Weil Gotshal Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Weil Gotshal.

Interview

I met with several senior paralegals in the practice area and the paralegal coordinator for the firm. The staff was nice overall and the office was sleek with great views of Central Park.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult team member who does not pull his weight?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weil Gotshal.

Interview

2.5 hr interview with 5 people followed by lunch. There were no surprising questions, mostly conversational supplemented by questions about my resume. Meet with people from all different departments and positions (litigation v. transactional, associates and partners). People were very friendly and social. Be prepared to keep conversation going and talk about lots of topics. It did not feel as long as it sounds (two and a half hrs), which is probably a good sign. Professional attire is obviously expected.

Interview Questions

• During convo, asked how I would react to a situation that arises from a conflict from what you think partner wants v. what's right.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

2 interviews. Very pleasant and discrete. I met with the head of the practice group. He explained the department functions thoroughly and what is expected of me. We also discussed the culture of the firm and reasons for its success. I knew exactly what I was getting into. Very satisfied.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Through head hunter

Consultant - Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Weil Gotshal.

Interview

The process was fairly cut and dried, though I was a bit in the dark about whether or not I got the job until the last minute. In the end I was slightly disappointed by my rate, but it was fair for the job.

Interview Questions

• why would you want to freelance when you have a high-paying job already?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked for my consulting rate and got what I asked for, though I indicated I wanted more but that was ignored.

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Weil Gotshal.

Interview

Met with the HR Director and her assistant. Both are super sweet and super nice. I only went on one interview. They questioned me about my background and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. They went above what they were looking to start, considering I already had two other offers on the table.

Associate Interview

Interview

Started as a summer associate. Basic questions ie area of interest etc

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weil Gotshal (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The firm held on campus interviews. I submitted my resume and was selected for an on campus interview. My interview went well, I feel like we meshed and I was called the following morning by the individual that interviewed me. HR then emailed me and setup the details and then I went in for an evening and interviewed with 4 employees.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Weil Gotshal.

Interview

This is very annoying...I only wanted to write one review but this website is making me submit other reviews just to submit the original one. Now I have to write a minimum of 50 words to make sure this one goes through. Oh well, what a waste of time for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Where do babies come from?   1 Answer

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Weil Gotshal (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I spoke to a HR manager on the phone and then flew to their NYC office for an in-person interview. I met with 4 or 5 different people including HR personnell and hiring partners in the corporate law practice. Everyone was very friendly and professional, however the interview questions were fairly repetitive.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were behvaioral or situational and focused on previous problem-solving experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Weil Gotshal (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a half day interview- met partners and associates. Was made offer the same day.

Negotiation

It was an entry level position.