Welk Resort Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014
Updated Aug 4, 2014

1.4

Associate Interview

The hiring process was lengthy; come to find out it was solely due to the inefficiency of the departments processing new-hires; HR and the R.S.O.I commented on the fact that the job posting/s, to include Welk Resorts own website career page, has an unfavorable layout for the RSO Pools/ II and has a couple of misspellings; not very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, it was comments made by the R.S.O management that through me off; there was a lot of off-putting comments about Glassdoor.   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Welk Resort Group.

The actual interview process was great. What was pleasant was the hiring process; the lack of urgency from the HR and RSO offices was off-putting. There was no real essence of having a good work ethic and it did not seem that there was any real communication between said offices.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was fare to the current market.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Welk Resort Group.

The hiring and interview process was lacking; in any REAL corporate setting, they have their act together ~ HR did not have any idea of what the department that is requiring assistance is looking for and all the information therein, the department in charge of processing access (in this specific case, the Resort Safety Office) had no idea as to the layout of an I.D. or access card and can efficiently and with a positive nature conduct said process without blaming personnel from over a year prior for not being able to gather their thoughts and appear to know what they're doing. I've worked in previous corporate settings, and at most this was the worst experience I have ever had. I had applied last year, and the associate partaking the task of access and I.D. cards was way more pleasant, kept the appointment, conducted themselves professionally, had a more presentable access card layout, had great communication skills and even brought me my access card when finished. I have been working with Welk, off and on, over the years, and by far the past representative of the RSO department that handled access and I.D. cards was one of the key essential players that helped the hiring process go smoothly.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer solely based on the deceitfulness nature of the interviewer and the lack of communication between and within the company and departments involved with the interview process; from Resort Safety to HR to general management.

RSO Pools Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Welk Resort Group.

The hiring and interview process halted at the phone interview; too shady as the Resort Safety management rep. appeared to not really have his act together. there were too many instances of bad or wrong information that contradicted the online post. you know, if you need someone because you didn't hire enough or any people to begin with..then maybe you should be more pro active.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't even really pay attention after the first question which lead me to believe i was hired over the phone.   View Answer

because of other associates actions during interview process, let me down. I'd rather work at Taco Bell.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Welk Resort Group.

The hiring and interview process was fine with my department representative, it was when it came to the management in the HR and Resort Safety office is where it went downhill for me. To keep it short, the person running the process at the Resort Safety officer, where I.D.'s and key cards are processed, was inapt to handle the task at hand; inefficient time management, below par card processing, rude representation of the department - these are some descriptions of how bad the process at that department was...anyone could walk in and get a card.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Welk Resort Group.

Hiring was a bit lengthy and consisted of multiple phone calls and in person interviews; to be expected in such a position. At first, it took a while to get any responses after the initial phone call was received. It appeared that the interviewer was very busy.

Interview Questions
    • If told to do so, could you ignore the facts and abide by what the GM instructs you to do?   View Answer
    • If you knew all the facts of an internal investigation that support the victim, could you still represent the company in a forward thinking action?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was very competitive, but I stood my ground, especially with the interview questions that were received.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Welk Resort Group.

the hiring and interview process was a bit lengthy, especially when I was told that they were short and needed help immediately. I conducted the normal follow up type phone calls and didn't really receive an answer for a couple of weeks. The assistant manager does not seem to have any real common sense and I was very confused with his interview process and reasoning.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to bring your own water?   View Answer
    • are you able to cover some ones shift/job in a last minutes notice?   View Answer

RSO I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Welk Resort Group in April 2011.

The hiring and interview process was disappointing, to say the least. The Resort Safety Office consists of a manager who did not appear to actually know anything of the corporate world let alone what it takes to be a real safety, not security, officer - the assistant manager could not, for the life of him, get his act together; he contradicted himself and information on multiple occasions and seemed desperate - and the third is the safety supervisor, no comment.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected comment, not a question actually, was by the assistant manager. The comment, paraphrased, was : I like to keep all the associates, including other departments, guessing and I like to create confusion and problems...it keeps everyone on their toes. (chuckle)
      And, then : It's better to be evil first...no one is a good person, so why not play games...it's fun and helps pass the time.
        View Answer

I declined solely based on the Representation of the Lawrence Welk Group by the Resort Safety Offices representative that conducted the interview. It was not only creepy and unprofessional but disturbing to know that the person was in a position of a managerial capacity for quite some time.

Tram Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Welk Resort Group in June 2014.

The whole process was so ridiculous and inefficient. In previous years the job was posted and hired before the summer started. This time around everything seemed to start late and the desperate nature of the interviewer was off-putting.
    I was told three different pay scales, that it would turn into a full time job, that I didn't need a passenger permit (even though the tram drives on public roads), and that it would pay more than my current job (after asking how much I was paid at that time).
    I thought I was hired from what it sounded like over the phone, but then I found out I was not.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be able to take direction from other team members as the department manager and assistant manager are sometimes not present?   View Answer
    • Are you a mechanic?   View Answer
    • How much do I make at my current position?   View Answer
    I thought I was going to get paid more than what I found out I was getting paid once I went through HR. Please communicate with departments so that you're all on the same page.

Resort Safety Officer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Welk Resort Group in June 2013.

I applied and went through the entire process; background, phone interview, personal interview, etc. I understood that this was a seasonal position, but I was told that I would probably get hired (was told over the phone) full time. I asked what the full time pay would be and I was told $11.00 and hour, but once I got the part time position, I was told different.
    Amongst other little details, I ended up quitting because I was not supplied the items as promised from the RSO Management.

I had a friend that had worked the previous summer and I had a totally opposite and negative experience; from the department manager not showing up for interviews and not returning phone calls to not showing up on the first day of my employment. I believe the hiring process took so long simply because of the inefficiency of the assistant manager of the RSO office.

Interview Questions
    • Would you tell a guest, when being grilled on an incident, if the company pays out claims?   View Answer
    Confusing, at best. I was told different pay scales over the phone and in person and all contradictory as to what was stated in the HR office.
    The negotiation phase was forever to get to because the department management wouldn't return my calls and didn't show up to two interview dates/times as agreed. I didn't receive an email or phone call as to the reschedule. Kinda weird since they sounded so desperate to get someone; as they told me that they failed to post the job in time and correctly. Who tells someone that?

Worked for Welk Resort Group? Contribute to the Community!