Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very quick and easy interview. They told me a bit about the role, and then asked mostly generic questions about my interest in law and their organization in particular. I felt like much of the interview consisted of them complimenting my resume, and me elaborating on my achievements.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in going to law school or another graduate program in the next few years?   Answer Question

Interview

Initial call with recruiter was straightforward. I was invited for an in person interview and had to rearrange some personal commitments because they were fairly insistent about the date. I was told to arrive early and that the interview would begin promptly at the designated time and last 45 minutes and I would be meeting the HR Manager and one other individual. The interview started 15 minutes late and after 45 minutes with the HR Manager she said she wanted to see if the other person was available (wait, wasn't that already arranged?). I was asked if I could wait 15 minutes for that person. 45 minutes later that interviewer showed up and the "interview" lasted more than an hour. All totaled I was there for 3 hours. I spent a lot of my waiting time in reception area. People going through the area seemed friendly but my interview experience was not good.

Interview Questions

• In the unexpected category, Should marketing be handled in house or outsourced?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview

HR was disorganized. Salary range was required on application, and at interview, I was informed it was unrealistic. Asked if I was still interested, and I said yes because my time was already wasted. Waited around for 40 mins to speak with three junior staffers

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with this low of a salary with your qualifications?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY).

Interview

Sent resume through Indeed.com, Was interviewed via telephone about a week later then met with HR employee next day.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, the telephone interview was pretty good. I was asked several questions pertaining to education, past employment and even days that I would be available. However, when I met the HR rep in office, she seemed very disinterested and basically asked the same question that she posed over the phone. Then she asked for my writing sample and resume. Next day, I received a letter saying that I was not what they were looking for despite a great telephone interview and interviewer being "impressed" with my credentials.   1 Answer

Legal Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview

After meeting some associates at a career fair I applied for a job and then got a call saying an internship had just opened up due to the need for more help on a large project and HR representative asked if I wanted to apply for this and start here. They said it was a good opportunity for continued employment as W&L usually keeps interns on board as paralegals once they graduate.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by HR - basic questions on my resume and why I wanted to work at W&L and how I believed I could benefit the firm. Then my potential supervisor came in and interviewed me as well reiterating the same questions and also asking about my interest in the firm and probed my knowledge a bit on mass tort litigation law/industry/field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR representative called back the following Monday ( I interviewed on a Friday) and told me they wanted to extend an offer so we set up a date for me to go in and file all the documentation, discuss pay and my duties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with HR and supervisor. You have a feeling as to whether you will the job when you leave the office. One on one interviews. You can meet with several people. They want you to start immediately but work with you in some cases.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience talking with people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. I applied via LinkedIn and I was called in to meet with HR they just did a basic rundown of my experience and resume. Then I met with two of the department heads and they asked me questions about my personality, experience and why I would be a good fit for the position. All of it was pretty routine. Then I was told to wait to meet with the attorney, she was a little more intimidating, but asked routine questions and I got a call that I was hired within 30 minutes of walking out of the building. The interview process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• I can't say there was a difficult or unexpected question, everything was routine in comparison to past interviews with other companies.   Answer Question

Legal Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in person interview with HR manager and a legal assistant.

Interview Questions

• What are some difficult situations you've faced at the work place? And how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did it over the phone (Not recommended)

Estates Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I received a telephone call to set up the interview. I set up a date, and met with HR and with the supervising attorney. People in the office seemed pleasant and friendly.

Interview Questions

• While interviewing with the person from Human Resources, I was told--point blank--that it was a "young office" (I'm in my forties), and would I have a problem with that.   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. She prepped me, then I went on the interview. I meant with HR, then the dept. supervisor that I'd be working for. I was asked at the end to set up another interview for the next week. I was asked by the recruiter to pick a day and "make myself available" since they didn't have a specific time picked out, and since I was coming from Long Island. This should have been a warning sign of the unprofessionalism. I traveled to Manhattan on the selected day, spent the entire day in the city (9-6), and then I got a phone call saying they didn't want to meet with me, but they wanted to offer me the position.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.