Welch Allyn Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.4

Senior Engineering Specialist Interview

Phone interview followed by in person, 2/3 of a day. 2 managers, 2 Mfg/Test engineers and Quality engineer. HR initially drive from corporate office, then transferred to local site.

Interview Questions
    Somewhat flexible with a mid-year merit review.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Welch Allyn.

They rushed me in multiple times including asking me to take time out of my work day and basically asking me how soon I could start. No offer but no written rejection. I called the HR manager and verbally told me they were hiring someone else. The management appeared very educated but I could not read the internal politics in limited interviews.

Interview Questions
    • None. They asked all technical questions that could be answered as I was probably over qualified   Answer Question

Factory Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skaneateles, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Welch Allyn.

had a 2 hour interview 1on1 1on2 1on2 1on3 all the same day then thay called me a few weeks later and gave me an offer

Interview Questions
    • common questions they asked about your goals our strengths are you a team player etc etc   Answer Question
    dont work here not worth it the place is a joke

Na Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Welch Allyn.

I submitted my CV through a contact. An HR recruiter contacted me within a few days to schedule a telephone interview. The telephone interview lasted about a half hour. I was then asked to come for an onsite interview. I met with 9 people over the course of 4 hours. Within a day or two I was called to schedule a second onsite interview. I met with an additional 4 people during the 2 hour second interview. Everyone was very friendly and for the most part the interviews were not difficult. They wanted me to know as much about the job and the company so I could also make the right decision for myself. I was called with an offer shortly after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe four challenges about my previous position, what was difficult about them, what I did to improve them, and the end result.   Answer Question
    The recruiter pushed for a response to the offer right away, though I asked for some time to think about it. I did some research on comparable salaries in the industry and used that information to negotiate a bit on the salary prior to accepting.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Welch Allyn in June 2013.

Phone interview. There was an initial email to schedule a phone interview and then I didn't hear back for over two weeks to finally schedule one. I had to send several emails before finally hearing from someone. Their HR person was somewhat unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know my current salary. I currently work for a non-profit and my salary does not represent what I am worth in the for-profit world (I know this from my previous employment with several large corporations).   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skaneateles, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Welch Allyn.

Welch Allyn will make you feel like this is the company you absolutely have to be a part of. They show you history, talk family values and make you feel like you will be an important factor for their future. Be careful, its all smoke and mirrors.

Interview Questions
    Was not difficult, but don't accept a low salary offer. Because you won't change jobs for most of your career you'll be stuck at that level forever.

CRA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Welch Allyn.

no Good

Not enough relocation money

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Welch Allyn in October 2012.

Applied to position through LinkedIn add. Contacted 2 days later by recruiter who screened me asking some difficult technical questions. Heard again 2 weeks later and was brought to interview. Met 5 people. Straightforward interview but quite technical. Asked a lot of the same questions during each of the interviews. Given good feedback from the recruiter but didn't have enough of experience in the end for what they required. The interview was good experience overall although it was very repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • tell me three things your boss would say about you if I spoke to them now.   Answer Question

Verification & Validation Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Welch Allyn in January 2010.

Very smooth. The position is for replacement.
    Went through 2 stages. First stage with the hiring manager and functional manager. 2nd stage with the RND Director and HR Director. Both session went well.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly on job related. Some will be on the strength and weaknesses (as commonly face in interview)   Answer Question
    Negotiation more on the salary range. Went quite smoothly also.

Sales Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Welch Allyn in May 2008.

submitted resume, phone interview, two in person interviews