Weis Markets Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview

First was a open interview where you get asked very basic questions. A few days later I was called in to to take a personality test where they ask you if you steal or if you take drugs in many different worded questions. Very easy with no trick questions.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. Once I got called in for an interview, they asked me a few general questions, and then offered me the job....it was pretty much a joke of an interview, and by far the easiest I've ever had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stroudsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Stroudsburg, PA).

Interview

was short and to the point, very easy, make sure and have questions to ask; shows that you are interested in the job. Great place to work. People are very encouraging.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Norriton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weis Markets (East Norriton, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very basic, nothing really caught me off guard. I was offered the same pay as my previous employer who went out of business. My advice would be to dress as a professional and be up beat and positive.

Breakout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weis Markets (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty much an instant hire. They asked no questions accept those relating to being hired. A month ealier I applied for frozen food worker, but they wanted me on breakout, so I took that instead. They were desperate, as people had been continuously leaving the position. I see why.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Weis will pretty much hire anyone they can get. They bring you in and ask you a few questions to make sure you are a decent human being that will not steal from them. If you aren't a terrible person they will hire you. Anyone can work there.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. All questions were very easy to answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Mechanicsburg, PA).

Interview

I submitted a paper application in store. About 2 weeks later I got a call to come in. Then I answered a 40 question questionnaire about drugs/violence with a 10-key pad in a room by myself. A week later they called me for an actual interview with the Front-end manager and HR. It was brief, past work experience, why I though I'd be a good fit, etc. and was offered a job on the spot. I started the next pay cycle.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is being loudly difficult when you have a long line behind them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Baker's Closer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellefonte, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Bellefonte, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Job Fair - After answering a series of questions via hand held answer device, was item interviewed by a person from Human Resources. This person asked questions like, "Do you think you would do well in this job?" And, "What hours and days can you work?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer
    • Do you handle angry people with vulgarity and or violence?   1 Answer
    • Do you think falsifying you time sheet wrong?   1 Answer
    • Do you think it's important to obey the rules?   1 Answer
    • If you had to take a drug test, would you test positive for illegal substances?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set wage. Everyone starts out as part-time and there is room for advancement. Pending the outcome of an authorized background check, will be officially offered the job.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Hackettstown, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Called in for interview about two weeks after application was submitted. Two interviews on the same day and a simple, useless aptitude test about issues such as illegal dug use and personal integrity. Orientation began less than a week after the interview and then work started about three days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that $10.00 per hour was "too high of an expectation" for Weis Markets and that my pay rate would only be $8.25 per hour. You can tell that they would pay less than minimum wage if it were legal.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview

Put in application at job fair didn't hear from anyone for 4 weeks. was interviewed 3 times before receiving very low offer and false promises. had to travel to several locations for interviews. Was hired as part time but worked full time hours without the benefits. and was ultimately cut down to less then 20 per week.

Interview Questions

• funny thing is most questions always had an anger management undertone. I suppose upper management was able to skip these questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

start a few dollars high they are use to paying PA wages. And are still lower then all other locals.