WeiserMazars Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at WeiserMazars

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (Edison, NJ).

Interview

The hiring process was very relaxed and professional. I interviewed with the director of HR and an Audit Manager for roughly 40 minutes a piece and then a few minutes together. Doing research about the company ahead of time proved to be beneficial. Asking relevant questions based on information from the website shows the interviewer you did your homework and show interest in the company. The interview was behavioral and I talked about just about everything that was on my resume in conversation. Know your resume inside and out, be able to talk about the most seemingly insignificant details on it as you will likely be asked something about it and need to talk about it. Overall the interview was very friendly and no hardball questions were imposed. The entire process from interview to offer took less than a day.

Interview Questions

• Why WeiserMazars instead of another mid tiered CPA firm? Why not big four? Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

After being referred by current employee, I had an hour and a half phone interview with a partner. This was conversational and behavioral. The partner sought to determine competency, personality, and why you wanted to work for the firm. The final round interview was an office visit with 2 one on one interviews that lasted about an hour each. These were also behavioral and conversational. Throughout both the phone and in person interviews, questions were encouraged, so be prepared with 10 or more questions that can focus on research you did on the firm, personal questions for your interviewer, or corporate culture and day to day functions. Overall, the firm has a great corporate culture. Teamwork is emphasized, and there doesn't seem to be the internal cut throat competitive nature found at other consulting firms.

Interview Questions

The firm has a very new consulting practice (as of 12/2012) and the firm is small. I decided a small firm wasn't for me. While everyone I met was incredibly nice and easy to get a long with, I noticed there were very few females. Other offers I received had females throughout the organization and at the Partner level.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with two audit partners separately and then met with one manager with about the same level of experience and one senior accountant. All the people I met with were positive and seemed to enjoy the work and the overall environment at the firm. The pre-interview conversations with the human resource department were positive and gave helpful information.

Interview Questions

• how have you improved or made your current audit more efficient?   Answer Question

Tax Semi-senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (Woodbury, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Very informal.

Negotiation

no negotiation - no movement on offer - accept or nothing.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Perception was dynamic, lively, driven, emphasis on growth and business development. Appeared to be a lot of opportunities. Interviewer spent a lot of time appearing to try to 'sell' the Company rather than focusing on the candidate.