WellCare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.7

DSM Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellCare.

Shakey at best unprofessional set up - had several different people call.....Meeting time was changed person interviewing did not have knowledge of job. Could not answer questions about Market expectation.

Director and Manager Level IT Jobs Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WellCare in January 2015.

The most disorganized recruitment process I have ever been through.

They are one screwed up company, with a poor CIO as the leader, who has blown up nearly the entire set of managers and leaders below her, and is now trying to rebuild it. This is worse than the old adage, "rebuilding the plane in flight." In this instance, the CIO has blown the plane to smithereens and has a prayer, I guess, that she can rebuild it before it goes splat across the state of Florida. The damage she has done will take years to undo.

I applied for multiple positions at WellCare as they have a new one open nearly every day. I finally get a call from their HR department. They ask me which I applied for. I tell them the one I think they are calling about. Their response, "well, it doesn't matter, as we just stick titles on openings and we will work out the details later." Good grief, they have dropped a huge net and are just looking for bodies.

On a separate position, a recruiter calls me, and tells me that the CIO has mandated that this position must be filled by the end of the month. So, that means they will be fast tracking it. Yes, always a good way to hire people, based on an artificial timeline.

Then, for the interview - totally unstructured. Starting off by sending me to the wrong place. They are totally disorganized. Everyone I interviewed with was substantially less capable than I am, and substantially junior to me. What a joke. I was teaching them how to do interviews. This was an embarrassment to everyone.

The work environment - ugh. They said how they have really morale problems. Well, someone should try walking through their work environment. Ugly, dark, horrible cubicles, with very low walls, no privacy, lots of space, but it is all open so there is no privacy. It is terrible. I am fine with cubicles, but not how they have them set up.

Unfortunately, people do need to work, so some will go to work for this place, but frankly you should run from them. It is not going to be an enjoyable experience, and now they have changed their CEO out so all that change at that level will get reset once again...oh joy!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They have no idea how to interview people. Don't worry.   Answer Question

Read my comments - would you want to work there?

Business Analyst Interview

an onsite after one phone interview , had an onsite with 3 people, easy process but not a good experience at all!!! the company is not organized 100% , several HRs contacted with me at the same time for same questions , i was so confused for who should i contact with .

the team seems messy due to 2 of 4 were jumped the ship

Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellCare.

Interview on the phone, then received call to meet with director, then had 2 phone interviews afterwards. I have not heard back as of yet and don't know if i should call or email for an update.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

interviewed at WellCare in September 2014.

Even though I had recommendations from several current employees it took some figurative arm twisting to even get someone to talk with me. Then all they focused on was the fact that I had been away from the healthcare industry for 3 years (have been working in financial industry). Nothing I said (such as the fact that I am accredited, I am taking courses to become current in healthcare again, etc. ) mattered. In fact, the sr. VP had the gall to laugh and say he just wanted to seey face when he blew me off. So I wasted a whole day of PTO for his amusement.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellCare.

The process was solid...IF they had told the truth. In all 4 interviews, the job duties were discussed in detail and the location where I would work. At no time did any of them correct the invalid job posting NOR tell me that I would not be working full-time where promised (25 mile round-trip commute) instead of the >100 mile commute.
    I accepted lower salary based on the shorter commute.

Interview Questions
    • Aggressive about ethics, which was a joke because those interviewing me had no ethics.   View Answer
    Minor details of salary and duty location.

Care Manager RN Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellCare in July 2014.

telephone interview with recruiter, invited to have an interview in person with manager and director. The interview was very relaxed and everyone was very friendly, certainly seems like a place I could work at for a long time.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, was offered a good starting salary

Grievance Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellCare.

The interview went really well. The team seemed very knowledgeable and energetic. Very nice people. Got an job offer by the end of week. I accepted. Couple days later HR calls me and says I didn't pass background check due to driving a criminal record. They made me feel like a criminal based on what report. I felt better after reading copy of report, the offences were traffic tickets. This experience was strange!

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Questions were related to my work experience background.   Answer Question
    Yes, negotiation phase was positive.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WellCare in May 2014.

The interview was very brief which may explain why roles and responsibilities discussed was misleading. I found the interview to be overall unstructured. In hindsight, I should have opted for another organization's offer presented at the same time.

Fast.

Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at WellCare in April 2014.

Overall it was a great interview, the panelist (panel interview of 3 persons in total) were very relaxed and nice. They did raise some red flags regarding "just do your job and not run out the door when hearing the stuff around you", But, if Im offered the job I will still take based on the fact that I would have my supervisors support.