WellCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Human Resources Interview

Director of Human Resources
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WellCare in December 2009.

Interview Details – I initially had a phone interview scheduled with a recruiter who never called during our scheduled time. I called her, but nothing. About a month later, her supervisor called and apologized. After his involvement, I had multiple interviews. A series of phone interviews with people in FL and a day of interviews (5) with people in Chicago. This was followed by a couple more phone interviews with people who could not make the in-person sessions in Chicago. I was then flown down to FL for more interviews. In FL I met with an additional (7) people. During this process, one very senior member of the operations team mentioned changes he would like to see with the team in Chicago. This message was also relayed to me by the HR dept. People from recruiting said they would be available for assistance during the on-boarding process. I was told I would hear about next steps in a couple of days. Days went by and no call. I left multiple messages with various people and after two weeks finally a response - it will take maybe a week or week and a half longer. After nearly four weeks and additional calls that were never returned I finally received a response to an email stating: "Thanks for your interest...We are still conducting interviews." Having no communication shows a lack of professionalism and courtesy. To be silent after such an extensive interview process is not only an insult, it is bad business. As an HR professional I have always made it a practice to ensure that even those who are not successful in their search leave feeling positive and that the company I represent is one of that practices professionalism, civility and integrity. After my experiences, I can assure you, those are not the feelings I have about WellCare.

Interview Question – Questions were not unexpected - typical behavioral questions - tell me how you have done X,Y, or Z in the past.   Answer Question

Worked for WellCare? Contribute to the Community!