Weill Cornell Medical College
www.med.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY

Weill Cornell Medical College Research Technician II Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College in May 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring was a two-tiered process. I was first interviewed by the lab's Principal Investigator (PI), then by HR at Cornell. The PI's questions were related to previous lab experience and techniques, while HR asked the more standard interview questions. All in all, everyone was very communicative and supportive throughout the process, and I have no complaints.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was related to a scientific technique that I learned a few years back, asked by the lab's PI. Mostly to check critical thinking skills and scientific acumen.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Interview Details – The interviewee must exude confidence during the interview and demonstrate a strong knowledge of life sciences. Many Principal investigators (PI) seek graduates that are either pre-med or preparing for a physicians assistant program.

Interview Question – How much experience do you have writing an NIH grant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College

Interview Details – Met with PI and the team. Everyone in the lab was nice. A week after my interview, I was sent to HR for a second interview. HR personnel asked questions irrelevant to research, and he was sarcastic and unfriendly.

Research Technician II

The process took a day - interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College in September 2009.

Interview Details – Seemed a pretty standard behavioral and individual interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager and future colleagues to determine the fit and my level of knowledge. The atmosphere in the group was stiff with no communication between people and between people and management. As a general rule for people who interview I suggest first to take a look around and notice as much as possible.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weill Cornell Medical College

Worked for Weill Cornell Medical College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weill Cornell Medical College Research Technician II interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Weill Cornell Medical College employees and interview candidates.