Weight Watchers Receptionist Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.1

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Weight Watchers (Montgomery Village, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

if you have been through the program then there really is no need to look through or research interview questions. Many of them are related to subjects or experiences you've had during your weight loss journey... ope this helps. There is no depth in the company; in retrospect the interview questions topics where very shallow.

Other Interview Reviews for Weight Watchers

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Weight Watchers (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I was sent a card after I reached lifetime asking me to become part of their team and I accepted then I was contacted and was asked to come to an interview. There were two of us and the job was explained to us and we were told after they went over our resume, if we were suited for the position we would be contacted and I was and I met with the TM and was hired and told how much I would make and was also offered work at home which I was given down the path. I did it and sent it to the TM she never acknowledged that she got it and I was never paid for it. I was never told that the training would be so little and that I had to shadow for nothing on my own time all over the city and I was never told that it would take 1 to 2 years to get a meeting. If I had know that I would have never started with them as I was broke and needed a job and she knew that.

Negotiation

same as above

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weight Watchers in October 2010.

Interview

Weight Watchers is very thorough in their interview and hiring process. Once filling out the online questionnaire, I received an email very quickly from the closest Territory Manager. I was invited to a Job Fair with a presentation on jobs available, what each entailed and how to proceed.
    The process of getting hired was very organized. Once hired I was immediately assigned to a Mentor who led me through a four stage process. All materials were provided and my mentor was available as I moved into my own job assignments.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a member who was very upset?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation- salaries are set.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weight Watchers (Crystal Lake, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

very casual interview with the regional manager, but since then they have change to an on-line test first before you interview.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Weight Watchers (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Attended an open/group interview, then was invited to a 1-to-1 interview two days later. I was referred by a current Weight Watchers employee (leader). I had been a member of WW for two years, losing 74 pounds.
    I was offered a job at the second interview with the Territory Manager. They are most interested in upbeat personalities, those who understand the WW philosophy, those who are personable, and those with flexible schedules. In NYC most WW reception work is around the lunch hours 11-2. All employees have been
    successful WW members, so most are highly motivated and enthusiastic. Most enjoy careers/jobs helping others. Reception is low pay. So it is a decent job for a retiree or someone selfemployed or looking for part-time. Health benefits are excellent for "full timers" Full time is 27.5 WW hours per week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. Pay rates are formulaic and standard to all.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Weight Watchers (Union, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

I was a successful life member of Weight Watchers with a desire tov share the knowledge I had obtained in my journey. I was asked if I would like to work for Weight Watchers by my Meeting Leader when I obtained Lifetime status. I was flattered by the invitation. I knew it wouldn't replace my full-time job so I interviewed with the territory manager for a part time position understanding that the pay was very low but the personal rewards were worth the effort.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything that was asked of me that was difficult or out of the ordinary. I felt very comfortable being forthright with all my answers.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Weight Watchers (Staten Island, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Attended an open house at a Weight Watchers for possible employment. Weight Watchers gave an over view of the company and how it originated and its mission statement. After the open house we were advised if anyone were still interested in applying for a position at Weight Watchers to please fill out an application and interviews would be conducted upon completion of the application. We were interviewed privately with a question and answer session that lasted several minutes. Upon completion of the question and answer session I was offered a receptionist position.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a Life Time member who did not have their membership ID with them   Answer Question
    • How would I handle an out of town member who did not have their membership ID   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Weight Watchers.

Interview

Group/Panel interview. Was asked what my favorite product of Weight Watchers was and to talk a bit about it. Was also asked typical interview questions that pertain to working with the public.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Weight Watchers in November 2011.

Interview

Weight Watchers flags members' records when they are at goal. At a monthly check in I was asked if I would like to apply for a position. I filled out an online application, which included many timed personality questions. A recruiter called me within a week and asked many general questions about my Weight Watchers experience and what my interest was in applying. She then scheduled a face to face interview for the next week. That was more of the same sort of questions. This was right before Thanksgiving and nothing came of it until after the new year when I was invited to a group interview, and by group WW means you will be interviewed by the hiring manager at the same time as other applicants. It isn't a panel interview with you sitting across from multiple managers. I've read that at this point everyone gets hired.

I declined to go to the last interview based on the negative comments I've read here on Glassdoor. I have no need to work; indeed, it would have been a hobby job for me, something a leader in a recent meeting confirmed for me. Weight Watchers apparently prefers very part time employees. Recent changes to the organization are not being received well, either. It does not sound like a happy place to work. I certainly don't want to stand in a mostly empty "store" for an afternoon, hoping someone will come in to be weighed and buy a few products. A popular leader, one who I just started to follow, announced she was being pulled from her best-attended time slot. Employees shouldn't be walking around wondering why things are happening. No thanks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you realized you were wrong about something.   Answer Question
    • How would you know if you had a successful shift?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Weight Watchers in September 2011.

Interview

Completed an application online (must be within certain number of pounds of WW goal weight or be a WW lifetime member). After applying online, I had two phone interviews (5 months apart), one 1:1 in-person interview, and one group interview. Most questions were behavior-based.

Interview Questions

Low pay (minimum wage plus small commission).