WellPoint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Health Outreach Specialist Lead Interview

Health Outreach Specialist Lead
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – The panel interview is a behavioral interview. You should know the core values of the company, and be able to think of incidents in your past where you demonstrated the core values. You should demonstrate an eagerness to be part of the company and be excited about the business. When they ask you if you have any questions, have some prepared. The questions should be about the business, how it works, and about opportunities to move up in the company.

Interview Question – I can't remember specific questions. The question about core values would have tripped me up because I didn't have it memorized, but someone clued me before the interview, so I wrote them down.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not feel a need to negotiate. I felt that my manager at the time made a fair offer.

Membership Representative Interview

Membership Representative
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2013.

Interview Details – I went to interview at WellPoint and they communicated with me on the position and didn't suprise me with new information about the job. When the interview finally took place she asked if I was comfortable and we proceeded with the interview. The experience was pleasant and I was able to understand her questions well. The interview process is great and in my opinion I believe well point is a great company to work for. Also, they got back to me within one day with a job offer.

Interview Question – What projects or assignment have you had that failed and what would you do differently for a better outcome.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and shortly after was sent a link for a test. They were not difficult. The next day I was sent a link to pick a phone interview time. A man called and the interview lasted 30 min. The first questions were pre-lim questions and the last three were scenario. Within a few hours I was asked to schedule an in person interview.

Interview Question – None...they were all standard. Ex..Tell me a time when you went beyond your duty to calm a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for the highest rate in their range due to my experience.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Representative II Interview

Customer Care Representative II
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Two days later received an email to take a skills test. The skills test consisted of virtual customer service calls with a dashboard on your computer in which I had to select the correct answers. The next day received an email with interview slots available. I selected one. The WellPoint person contacted me and asked a series of questions such as (1) Training last 6-8 weeks. Are you available to attend every session? (2) Hours are 6:45am-5pm and some overtime and weekend. Are you willing to work those hours? (3) How much are you expecting in pay?.....this is where we stopped

Interview Question – (1) The virtual testing was the most difficult.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay range is $13-$15/hour. The guy who interviewed me was a huge jerk when I said I would accept $15 but not less. He said I had to be willing to accept the range. I said with my extensive background and experience that would not work. The impression I got from this guy was that WellPoint must be a very controlling environment. He was very condescending. I would not recommend this company unless you are truly desperate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint interview questions and advice in Denver, CO. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees and interview candidates.