WellCare Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Senior Programmer/Analyst (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Manager (2)
- Supervisor (1)
- Actuary-Level I (1)
- Care Manager RN (1)
- Grievance Coordinator (1)
- Senior Provider Relations Representative (1)
- Network Development Specialist (1)
- New Position (1)
- Field Outreach Coordinator (1)
- Manager of Health Services (1)
- Director (1)
- Director of Human Resources (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- QA Analyst (1)
- Contracting (1)
- Social Services (1)
- Analyst (1)
- IT Manager (1)
- Senior Project Manager (1)
- Senior Marketing Analyst (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Actuarial Analyst (1)
- Actuarial Associate (1)
- Benefits Consultant (1)
- Sale Representative (1)
- Regional Marketing Manager (1)
Care Manager RN Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellCare in July 2014.
Interview Details – telephone interview with recruiter, invited to have an interview in person with manager and director. The interview was very relaxed and everyone was very friendly, certainly seems like a place I could work at for a long time.
Interview Question – how did I deal with a difficult member or situation? Answer Question
Negotiation Details – no negotiation, was offered a good starting salary
Data Analyst Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and interviewed at WellCare.
Interview Details – The process was solid...IF they had told the truth. In all 4 interviews, the job duties were discussed in detail and the location where I would work. At no time did any of them correct the invalid job posting NOR tell me that I would not be working full-time where promised (25 mile round-trip commute) instead of the >100 mile commute.
I accepted lower salary based on the shorter commute.
Interview Question – Aggressive about ethics, which was a joke because those interviewing me had no ethics. View Answer
Negotiation Details – Minor details of salary and duty location.
Grievance Coordinator Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellCare.
Interview Details – The interview went really well. The team seemed very knowledgeable and energetic. Very nice people. Got an job offer by the end of week. I accepted. Couple days later HR calls me and says I didn't pass background check due to driving a criminal record. They made me feel like a criminal based on what report. I felt better after reading copy of report, the offences were traffic tickets. This experience was strange!
Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Questions were related to my work experience background. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiation phase was positive.
Coordinator Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through college or university - interviewed at WellCare in April 2014.
Interview Details – Overall it was a great interview, the panelist (panel interview of 3 persons in total) were very relaxed and nice. They did raise some red flags regarding "just do your job and not run out the door when hearing the stuff around you", But, if Im offered the job I will still take based on the fact that I would have my supervisors support.
Sale Representative Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellCare in November 2013.
Interview Details – went to the office downtown they interview me one on on ask a verity of question . just to feel u out to make sure that u a good sale person a couple of trick question that was it
Interview Question – describe a difficult situation and how did u deal with Answer Question
Very Easy Interview
Manager of Health Services Interview (Positive Experience; Very Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare in August 2011.
Interview Details – applied online, recieved a call from a recruiter for a phone screen and then was called back for a face to face interview at a central location with 2 senior leaders.
Interview Question – Very relaxed interview Answer Question
Negotiation Details – I was surprised by the salary offered and there was no negotiation.
Senior Software Engineer Interview (Neutral Experience)
Interviewed at WellCare
Interview Details – 1. Tell me about yourself
4. Why Amazon?
5. How can you translate your skills towards Amazon?
6. What experiences do you have that separate you from the rest?
1. Tell me about a time when you were leading a group, were assigned a goal, and did not reach it
2. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how did you overcome this conflict?
3. How did your actions in a leadership role increase productivity?
4. Tell me about a time when you dealt with an employee with poor performance
5. What is your take on leadership?
6. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how you overcame this conflict?
7. What kind of roles have you done that were leadership roles?
Interview Question – Behavioral Leadership & Safety & Customer Service
1. Tell me about a time when you dealt with ambiguity?
2. How important is safety to you? Rank Customer Service, Quality, Safety
3. Do you go against a supervisor who made a decision that goes against corporate policy and is a potential safety issue for one of your employees
4. How would you handle an employee who showed up to work drunk? (not very relevant)
5. Name a time you had to convince someone to do something they did not want to do
6. Tell me about a situation where you directly impacted customer satisfaction
7. What type of leader are you? Explain your leadership style. What does it mean to be a leader?
8. How do you motivate people?
9. What did you admire most about one of your previous supervisors
1. Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it?
2. Tell me about an ethical conflict with your boss and how you’ve handled it
3. How do you deal with stress?
4. Have you ever proposed an idea to a superior and were ignored despite knowing that it would produce a positive result? How did you handle it?
5. Explain a time when you had to deal with poor job performance
6. Name a time you screwed up
7. What frustrates you
Continuous Improvement/ Problem Fixing
1. Tell me about a time when you leaned out a process
2. Tell me about a time you had a difficult job to solve
3. Walk me through a different scenario of a process you invented or improved
4. Tell me about a time you attempted to refine a process and failed
5. Give an example of a time when you found a simple solution to a seemingly difficult problem
6. How has your past experiences included lean management, six sigma, kaizen Answer Question
Benefits Consultant Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied in-person and interviewed at WellCare.
Interview Details – The interview was not anything special. They needed help and I don't think that I could have mesed it up even if I had worn short pants and cow boy boots.
Interview Question – Why couldnt we reach your college to verify your transcript? Well maybe you might want to dial the correct number. Answer Question
Regional Marketing Manager Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at WellCare in July 2012.
Interview Details – Started with an online application, then initial phone interview with HR. I was then brought in for a 1:1 interview then a second interview with several different department employees. Overall the interview process was good and I was given a good picture of the corporate structure and culture.
Interview Question – I wasn't asked any really difficult or unexpected questions. Answer Question
Senior Project Manager Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare.
Interview Details – Very informal interviews with VP and then hiring director. Most discussion focused on current project activities and that my project count might increase. The projects were all strategic in nature and there not enough project managers to handle the current load (two had resigned within the 9 months I was there working as a contractor, one more after I accepted the position).
Interview Question – None Answer Question
Negotiation Details – None, my salary request was met.
Interviews for Top Jobs at WellCare