WellPoint Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.7

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WellPoint (Columbus, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, email for phone interview, after was told to keep checking email for next step. I was told next step would be face to face interview. As of right now I'm currently checking email everyday to see can I get the face to face interview .

Senior Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview/screen with hiring manager followed by an interview with some potential co-workers. Did not have to wait too long for the result. Overall not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Hoe do you handle a situation in which you have no information to give but are required to do so anyway?   Answer Question

Senior Technology Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at WellPoint.

Interview

My interview was 8 years ago, so process has changed since then I suppose. First interview was by phone, then they asked me to fly here for a second in person interview. I was interviewed by a panel consisting of the lady who would be my manager and 3 other managers from the same department. They asked great questions, there was wonderful synergy between us, my references checked out and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My manager told me that she was limited to a specific dollar amount, that she knew it was on the low side and would make it up to me at raise time. She was as good as her word.

Business Change Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

Interview

I applied and recieved an initial call from a recruiter, then about two days later heard from the hiring manager. THe interview was very standard and pleasant. There were standard questions regarding my employment history and scenarios relative to critical and analytic thinking, as well as a writing test

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in December 2014.

Interview

After applying, they emailed an assessment that contained three parts. After that assessment, an email arrived to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was an operator asking detailed questions about yourself, salary expectations, previous employment, etc. After, another email was received to schedule a panel interview. Upon panel interview, employment offer was given.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Low pay for my experience and education.

Utilization Review, Rm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I have an interview tomorrow with WellPoint for the UR position. I'm kin of nervous since I intentionally interviewed for a case management position, but they had a hiring freeze.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

56-60k

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager who was friendly and very personable, made me feel comfortable from the very beginning which made the process less stressful. I was asked basic questions about my experience and industry knowledge as well as software applications. Was also given hypothetical scenarios to see how I deal with coworkers/members. Met with a 2nd person immediately and read a paragraph in Spanish, answered more hypotheticals.

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint (Manchester, NH) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was for telephone interview. Interview was friendly and non- confrontational. Primary interest was specific medical background and board certification, and level of interest in the position. General description of the position also covered, but details not known.

Interview Questions

• Are you board certified by ABMS? What license's do you currently have? Would you have any trouble obtaining another state license? Are you interested in specific attributes of this job?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

on campus recruiting. Half an hour interview with a very nice and easy going interviewer. Asking about strengths and weaknesses, why i want to work for them and why i want to enter the industry. Tell them about team play and leadership experiences.

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint (Nashville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview with mostly coming from the same questions on the application. Then I was told I would receive another call for an interview. I went to that interview and was told it would be another week before a decision was made. The next step would be for the hiring manager to send my information to a recruiter. I wasn't told if there would be another interview after that.