Weingarten Realty

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Weingarten Realty.

Interview Details – Researched the company for quick facts about what they were looking into and boasting over the internet. I wanted to have company facts to relate interview questions with to show my interest in the company. My research helped with the interview but they were more interested in my life interests than what I knew about the firm.

Interview Question – Asked why Real Estate, personal interests, and what I ultimately wanted to get out of the internship.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, received a call with the offer and accepted.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Weingarten Realty.

Interview Details – If they like your resume, HR will give you a call and conduct an on-the-spot mini phone interview. From there, they will set up a 1:1 interview at their office. I met with a few people during my interview but all 1:1.

Interview Question – What are you weaknesses?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Weingarten Realty in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was very lengthy . It took about 8 monthe from start to finish. Everyone fromtop to bottom had an opportunity to meet. greet and give there input. These meetings lasted about half an hour each. Verry Thourough?

Interview Question – How do you think?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wanted more perks

Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Weingarten Realty in May 2010.

Interview Details – Reference, Phone Interview, Group Interview, 1:1 Interview. Basic questions.

Interview Questions

Leasing Interview

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Weingarten Realty in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was a two round interview with two different people. While they asked a number of the standard business and real estate questions questions in the first round, the second was really a test of how good of a salesman you could be. Basically at first they checked you were halfway intelligent then they wanted to see how good of a cold caller you were. Although I did not get the position, they were really nice about it, responded promptly, etc. The office environment was relaxed and as far as I could tell people seemed happy there.

Interview Question – Tell me a joke.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Weingarten Realty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weingarten Realty interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Weingarten Realty employees and interview candidates.