WellCare Interview Questions & Reviews

35 interviews

2.8

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at WellCare in December 2013.

Interviewed on the phone with a director, then was brought on-site a month later for an interview day with many team members. It was an all-day interview, the questions were pretty standard, and the staff was very nice. It seemed organized as I was given a schedule ahead of time and we stuck straight to it.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with 7 different people, all who have different interview techniques. Some examples are "tell me about a time when," "why did you choose this career," "why WellCare," "take me through your resume," etc.   Answer Question

Field Outreach Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at WellCare in July 2011.

Took less than a week. Interviewed and offered position the same day.

No negotiation.

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellCare.

Very disjointed and rambling.

Interview Questions
    Get everything you can up front because it won't come later.

IT Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare.

HR interview, followed by phone screening, followed by face to face interview. I found WellCare to be extremely unprofessional. The HR person consistently failed to notify me in advance about the interview date/time and would often let me know on the day of the interview about the time saying she forgot to inform me earlier. On face to face interview many different people interviewed for 1 hr each. What was the most surprising factor was that NONE of them would go in detail about technology conversations. However, everyone was very respectful except for their VP. I found the VP most arrogant and rude. I decided after interview with him that even if they were to hire I would reject as I would never want to work under someone like him. He appeared to look for someone who would serve his orders rather than bring out the best for the company.

Interview Questions
    • None. Most of them were very high level questions without any detail in technology.   View Answer

Senior Provider Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare in July 2013.

Had 4 interviews in one month. I was scouted by a Recruiter and scheduled a phone interview with her. Then the next week a phone interview with hiring manager. Then the a face to face . Then the next week I drove 3 hours and met with another manager.

Interview Questions
    • Easy normal questions. Wanted to know how I would handle irate physicians.   View Answer
    Didn't have to negotiate. Great pay.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare in April 2009.

I came in from a staffing agency. The agency interviewed me over the phone; I was then brought in for a second interview with the agency. After these two interviews, I was told that WellCare wanted to interview me.
    WellCare had me come in for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After that interview was finished, I was called back for a second interview with the hiring manager's staff. I also met the rest of the team during this interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic. I honestly felt like the interviewers were not all that prepared...they seemed to be winging it.   Answer Question
    Pretty straightforward salary talk. I was able to negotiate a bit.

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at WellCare.

Not well coordinated. HR says one thing and IT says something else. Don't rely on the job description to match your skills to the actual position.

Interview Questions
    They lowballed me at first, but I held out and eventually came to a compromise. I always go by the rule: If you don't get it up front, you won't get it.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellCare in April 2013.

Phone Interview.

New Position Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellCare.

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who then facilitated the onsite interview. I met with 4 individuals including the hiring manager. Everyone was very nice and professional. I enjoyed speaking to everyone and had a positive impression of the company. Afterwards, I spent another 10-15 mins talking to the recruiter about how great the company is, what the benefits are, etc...I was sold! I was a great fit and optimistic I was going to be selected. A week went by and I received the generic system generated email rejection. I immediately emailed the recruiter, thanked him for the opportunity and was hoping to get some feedback. Of course I understand these things happen and they can't give you too much detail. No response. After another week, I emailed him again - I know everyone is very busy but after such a pleasant experience, being treated so courteously and having them show so much interest in me, I just needed to understand if I could have improved on something....anything! Still no reply. I don't think it's to much to ask for given that I spent almost 3 hours there. This leaves me with such a bad feeling about WellCare. Everyone says don't take it personal but being completely ignored is just about the rudest thing someone can do to you. I guess it's just a sign of the times. Even good candidates are disposable.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe where you see yourself in 30, 60, 90 days.." This is a tough one to get right especially if the position is a brand new one!   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare in November 2009.

First their is a phone interview with a member of HR. Then you will be called in to have a series of 1:1 interviews. The interview questions were pretty standard. everyone was really friendly and took time to cover all of my questions.

Interview Questions
    • You need to have a basic understanding of what a Medicare does   Answer Question