WellCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Field Outreach Coordinator Interview

Field Outreach Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at WellCare in July 2011.

Interview Details – Took less than a week. Interviewed and offered position the same day.

Interview Question – None, typical S.T.A.R questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer/Analyst
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellCare.

Interview Details – Very disjointed and rambling.

Interview Question – As a 'contract for hire' this really didn't apply   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Get everything you can up front because it won't come later.

Very Easy Interview

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare.

Interview Details – HR interview, followed by phone screening, followed by face to face interview. I found WellCare to be extremely unprofessional. The HR person consistently failed to notify me in advance about the interview date/time and would often let me know on the day of the interview about the time saying she forgot to inform me earlier. On face to face interview many different people interviewed for 1 hr each. What was the most surprising factor was that NONE of them would go in detail about technology conversations. However, everyone was very respectful except for their VP. I found the VP most arrogant and rude. I decided after interview with him that even if they were to hire I would reject as I would never want to work under someone like him. He appeared to look for someone who would serve his orders rather than bring out the best for the company.

Interview Question – None. Most of them were very high level questions without any detail in technology.   View Answer

Senior Provider Relations Representative Interview

Senior Provider Relations Representative
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had 4 interviews in one month. I was scouted by a Recruiter and scheduled a phone interview with her. Then the next week a phone interview with hiring manager. Then the a face to face . Then the next week I drove 3 hours and met with another manager.

Interview Question – Easy normal questions. Wanted to know how I would handle irate physicians.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate. Great pay.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare in April 2009.

Interview Details – I came in from a staffing agency. The agency interviewed me over the phone; I was then brought in for a second interview with the agency. After these two interviews, I was told that WellCare wanted to interview me.
WellCare had me come in for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After that interview was finished, I was called back for a second interview with the hiring manager's staff. I also met the rest of the team during this interview.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty basic. I honestly felt like the interviewers were not all that prepared...they seemed to be winging it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward salary talk. I was able to negotiate a bit.

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer/Analyst
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at WellCare.

Interview Details – Not well coordinated. HR says one thing and IT says something else. Don't rely on the job description to match your skills to the actual position.

Interview Question – Questions not particularly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They lowballed me at first, but I held out and eventually came to a compromise. I always go by the rule: If you don't get it up front, you won't get it.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellCare in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview.

Interview Question – Why did you choose actuarial science?   Answer Question

New Position Interview

New Position

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellCare.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who then facilitated the onsite interview. I met with 4 individuals including the hiring manager. Everyone was very nice and professional. I enjoyed speaking to everyone and had a positive impression of the company. Afterwards, I spent another 10-15 mins talking to the recruiter about how great the company is, what the benefits are, etc...I was sold! I was a great fit and optimistic I was going to be selected. A week went by and I received the generic system generated email rejection. I immediately emailed the recruiter, thanked him for the opportunity and was hoping to get some feedback. Of course I understand these things happen and they can't give you too much detail. No response. After another week, I emailed him again - I know everyone is very busy but after such a pleasant experience, being treated so courteously and having them show so much interest in me, I just needed to understand if I could have improved on something....anything! Still no reply. I don't think it's to much to ask for given that I spent almost 3 hours there. This leaves me with such a bad feeling about WellCare. Everyone says don't take it personal but being completely ignored is just about the rudest thing someone can do to you. I guess it's just a sign of the times. Even good candidates are disposable.

Interview Question – "Describe where you see yourself in 30, 60, 90 days.." This is a tough one to get right especially if the position is a brand new one!   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellCare in November 2009.

Interview Details – First their is a phone interview with a member of HR. Then you will be called in to have a series of 1:1 interviews. The interview questions were pretty standard. everyone was really friendly and took time to cover all of my questions.

Interview Question – You need to have a basic understanding of what a Medicare does   Answer Question

Network Development Specialist Interview

Network Development Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at WellCare in September 2008.

Interview Details – Staffing agency conducted background and drug testing. Group panel interview with department team.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation