WeiserMazars Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

I met with two partners as well as a member from HR. I met with them all individually for about 30 minutes each. All of the interviewers were friendly and willing to answer any questions that I had.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WeiserMazars.

Interview

2 step process. Two interviews at local office on different occasions. First interview with two senior associates and second interview with the a department partner and HR Director. They ask questions on resume as well as behavorial questions.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Tax Accountant Interview

Interview

Firm has a very difficult time finding qualified people based on the people that interview them. They prefer to hire people with incorrect experience or inexperienced people. Human resources is not familiar with the accounting profession and therefore cannot specify the need and fulfill jobs effectively.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at WeiserMazars (Edison, NJ).

Interview

The hiring process was very relaxed and professional. I interviewed with the director of HR and an Audit Manager for roughly 40 minutes a piece and then a few minutes together. Doing research about the company ahead of time proved to be beneficial. Asking relevant questions based on information from the website shows the interviewer you did your homework and show interest in the company. The interview was behavioral and I talked about just about everything that was on my resume in conversation. Know your resume inside and out, be able to talk about the most seemingly insignificant details on it as you will likely be asked something about it and need to talk about it. Overall the interview was very friendly and no hardball questions were imposed. The entire process from interview to offer took less than a day.

Interview Questions

• Why WeiserMazars instead of another mid tiered CPA firm?
      Why not big four?
      Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out?

Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

very confused and little coordination, scary old men talking a lot about themselves, no future vision, and not everyone was on the same page, got varying descriptions based on the person i spoke with, spoke to one man who turned out to be the son-in-law of one of the top tax department leaders, not professional

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

After being referred by current employee, I had an hour and a half phone interview with a partner. This was conversational and behavioral. The partner sought to determine competency, personality, and why you wanted to work for the firm.

The final round interview was an office visit with 2 one on one interviews that lasted about an hour each. These were also behavioral and conversational. Throughout both the phone and in person interviews, questions were encouraged, so be prepared with 10 or more questions that can focus on research you did on the firm, personal questions for your interviewer, or corporate culture and day to day functions.

Overall, the firm has a great corporate culture. Teamwork is emphasized, and there doesn't seem to be the internal cut throat competitive nature found at other consulting firms.

Interview Questions

The firm has a very new consulting practice (as of 12/2012) and the firm is small. I decided a small firm wasn't for me.

While everyone I met was incredibly nice and easy to get a long with, I noticed there were very few females. Other offers I received had females throughout the organization and at the Partner level.

Tax Semi-senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WeiserMazars (Woodbury, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Very informal.

Negotiation

no negotiation - no movement on offer - accept or nothing.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Perception was dynamic, lively, driven, emphasis on growth and business development. Appeared to be a lot of opportunities. Interviewer spent a lot of time appearing to try to 'sell' the Company rather than focusing on the candidate.