WellPoint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Appeals and Grievance Representative I Interview

Appeals and Grievance Representative I
Mason, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – There will be 3-4 people in the room to interview you. Interview was pretty easy but be prepared to write a paragraph. They want to see your writing skills and whether you have good grammar. Overall the hiring process was very professional.

Interview Question – Name 4 weaknesses .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate for a higher salary the job can be very demanding when it comes to overtime.

Intern II Interview

Intern II

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at WellPoint in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and 3 in-office interviews with Vice Presidents, Directors, and Managers from HR and Commercial Business. Interviews were very relaxed and conversational. Most questions were regarding my motivations to apply for the role and experiences on my resume. BE SURE TO RESEARCH & MEMORIZE ALL YOU CAN ABOUT THE COMPANY. Showing that you did your research will set you apart moreso with this company than if you were to do the same for other companies.

Interview Question – The only "difficult" questions were the situational questions which you would hear from any other company. Nothing exceptionally difficult here, at least in my experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hourly pay for interns seems to be high above market and are non-negotiable.

Individual Sales Representative Interview

Individual Sales Representative
Chantilly, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fast; two phone interviews and a face to face. Extremely long phone interviews. 45 minutes or longer. Director was arrogant and pushy in his demeanor on the phone and in person. I was expecting the friendly Blue Cross Blue Shield approach, but that was not what I got. It was more of a churn and burn process.

Interview Question – Can you make 100 calls every day?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Commission and salary were extremely vague. This company has a very high layoff rate.

Nurse Reviewer Interview

Nurse Reviewer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at WellPoint in May 2014.

Interview Details – Testing phone and one on one interview great recruiter will be working contract for six months then hired if meet expectations, productivity and quality standards. Look forward to working with the group and seeing what they have to offer in the way of career advancement. Understand from interview there are good opportunities for promotion and advancement.

Interview Question – Handling irate customers, phone conversations   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Claims Examiner
Middletown, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – You will get a phone call from a third party company asking you 5 bazillion questions, then another call with far less questions then you will get a call for the personal interview which in my case was pretty easy considering I had already been on over 50 interviews and I was 15 years older than the interviewer.

Interview Question – None really but again I had been on so many and I enjoy sales, most came pretty easy. I do love the "where do you see yourself five years from now" question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You either accept or don't. At the time I was already out of work fora year and eight months so I had to take it to get back in the race.

Security Provisioning Analyst Interview

Security Provisioning Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – I was started as a contractor when the company decided to insourse the department. The interview process for that was a simple one. Just to get to know the people who were going to be brought in.

Interview Question – For this interview, we didn't really have any difficult questions to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – Three stage interview. First contact was by phone to schedule a face-to-face interview. Initial face-to-face interview was with a manager and lead. Typical interview questions were asked (What are your strengths/weaknesses? How would yo describe yourself? Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it). Second interview was a phone interview with the higher ups. Similar questions were asked. The third interview was a face-to-face interview. More information about the position was shared.

Interview Question – What would you do if I handed you my credit card and said go get me lunch?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary a bit. The initial offer was low. I suggested a higher range with justification and got a $4,300 increase.

Case Specialist Interview

Case Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager and was introduced to tie CEO an had a written odder 2 days latter

Interview Question – My weekness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with the offer.

Business Analyst III Interview

Business Analyst III

I applied online and interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – I am now getting contacted by recruiters for all Jobs applied for as staff positions at end of 2013 for which I got email stating position is no longer open.

Interview Question – Can you be available on weekends or holidays once a Quarter or once a month?   View Answer

Business Process Consultant Interview

Business Process Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – Interview, Case Study, and formal HR offer.

Interview Question – Case Study and Case questions in the interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at WellPoint

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint interview questions and advice. All 130 interview reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees and interview candidates.