WellPoint

Getting the Interview

123 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – Three stage interview. First contact was by phone to schedule a face-to-face interview. Initial face-to-face interview was with a manager and lead. Typical interview questions were asked (What are your strengths/weaknesses? How would yo describe yourself? Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it). Second interview was a phone interview with the higher ups. Similar questions were asked. The third interview was a face-to-face interview. More information about the position was shared.

Interview Question – What would you do if I handed you my credit card and said go get me lunch?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary a bit. The initial offer was low. I suggested a higher range with justification and got a $4,300 increase.

Business Analyst III Interview

I applied online and interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – I am now getting contacted by recruiters for all Jobs applied for as staff positions at end of 2013 for which I got email stating position is no longer open.

Interview Question – Can you be available on weekends or holidays once a Quarter or once a month?   View Answer

Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – Interview, Case Study, and formal HR offer.

Interview Question – Case Study and Case questions in the interview.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strategic Sourcing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – Pretty normal first round interview with a strategic sourcing consultant, followed by an interesting case study. In the process of final round interview with two sourcing managers.

Interview Question – Why strategic sourcing?   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Business Analyst II
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at WellPoint in March 2014.

Interview Details – My phone interview was arranged by a staffing company. It was for a temporary position so the interviewer got right to the point and asked me to describe my experience with reporting and query language, it only lasted about 10-15minutes. I'm guessing it would be longer/more questions if it weren't for a temporary position.

Interview Question – Interviewer only really asked one question for this temp position, which wasn't difficult or unexpected. "Please describe your experience with reporting in access and SQL."   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WellPoint in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process were professionally handled. No negative observations.

Interview Question – Are you able to manage political bureaucracy effectively?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, based on unique talent skill-set and location.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

Interviewed at WellPoint

Interview Details – Two in person interviews

Interview Question – Data analyst technical questions   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at WellPoint in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, no referral or other internal contact. Was approached for the first interview 3 days later, 2nd interview the day after that. I was contacted by the hiring manager 2 days after my 2nd interview with a verbal offer and got my formal offer the day after that. Background check was very fast (2 days), I was told it would take 2 weeks. I requested one round of review on the salary, but was advised there was no room to negotiate at this time, and I accepted the offer. The miss-communication on the length of time for the background check resulted in a delay of my ultimate start date, but allowed me to give my old employer 3 weeks notice.

Interview Question – The interview process was very straight forward and direct. This was a very good match and I think we both realized that very early on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I requested one round of review on the salary, but was advised there was no room to negotiate at this time, and I accepted the offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in March 2010.

Interview Details – Started off as a contractor to hire position. Then applied for the permanent position when supervisor posted.

Negotiation Details – Was asked for a salary range and gave the range. The amount was what I expected so I accepted the offer.

Strategic Sourcing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – 30 minute phone call asking basic questions like walk me through your resume, strengths/weaknesses, a time where you dealt with a conflict and how you resolved it, etc. I applied through my college's career website and within 2 weeks, a person had called me unexpectedly for a 5-10 minute conversation. And then we scheduled a phone interview for the next day.

Interview Question – Why did you choose strategic sourcing?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at WellPoint

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint interview questions and advice. All 123 interview reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees and interview candidates.