WellCare Interview Questions

1. Tell me about yourself
    2. Strengths
    3. Weaknesses
    4. Why Amazon?
    5. How can you translate your skills towards Amazon?
    6. What experiences do you have that separate you from the rest?

Groups/ Leadership
    1. Tell me about a time when you were leading a group, were assigned a goal, and did not reach it
    2. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how did you overcome this conflict?
    3. How did your actions in a leadership role increase productivity?
    4. Tell me about a time when you dealt with an employee with poor performance
    5. What is your take on leadership?
    6. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how you overcame this conflict?
    7. What kind of roles have you done that were leadership roles?

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Leadership & Safety & Customer Service
      1. Tell me about a time when you dealt with ambiguity?
      2. How important is safety to you? Rank Customer Service, Quality, Safety
      3. Do you go against a supervisor who made a decision that goes against corporate policy and is a potential safety issue for one of your employees
      4. How would you handle an employee who showed up to work drunk? (not very relevant)
      5. Name a time you had to convince someone to do something they did not want to do
      6. Tell me about a situation where you directly impacted customer satisfaction
      7. What type of leader are you? Explain your leadership style. What does it mean to be a leader?
      8. How do you motivate people?
      9. What did you admire most about one of your previous supervisors

Negativity
      1. Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it?
      2. Tell me about an ethical conflict with your boss and how you’ve handled it
      3. How do you deal with stress?
      4. Have you ever proposed an idea to a superior and were ignored despite knowing that it would produce a positive result? How did you handle it?
      5. Explain a time when you had to deal with poor job performance
      6. Name a time you screwed up
      7. What frustrates you

Continuous Improvement/ Problem Fixing
      1. Tell me about a time when you leaned out a process
      2. Tell me about a time you had a difficult job to solve
      3. Walk me through a different scenario of a process you invented or improved
      4. Tell me about a time you attempted to refine a process and failed
      5. Give an example of a time when you found a simple solution to a seemingly difficult problem
      6. How has your past experiences included lean management, six sigma, kaizen

Answer Question

Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at WellCare.

The interview was not anything special. They needed help and I don't think that I could have mesed it up even if I had worn short pants and cow boy boots.

Interview Questions
    • Why couldnt we reach your college to verify your transcript? Well maybe you might want to dial the correct number.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellCare.

Very informal interviews with VP and then hiring director. Most discussion focused on current project activities and that my project count might increase. The projects were all strategic in nature and there not enough project managers to handle the current load (two had resigned within the 9 months I was there working as a contractor, one more after I accepted the position).

Interview Questions
    None, my salary request was met.

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WellCare in December 2013.

Interviewed on the phone with a director, then was brought on-site a month later for an interview day with many team members. It was an all-day interview, the questions were pretty standard, and the staff was very nice. It seemed organized as I was given a schedule ahead of time and we stuck straight to it.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with 7 different people, all who have different interview techniques. Some examples are "tell me about a time when," "why did you choose this career," "why WellCare," "take me through your resume," etc.   Answer Question

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellCare in November 2013.

went to the office downtown they interview me one on on ask a verity of question . just to feel u out to make sure that u a good sale person a couple of trick question that was it

Interview Questions
    • describe a difficult situation and how did u deal with   Answer Question

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellCare.

Very disjointed and rambling.

Interview Questions
    Get everything you can up front because it won't come later.

IT Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WellCare.

HR interview, followed by phone screening, followed by face to face interview. I found WellCare to be extremely unprofessional. The HR person consistently failed to notify me in advance about the interview date/time and would often let me know on the day of the interview about the time saying she forgot to inform me earlier. On face to face interview many different people interviewed for 1 hr each. What was the most surprising factor was that NONE of them would go in detail about technology conversations. However, everyone was very respectful except for their VP. I found the VP most arrogant and rude. I decided after interview with him that even if they were to hire I would reject as I would never want to work under someone like him. He appeared to look for someone who would serve his orders rather than bring out the best for the company.

Interview Questions
    • None. Most of them were very high level questions without any detail in technology.   View Answer

Senior Provider Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellCare in July 2013.

Had 4 interviews in one month. I was scouted by a Recruiter and scheduled a phone interview with her. Then the next week a phone interview with hiring manager. Then the a face to face . Then the next week I drove 3 hours and met with another manager.

Interview Questions
    • Easy normal questions. Wanted to know how I would handle irate physicians.   View Answer
    Didn't have to negotiate. Great pay.

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WellCare.

Not well coordinated. HR says one thing and IT says something else. Don't rely on the job description to match your skills to the actual position.

Interview Questions
    They lowballed me at first, but I held out and eventually came to a compromise. I always go by the rule: If you don't get it up front, you won't get it.

New Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellCare.

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who then facilitated the onsite interview. I met with 4 individuals including the hiring manager. Everyone was very nice and professional. I enjoyed speaking to everyone and had a positive impression of the company. Afterwards, I spent another 10-15 mins talking to the recruiter about how great the company is, what the benefits are, etc...I was sold! I was a great fit and optimistic I was going to be selected. A week went by and I received the generic system generated email rejection. I immediately emailed the recruiter, thanked him for the opportunity and was hoping to get some feedback. Of course I understand these things happen and they can't give you too much detail. No response. After another week, I emailed him again - I know everyone is very busy but after such a pleasant experience, being treated so courteously and having them show so much interest in me, I just needed to understand if I could have improved on something....anything! Still no reply. I don't think it's to much to ask for given that I spent almost 3 hours there. This leaves me with such a bad feeling about WellCare. Everyone says don't take it personal but being completely ignored is just about the rudest thing someone can do to you. I guess it's just a sign of the times. Even good candidates are disposable.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe where you see yourself in 30, 60, 90 days.." This is a tough one to get right especially if the position is a brand new one!   Answer Question