WellPoint Customer Care Representative I Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2013.

It started off with a call from the recruiter in the Virginia office and then progressed to an in person interview in the OP office. The recruiter in VA did a lot of explaining and I listened a lot and in the in person interview I was the one that did the majority of the talking.

Other Interview Reviews for WellPoint

Customer Care Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2014.

Was advised to complete an assessment prior to be called for an interview. Whole process took about two weeks. Interviewed with 3 people in an office; team lead, supervisor, and director of the department.

Customer Care Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Easy interview to check baseline communication abilities. Was far overdressed for the position. Hiring process very easy, although background and offer were delayed by 2 weeks during holidays. Telephone screening was awkward, but just an overview of the position and timeline. They sent emails to schedule, and called to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in October 2012.

Online computer assessment completed first. Then a very detailed online application had to be filled out. Then I was called for an interview. I was very impressed with the interviewers. 2 Managers conducted the interview and they really made me think with their questions. They asked questions about specific situations and how I handled them. Now, Ive been offered a position, and I am going through the background check process

Interview Questions
    • When I noticed a problem in my previous job, what steps did I take to fix it and why?   Answer Question
    Haven't been through it yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in November 2010.

I applied online, probably about 4 or 5 times and finally I recieved an email to take a skills test online. The skills test consisted of a virtual call where I was required to answer customers call and give the best answer for what they needed. If you have ever worked in a call center before its pretty easy. If you have not you should speak with someone who has before taking the test and then answer the questions to the best of your ability. (Pretend your the customer what would you want a customer service rep to say to you). I waited about a week and recieved another email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time . . ." The lady on the phone had no personality and I thought I had bombed it but I got a call about a week asking if I could come in for another interview. I went in the next day and completed a 2:1 interview which consisted of more behavioral questions. I think it went great but of course I cant be sure. They have to do a background check, she told me when the position started and that I would be hearing something either way it went. So now im just waiting. The background check is through Hire Right and I know from personal experience that they are a little unorganized so i'm currently at there mercy.

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time that a supervisor or manager gave you feedback and how did you take it?   View Answer

Customer Care Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at WellPoint in October 2011.

I had a phone interview, had prepared for it extensively and was looking forward to it. It started out good, even though the interviewer spoke in a monotone. She went over the basics of the job, she was not sure of the exact training process, and then told me what the salary was, which was much lower than what I had been making. However, I tried to keep an open mind. I asked her if she could tell me a little more about the job---- she interrupted me and said that she would asking the questions and would not be giving me any more information. I ended the interview at that point. She was stammering as I hung up on her.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to sit at a desk all day, taking sucessive phone calls?   View Answer

Customer Care Representative I Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2011.

The interview process was great. After the application process the phone interview was the first step. The phone interview was good, very professional without being stuffy. I was told I would be hearing about the local in person interview in approximately 1 week but I heard in 2 days. That interview was great it was a panel interview with 2 HR reps. I was thrilled with the security protocol at the office building and I said so. The interview was again professional without being stuffy each person asked questions and took notes. They then gave me literature to read and excused themselves to discuss their notes. They came back after a few minutes and spoke with me about the many avenues for advancement with the company they asked if there were any questions that they had not addressed and together they walked me out. I felt great about the interview. Then the background check started and I received email and calls from a company that I had not been told would be calling me, asking for very specific sensitive info ie: tax returns, so I questioned this by calling the recruiter who told me that it was legitimate so I furnished the info but I felt as if some of it was info they should not have gone through me to get, but I provided it to move that part of the process along. That was over a week ago and I have not heard either way from the company. I am disappointed I sat in the lobby waiting for my interview. as I was early, and watched the employee's they all seemed happy and relaxed. The office building was large and bright with alot of natural light and very clean. Parking lot was large and well lit with a specific parking area for 2nd shift workers up close to the door. It gave every appearance of a company that cared about it's employee's.

Interview Questions
    • If money didn't matter and there were no obstacles what would be your dream job?   View Answer

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!