WellPoint

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – Interview was a manager reading from her list of questions, she was distracted, brought along a subordinate to take notes??? after the mgr left the room for a brief break, whatever that was, the girl started telling me about her life. weird

Interview Question – none, expected standard textbook questions, pro's con's, talk about a time when you??those type questions, nothing you can't find on website.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was none, they called on the phone and said bottom line this is it

Melville, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at WellPoint in February 2012.

Interview Details – interview with human resource manager and then a second interview with the department manager.

Interview Question – how to deal with irate customer   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process involves a recruiter

Interview Question – There were not any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. I received an offer letter from the recruiter and accepted it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Newbury Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted RESUME, heard back 2 weeks, next they had me take a job-like CHAT online test and next day I was scheduled for Phone Interview. Next morning contacted by HR (no email as I was told, no waiting 7 days as I was told) and the Phone Interview/screener is actually a screener from another Company who goes thru the motions on questions about the position. Tells you that this job pays $14.02 per hour, no more, no less, will you accept that. Kind of a robot, but you get an immediate survey on how the phone interviewer treated you. Talk about over doing it, anyways, I was granted an onsite interview the next day and given a choice of immediately the next morning, or the morning after that. Upon practically being told I had the job, they decided to change the job description to BILINGUAL. They did continue to send me other job opportunities from the Talent Acquisition Team. - Protocol very professional, but the TEAM doesn't know what their doing as far as needs based on OBAMACARE in California I believe. Facility is very nice, manager that interviewed me very nice as well. His hands are tied as to the constant changes, but the job required only 1-2 years experience in CSR, I had over 25 and felt I was over-qualified, but the BENEFITS are to die for at WELLPOINT, that makes it all worth it.

Interview Question – What did you do when confronted with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and shortly after was sent a link for a test. They were not difficult. The next day I was sent a link to pick a phone interview time. A man called and the interview lasted 30 min. The first questions were pre-lim questions and the last three were scenario. Within a few hours I was asked to schedule an in person interview.

Interview Question – None...they were all standard. Ex..Tell me a time when you went beyond your duty to calm a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for the highest rate in their range due to my experience.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in October 2011.

Interview Details – all online. just a series of online question and answer. Outside company does all the hiring.

Interview Question – none. Hiring is as disorganized as the company itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You want the job? Yes? ok start in 2 weeks.

Fond du Lac, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2012.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview from a recruiter. Second was another phone interview with some scenario questions. The last step was an interview at the office location.

Interview Question – Was given a scenario that related to an emergency, scared me a bit but got through the question fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations in wage. I was offered my initial salary.

Worthington, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at WellPoint in March 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and answered the job specific questions online. Received a phone call the next day and had an interview the following day. Human Resources called me a few days later and offered me the position.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in December 2011.

Interview Details – was already an employee there . You submit your application and then have a phone interview, which is then followed up by a group interview. They do an extensive background check and then you ethier get an orfer or not. The whole process took about a month for me. The interview was semi difficult. Lots of what would you do questions./

Interview Question – Name the 3 most important aspects of a team.   Answer Question

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a couple of positions, including Customer Service Representative and Administrative Assistant. I meet all the qualifications for both positions, although the CSR position did not pay as much as I would have liked, it is better than most at $14.00 an hour to start. I applied online. During the online application I was directed to a test site to take a sort of general customer service test - it asked questions like how when is it ok to bend the rules (never), what would you do if another employee was stealing from the company (report it) and how would you handle an angry customer (offer all accomodations the company policy allows, and if customer still not satisfied, refer them to my supervisor). Apparently these were the correct answers because I received an email within 2 days asking me to pick a time for a telephone interview. A couple of days later I took the telephone interview - I was asked questions about my work experience and skills (data entry, handling telephone calls, MS Offfice programs). The interviewer seemed enthusiastic and set up an in-person interview for the next week.
The in-person interview consisted of 2 people in a conference room. They were polite, but did not seem as enthusiastic as they were on the telephone. I got the impression they were expecting someone younger, however my experience should have made my age (over 50) pretty obvious. (On the advise of my current employment agency, I have cut the first 15 years of my work history from my resume). They asked me most of the same questions I was asked over the telephone, the gave me a short written test similar to the one I took online and thanked me for coming. They did not ask if I had any questions or bother to tell me much about the position. I think they pretty much made up their minds as soon as they met me. About a month later I got a rejection e-mail.

A few weeks later I signed with a local employment agency, they were trying to fill the same position at Wellpoint and said they were going to submit my information - they also thought my skills were exactly what Wellpoint was looking for - but I was again rejected.

My background is clean & my previous employer says that she has responded positively to all imquiries. Overall, I thought the interview process was easy, but it may be that I was given a "cursory" version. I thought I was pretty nice, but maybe they just did not like me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you discovered a co-worker was stealing from the company?   View Answer
  • How ofter is it ok to be late to work?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at WellPoint

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees and interview candidates.