WellPoint Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Applied online and received email from hiring manager a few weeks later. Interview took over 1 hour and also interviewed with another team member. Interview process was pleasant, wanted to get to know me as a person and gave a lot of insight to position, more than trying to grill me on my skills (had knowledge of my kills in resume), so it was a great, non-rigourous experience. Contact with HR until offer was presented. Background check was fast, took 4 days and HR very professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to provide real world examples of your work experience.
      Since it was phone interview, I created flash cards so I could quickly highlight accomplishments so conversation flows and in case I got nervous and forgot.
      Have previous employment dates, graduation dates, pay rate (yes, they even check pay rate, although most past employers don't provide that info but some do) readily accessible for background check.
      The most difficult part was waiting for the final decision, it took about 14 days so be patient and don't stress out (like I did).
      Overall, possibly the best interview experience I've ever had.
        Answer Question
    Offer and incentive were fair, no need to negotiate.

Customer Care Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worthington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Very easy. Applied online, received link to take assessments. Once passed, an on-site interview was scheduled. Description of position, compensation, and benefits during interview, easy questions. Received call back with offer after two weeks.

Interview Questions
    None. Schedule is set and pay is based off experience.

Claims Representative (Health/Dental) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

intially i submitted my application online. The following day i received an email saying my application was aknowledged (as expected). The next day i received another email ( much to my suprise because i have heard wellpoint takes FOREVER to go through the hiring process) this email was asking me to take a comouterized assesment of my skills ( simple questions, nothing too draining). MUCH to my suprise i recieved ANOTHER email the following day stating that wellpoint has authorized me to complete the "hireRight employment application". That very same day i was asked to schedule my phone interview which is currently scheduled for this wednesday. - this is just a little insight on the hiring process. i know i havent found much on wellpoint yet, so this should put some of you at ease knowing what others have gone through thus far. i clicked no i did not get the offer becaquse i have yet to recieve even my interview.

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Applied for the job on a Wednesday, received a call to schedule an interview on Thursday for the following Monday. My interview was Monday at 3pm however I received an email Monday at 11:30am stating that I wasn't selected to move forward as a final candidate. It made me feel the company was unorganized. The interview wasn't conventional at all, it was all over the place and I felt it didn't cover my experience or who I was as a person.

Interview Questions
    • I have 8 balls all the same color and size one is a grain of salt heavier. Using a balancing scale and only two opportunities to figure out which is the heaviest; how would you figure it out.   View Answer

Business Change Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at WellPoint.

The first contact was by the recruiter stating my resume was forwarded to the hiring manager. The hiring manager contacted me fairly quickly a few days later to set up a formal interview. I arrived at the location on time and had to check in at the security desk. The interview process went well with only the hiring manager and lasted about 1 hour. The manager was very nice and pleasant. The questions were very straightforward with no surprises. Overall, the experience more than met my expectations.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were Project related questions. Tell me about a project you were working on with a difficult experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Clinical Program Director Interview

Interviewed and Hired over the phone with multiple people through out the country. Some of the interviews were groups of leaders that were wanting to see if I had what they needed. It was interesting in that I could not see them or facial reactions and had to go by tone of voice. Once I accepted it then took awhile to get all the paper work completed for the company the use called "Right Hire" - I was on vacation trying to complete everything they wanted. Did accomplish getting it done and hired while I was on vacation.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was trying to understand they were wanting to put in a new program in my market and wanted someone with start up experience. Once I understood what they were looking for ite went very smoothly.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in May 2014.

Don't get your hopes up. I went through the process TWICE with WellPoint, was told I was a final candidate, had several interviews, met several people, took time off work, juggled my schedule -- only to be told the position had been knocked down to a lower level and I was no longer a candidate. They seem super unorganized in relation to hiring.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The manager called me directly. I never had to deal with a recruiter screen. We had a pleasant conversation and talked about my skills and the role. I had an interview with a member of her team the following day. This interview was more technical and related to my specific skills. An offer was extended within a few days and was exactly what I wanted. The whole process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. They asked specific questions about my skills and experience and I gave honest answers. They did not ask behavioral or personality questions.   Answer Question
    An offer was extended. I tried to negotiate, but was told the offer was already above market standards and was fair. That was very true, but it was still worth a shot. Wp pays extremely fair rates.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2014.

hiring process seem quite simple one one on one interview with the company phone interview phone enactment. know how you east easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy

Consumer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

I had originally applied for a lower-paying customer service role in Colorado. After you apply, you receive an email for a computer assessment. (within 2-3 days after applying) I passed the assessment and received an email to setup a phone interview with a recruiter. If you pass that, you receive an email if you'll be contacted. I was contacted by the hiring manager. During my interview with her, she recommended a position in Indianapolis that also paid 7 dollars more per hour. I had to do an assessment, and after completing the assessment I was pretty much guaranteed the job. I start on August 18th!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you realized you had made a mistake, what you did that fixed it, and what you learned for the next time.   Answer Question
    Was so happy with the process, I did not want to attempt to gain more money. Can't be too greedy!

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!