Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C.

www.weitzandluxenberg.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. in August 2013.

Interview Details – The process was pretty simple. I applied via LinkedIn and I was called in to meet with HR they just did a basic rundown of my experience and resume. Then I met with two of the department heads and they asked me questions about my personality, experience and why I would be a good fit for the position. All of it was pretty routine. Then I was told to wait to meet with the attorney, she was a little more intimidating, but asked routine questions and I got a call that I was hired within 30 minutes of walking out of the building. The interview process was quick and painless.

Interview Question – I can't say there was a difficult or unexpected question, everything was routine in comparison to past interviews with other companies.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a senior associate with the firm. I merely submitted my resume to HR and was offered a position as a summer intern. I spoke with the head of HR for about 10 minutes on the phone as a meet and greet and that was all.

Reason for Declining – Better opportunities outside of mass tort litigation

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. in December 2012.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter. She prepped me, then I went on the interview. I meant with HR, then the dept. supervisor that I'd be working for. I was asked at the end to set up another interview for the next week. I was asked by the recruiter to pick a day and "make myself available" since they didn't have a specific time picked out, and since I was coming from Long Island. This should have been a warning sign of the unprofessionalism. I traveled to Manhattan on the selected day, spent the entire day in the city (9-6), and then I got a phone call saying they didn't want to meet with me, but they wanted to offer me the position.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview Details – Sent resume through Indeed.com, Was interviewed via telephone about a week later then met with HR employee next day.

Interview Question – To be honest, the telephone interview was pretty good. I was asked several questions pertaining to education, past employment and even days that I would be available. However, when I met the HR rep in office, she seemed very disinterested and basically asked the same question that she posed over the phone. Then she asked for my writing sample and resume. Next day, I received a letter saying that I was not what they were looking for despite a great telephone interview and interviewer being "impressed" with my credentials.   View Answer

Legal Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview Details – After meeting some associates at a career fair I applied for a job and then got a call saying an internship had just opened up due to the need for more help on a large project and HR representative asked if I wanted to apply for this and start here. They said it was a good opportunity for continued employment as W&L usually keeps interns on board as paralegals once they graduate.

Interview Question – I was interviewed by HR - basic questions on my resume and why I wanted to work at W&L and how I believed I could benefit the firm. Then my potential supervisor came in and interviewed me as well reiterating the same questions and also asking about my interest in the firm and probed my knowledge a bit on mass tort litigation law/industry/field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR representative called back the following Monday ( I interviewed on a Friday) and told me they wanted to extend an offer so we set up a date for me to go in and file all the documentation, discuss pay and my duties.

Estates Paralegal Interview

Estates Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. in February 2013.

Interview Details – I received a telephone call to set up the interview. I set up a date, and met with HR and with the supervising attorney. People in the office seemed pleasant and friendly.

Interview Question – While interviewing with the person from Human Resources, I was told--point blank--that it was a "young office" (I'm in my forties), and would I have a problem with that.   View Answer

Legal Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by an in person interview with HR manager and a legal assistant.

Interview Question – What are some difficult situations you've faced at the work place? And how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did it over the phone (Not recommended)

Very Easy Interview

DMDL Paralegal Interview

DMDL Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. in September 2012.

Interview Details – Got hired in a day from a recruiting agency

Interview Question – N/A. Human resources did not show me around. Getting hired this was was defintely a bad idea, people were nasty and human resources does not even care.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cannot negotiate on salary.

Legal Assistant?Paralegal Interview

Legal Assistant?Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. in January 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and cover letter through my school's online career center. I received a call-back for an interview about one week later. I was asked to bring in a hard-copy of my resume and a writing sample. My appointment was in the afternoon and when I reached, there was another candidate waiting to be interviewed (she ended up withdrawing her application and leaving). I filled out an application that required you to provide an account of your employment history, work history and three work references (NOT former or current supervisors).

I waited about 10-15 min and was told that I could meet with the HR manager downstairs. She 1)asked me to tell her a little bit about myself 2)why I was there 3)what I saw myself doing in a few years 4) what I knew about the company and 5)what skills i possess that would benefit the company. Then I met with the paralegal supervisor who 1)explained the available positions 2)asked me to highlight certain jobs on my resume and 3)asked if I had any questions to ask her. She said I would meet with the lead attorney, but instead I received an e-mail two weeks later saying I wasn't the right fit for the position. i was in the office for a grand total of about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. in March 2011.

Interview Details – 3 separate interviews, really low-key

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C.

Worked for Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C.? Contribute to the Community!