight Watchers for possible employment. Weight Watchers gave an over view of the company and how it originated and its mission statement. After the open house we were advised if anyone were still interested in applying for a position at Weight Watchers to please fill out an application and interviews would be conducted upon completion of the application. We were interviewed privately with a question and answer session that lasted several minutes. Upon completion of the question and answer session I was offered a receptionist position.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a Life Time member who did not have their membership ID with them   Answer Question
  • How would I handle an out of town member who did not have their membership ID   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Weight Watchers in March 2009.

Interview Details – Attended an open/group interview, then was invited to a 1-to-1 interview two days later. I was referred by a current Weight Watchers employee (leader). I had been a member of WW for two years, losing 74 pounds.
I was offered a job at the second interview with the Territory Manager. They are most interested in upbeat personalities, those who understand the WW philosophy, those who are personable, and those with flexible schedules. In NYC most WW reception work is around the lunch hours 11-2. All employees have been
successful WW members, so most are highly motivated and enthusiastic. Most enjoy careers/jobs helping others. Reception is low pay. So it is a decent job for a retiree or someone selfemployed or looking for part-time. Health benefits are excellent for "full timers" Full time is 27.5 WW hours per week.

Interview Question – How would you handle and angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Pay rates are formulaic and standard to all.

Receptionist

I applied online and interviewed at Weight Watchers.

Interview Details – Group/Panel interview. Was asked what my favorite product of Weight Watchers was and to talk a bit about it. Was also asked typical interview questions that pertain to working with the public.

Interview Question – None. I expected I would get asked them all.   Answer Question

Receptionist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Weight Watchers in November 2011.

Interview Details – Weight Watchers flags members' records when they are at goal. At a monthly check in I was asked if I would like to apply for a position. I filled out an online application, which included many timed personality questions. A recruiter called me within a week and asked many general questions about my Weight Watchers experience and what my interest was in applying. She then scheduled a face to face interview for the next week. That was more of the same sort of questions. This was right before Thanksgiving and nothing came of it until after the new year when I was invited to a group interview, and by group WW means you will be interviewed by the hiring manager at the same time as other applicants. It isn't a panel interview with you sitting across from multiple managers. I've read that at this point everyone gets hired.

I declined to go to the last interview based on the negative comments I've read here on Glassdoor. I have no need to work; indeed, it would have been a hobby job for me, something a leader in a recent meeting confirmed for me. Weight Watchers apparently prefers very part time employees. Recent changes to the organization are not being received well, either. It does not sound like a happy place to work. I certainly don't want to stand in a mostly empty "store" for an afternoon, hoping someone will come in to be weighed and buy a few products. A popular leader, one who I just started to follow, announced she was being pulled from her best-attended time slot. Employees shouldn't be walking around wondering why things are happening. No thanks.

Interview Questions

Receptionist

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Weight Watchers in September 2011.

Interview Details – Completed an application online (must be within certain number of pounds of WW goal weight or be a WW lifetime member). After applying online, I had two phone interviews (5 months apart), one 1:1 in-person interview, and one group interview. Most questions were behavior-based.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Weight Watchers?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay (minimum wage plus small commission).

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!