Weill Cornell Medical College

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.8

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Interview was very straight forward. They simply asked me to describe my resume and experiences, and asked me if I have any experience with certain skills. Most of the interview consisted of describing the position and the tasks that it entails. I had three mini interviews, about 10 minutes each, with three of the employees, each describing a different part of the job to me and asking me their own questions.

Patient Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Most thorough interview process I have ever been through. I was initially contacted in November 2013 and was still interviewing in March 2014 before I stopped the process to take another offer. I would've written sooner but I just learned of this website.

I was contacted by a really excellent recruiter who sat with me and went over my goals and what I was looking for working at Weill Cornell. She set me up to participate in their interview event, which was kind of like speed dating. There were tables set up with several different departments that were all looking to hire (at least 10 departments there). You sit with each hiring manager(s) for 5 minutes and they ask you quick questions and information. Based off of this, the recruiter contacts you afterward with the departments that would like to meet with you again.

This is good, because it helps you line up a couple of interviews within the same organization. My only issue was that the hiring process was taking a long time. I am used to having to do only 1, maybe 2 interviews before getting a yes or a no. Their process is extensive. They want you to meet with everyone in the department to make sure you're a good fit for everyone. You have to be really patient if you're interested in this organization. After 4 months of interviewing and callbacks, I finally pulled the plug it was taking way too long and in the meantime another company extended a similar offer.

Interview questions were pretty standard, but prepare to meet with a panel on more than one occasion. It was not a negative experience in any form, but it's draining.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions for an administrative role, be prepared to talk in detail about the work experiences you have done that relate to the position.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Panel interviews for management and leadership positions. Conversational style. How would you approach a given situation. Many standard HR questions. What would your colleagues say about you. What would you superiors say about you. What would you change about prior supervisors. What is your management style. Interviews are spread over two or three visits. Interviews may be designed to see how much stamina you have. Evaluation in more than one social situation.

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage communications and competing objectives between all of the collaborating organizations that partner with the institution.   Answer Question
    If you receive a reasonable offer, even if it is somewhat below peers, accept it and prove yourself from within the organization. There is generally minimal room for negotiation. Like may ivies it is best if you join because you have done your research and genuinely want to be a part of the institution.

Research Technician Interview

depending on the professor. usuallu the human resource will select the C.V. first and pick 3 to 5 potential candidate for interview, you will be notice by the human resource directly, and then it will depend on how the lab manager do. if u been picked for the interview, you usually will meet all the members of the lab, and take a tour of the lab environment, after that, u will be notice if u r recruited to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • nothing specific difficult, just be professional about your job   Answer Question

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College.

initially called by recruiter. scheduled me for panel interview. met with the head of the department, the practice manager, a person currently in the role and the recruiter. the panel interview was somewhat intimidating but the recruiter controlled the whole situation initiating questions about my experience and allowing me to answer..

Interview Questions
    • behavior questions, talked about previous experiences & gave examples   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College.

It was simple and straight forward. Interview times are flexible and they are a day full of interviews with you and different people in management.You receive a walk through of the facility as well.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a co-worker that was not doing their job?   Answer Question

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College in May 2014.

Hiring was a two-tiered process. I was first interviewed by the lab's Principal Investigator (PI), then by HR at Cornell. The PI's questions were related to previous lab experience and techniques, while HR asked the more standard interview questions. All in all, everyone was very communicative and supportive throughout the process, and I have no complaints.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was related to a scientific technique that I learned a few years back, asked by the lab's PI. Mostly to check critical thinking skills and scientific acumen.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first was completed over the phone. I was then asked to come in person for the interview and lastly I was interviewed by HR.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Bio Statistician Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College in April 2014.

I received a call from HR to interview. Went to interview with department dean, a post doc, and several M.D./profs. I was told they are looking to fill the position quickly.

Almost all have an M.D., not some kind of statistics degree, so, if you are a stat expert, do use simple terms even if you know about, do not bore everyone.

The interviewers talked about medical related things, which I don't know. I have some great ideas building statistical models, but I didn't get to express that. I don't think they are interested in knowing.

I wish they asked something simple but concrete, like how do you build a regression model. I'd have a lot to say.

Resident Interview

One day interview with all the members of the department

Interview Questions
    Base salary was low, I argued about my experience and got what I deserved.