Weil Gotshal Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.7

Consultant - Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Weil Gotshal.

The process was fairly cut and dried, though I was a bit in the dark about whether or not I got the job until the last minute. In the end I was slightly disappointed by my rate, but it was fair for the job.

Interview Questions
    • why would you want to freelance when you have a high-paying job already?   View Answer
    I was asked for my consulting rate and got what I asked for, though I indicated I wanted more but that was ignored.

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Weil Gotshal.

Met with the HR Director and her assistant. Both are super sweet and super nice. I only went on one interview. They questioned me about my background and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions
    None. They went above what they were looking to start, considering I already had two other offers on the table.

Associate Interview

Started as a summer associate. Basic questions ie area of interest etc

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weil Gotshal in September 2013.

The firm held on campus interviews. I submitted my resume and was selected for an on campus interview. My interview went well, I feel like we meshed and I was called the following morning by the individual that interviewed me. HR then emailed me and setup the details and then I went in for an evening and interviewed with 4 employees.

Paralegal Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Weil Gotshal.

This is very annoying...I only wanted to write one review but this website is making me submit other reviews just to submit the original one. Now I have to write a minimum of 50 words to make sure this one goes through. Oh well, what a waste of time for everyone.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Weil Gotshal.

There was a half day interview- met partners and associates. Was made offer the same day.

It was an entry level position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weil Gotshal in January 2010.

I applied online but probably would not have been interviewed had I not been referred by an employee. Once they contacted me to come in for an interview, the whole process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    They were not willing to negotiate on salary.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Weil Gotshal in September 2008.

Staffing agency first contacted me for the quick phone interview and I went into their agency for the skills tests.
    After I passed the test, the agent set me up for 1:1 interview with the director of the division.
    Mainly, she asked about my background and the experience with previous job.
    She also asked some skill related questions.

Litigation Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Weil Gotshal in May 2011.

The office had a very laid back atmosphere. The people take pride in what they do and their results show as a whole with their firm. They are especially looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals who are ready to take the job on right away. They are very honest with the fact that there is plenty of overtime. There was only one interview in which I was required to talk to three different paralegals 1:1 and then finally with the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are you three greatest weaknesses and your three greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    Starting salary was not negotiable at all, however, they are one of the industry leaders and were quite generous with their starting salary anyways for an entry-level position.

Worked for Weil Gotshal? Contribute to the Community!