Weill Cornell Medical College Research Technician II Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014
Updated Jul 4, 2014
4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College in May 2014.

Hiring was a two-tiered process. I was first interviewed by the lab's Principal Investigator (PI), then by HR at Cornell. The PI's questions were related to previous lab experience and techniques, while HR asked the more standard interview questions. All in all, everyone was very communicative and supportive throughout the process, and I have no complaints.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question was related to a scientific technique that I learned a few years back, asked by the lab's PI. Mostly to check critical thinking skills and scientific acumen.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College.

The interviewee must exude confidence during the interview and demonstrate a strong knowledge of life sciences. Many Principal investigators (PI) seek graduates that are either pre-med or preparing for a physicians assistant program.

Interview Questions
    • How much experience do you have writing an NIH grant?   View Answer
    N/A

Research Technician II Interview

Met with PI and the team. Everyone in the lab was nice. A week after my interview, I was sent to HR for a second interview. HR personnel asked questions irrelevant to research, and he was sarcastic and unfriendly.

Research Technician II Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College in September 2009.

Seemed a pretty standard behavioral and individual interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager and future colleagues to determine the fit and my level of knowledge. The atmosphere in the group was stiff with no communication between people and between people and management. As a general rule for people who interview I suggest first to take a look around and notice as much as possible.

Interview Questions

Worked for Weill Cornell Medical College? Contribute to the Community!