Weis Markets

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied through other source and interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview Details – Put in application at job fair didn't hear from anyone for 4 weeks. was interviewed 3 times before receiving very low offer and false promises. had to travel to several locations for interviews. Was hired as part time but worked full time hours without the benefits. and was ultimately cut down to less then 20 per week.

Interview Question – funny thing is most questions always had an anger management undertone. I suppose upper management was able to skip these questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – start a few dollars high they are use to paying PA wages. And are still lower then all other locals.

Seafood Clerk Interview

Seafood Clerk
Clarks Summit, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview Details – They will pretty much hire anyone. You just need to keep showing up until management is in. Show initiative and you will get an interview. There really isn't much more to it than being present. People tend to show up in sweatpants for it.

Interview Question – It pretty much doesn't matter what you answer. They know most people have no experience, and have a high turnover due to low pay, so as long as you don't say anything about stealing your fine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. They will pay you minimum wage for cashier, and about a quarter more if you are in the deli. Meat department pays about 10-12 an hour due to knifes.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Wellsboro, PA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview Details – Terrible! The administer a survey "tescor" that they claim is supposed to weed out the criminals/thieves/drug addicts, yet every dishonest person passes this useless survey! They are supposed to do reference checks, yet the majority of these references are falsified. During the interview process, they treat you like an inconvenience.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation of salary at all

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weis Markets in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 assistant managers. They asked a lot of standard, cookie cutter interview questions. It lasted about a half hour. This was an organized interview of all employees during a takeover of a different grocery chain. They were most interested in my experience with produce/grocery store work. One of the interviewers was eating during the interview, so it was quite casual.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They sent a letter. I signed it and returned it.

Endwell, NY

I interviewed at Weis Markets in June 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call and went in to complete an online questionnaire. Following completion of that, they called me back and I went in for an in person interview with the manager. We went over my application and resume, and then I was asked a series of basic interview questions.

Interview Question – What was the biggest problem you have ever faced at a previous job and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews

Interview Question – Nothing, it was all typical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, started at minimum wage no matter the experience

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Nanticoke, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Weis Markets in November 2011.

Interview Details – There was a call to inform you of the interview, only one in-store

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions whatsoever   Answer Question

Various Interview

Various
Endicott, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Weis Markets in December 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews-Hired.

Negotiation Details – None.

Head Cashier Interview

Head Cashier
Chambersburg, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Weis Markets in August 2013.

Interview Details – Went in for interview, about a week later went in fr orientation

Interview Question – What is the best seafood item I can cook   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation just called and asked to come in for orientation.

Cake Decorator/Bakery Associate Interview

Cake Decorator/Bakery Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the first one was at a different store than I work at. It was just to see what I was like, what I'd do in situations, and to take the personality test. The second was at the store I was to work at, and it involved the regular "What would you do if a customer.....". I had a portfolio of my past work, so they didn't need to actually physically test me on if I knew what I was doing.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had a very upset customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because I have a degree in what I'm doing they said they'd pay me 8.65/hr.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weis Markets

Worked for Weis Markets? Contribute to the Community!