Weil Gotshal

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.8

Paralegal Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Weil Gotshal.

I met with several senior paralegals in the practice area and the paralegal coordinator for the firm. The staff was nice overall and the office was sleek with great views of Central Park.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult team member who does not pull his weight?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weil Gotshal.

2.5 hr interview with 5 people followed by lunch. There were no surprising questions, mostly conversational supplemented by questions about my resume. Meet with people from all different departments and positions (litigation v. transactional, associates and partners). People were very friendly and social.

Be prepared to keep conversation going and talk about lots of topics. It did not feel as long as it sounds (two and a half hrs), which is probably a good sign. Professional attire is obviously expected.

Interview Questions
    • During convo, asked how I would react to a situation that arises from a conflict from what you think partner wants v. what's right.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

2 interviews. Very pleasant and discrete. I met with the head of the practice group. He explained the department functions thoroughly and what is expected of me. We also discussed the culture of the firm and reasons for its success. I knew exactly what I was getting into. Very satisfied.

Through head hunter

Consultant - Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Weil Gotshal.

The process was fairly cut and dried, though I was a bit in the dark about whether or not I got the job until the last minute. In the end I was slightly disappointed by my rate, but it was fair for the job.

Interview Questions
    • why would you want to freelance when you have a high-paying job already?   View Answer
    I was asked for my consulting rate and got what I asked for, though I indicated I wanted more but that was ignored.

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Weil Gotshal.

Met with the HR Director and her assistant. Both are super sweet and super nice. I only went on one interview. They questioned me about my background and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions
    None. They went above what they were looking to start, considering I already had two other offers on the table.

Associate Interview

Started as a summer associate. Basic questions ie area of interest etc

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weil Gotshal in September 2013.

The firm held on campus interviews. I submitted my resume and was selected for an on campus interview. My interview went well, I feel like we meshed and I was called the following morning by the individual that interviewed me. HR then emailed me and setup the details and then I went in for an evening and interviewed with 4 employees.

Paralegal Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Weil Gotshal.

This is very annoying...I only wanted to write one review but this website is making me submit other reviews just to submit the original one. Now I have to write a minimum of 50 words to make sure this one goes through. Oh well, what a waste of time for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Weil Gotshal.

There was a half day interview- met partners and associates. Was made offer the same day.

It was an entry level position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weil Gotshal in January 2010.

I applied online but probably would not have been interviewed had I not been referred by an employee. Once they contacted me to come in for an interview, the whole process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    They were not willing to negotiate on salary.