WellPoint

Average Difficulty
139 candidate interviews

Project Leader Interview

Project Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in March 2009.

Interview Details – complex, multi tier, took a long time

Negotiation Details – didnt negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at WellPoint in December 2008.

Interview Details – I was emailed an exam to take online,then called for a phone interview,then called in for a one on one.The reviewer was pleasant but called me by the wrong name a few times.My overall feeling is that Wellpoint probably hires a ton of people and it is kind of like an assembly line.

Interview Question – Your previous employer promoted you many times and gave you a great reference.Why don't you still work there?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.An offer is made and it is" take it or leave it".

Anonymous Interview

Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in May 2009.

Interview Details – Typical process of applying online, resume submission etc. However,since I have worked at WellPoint before my resume was pulled and eventually interviewed.

Interview Question – The interview itself lasted 2/12 hours and the most difficult question was billing related to their systesms. Not past experience on billing tasks.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Health Outreach Specialist Lead Interview

Health Outreach Specialist Lead
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – The panel interview is a behavioral interview. You should know the core values of the company, and be able to think of incidents in your past where you demonstrated the core values. You should demonstrate an eagerness to be part of the company and be excited about the business. When they ask you if you have any questions, have some prepared. The questions should be about the business, how it works, and about opportunities to move up in the company.

Interview Question – I can't remember specific questions. The question about core values would have tripped me up because I didn't have it memorized, but someone clued me before the interview, so I wrote them down.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not feel a need to negotiate. I felt that my manager at the time made a fair offer.

Learning Technology Consultant Interview

Learning Technology Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty lengthy for this position. It took approximately two months for anyone to contact me after I had submitted my resume.

The initial interview was with 4 people on the phone, director and 3 people currently in the role. It wasn't that difficult.

The second round was presenting a case study to an additional 5 people on the phone.

In my opinion, it should not take almost 4 months to go through the interview process, then never follow up with the candidate.

Interview Question – Had to complete and present a case study on providing a learning solution strategy and the methodologies that should be used.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst I Interview

Actuarial Analyst I
Mason, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, HR Phone interview about a week later. Then an actuarial manager interview arranged about 2 days from the HR interivew

Interview Question – why actuary, why math   Answer Question

Business Process Consultant Interview

Business Process Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – Interview, Case Study, and formal HR offer.

Interview Question – Case Study and Case questions in the interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Performance Analyst II Interview

Marketing Performance Analyst II
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online early May. I was invited to submit a very long online application which took me 3 hours to fill out. It required 10 years of work experience as well as the address in which you lived in for the past 10 years. By end of May, the manager scheduled an interview beginning of June. I met with the manager and she was very pleasant. The questions were fairly easy to answer. She focused on my past experiences. There was a follow up phone interview with 3 other peers. The questions were very technical and behaivioral as well. Right after the interview, I was given a file to work with. The instructions were minimal and very vague. I submitted the file by the given deadline. I had been part of the 1st round of interviews and was told a 2nd round would be conducted end of June. That by early July a decision would be made. By the 2nd week of July I received an email stating I was not selected.

Interview Question – Review the following file and submit your findings.   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Andover, MA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and also via an internal employee referral. HR recruiter based in Los Angeles made initial contact and asked standard HR questions. Most importantly, she asked salary requirements. I am a new PhD graduate and asked for $80K. She said that starting salary for this position is $70K, but obviously negotiable because I made it to the next round of four. Interview 2 consisted of a 1:1 phone interview with a research manager. He was pleasant and focused on my resume content. He particularly wanted to hear about the skills used or gained related to each of my previous positions. The interviewer also asked about previous experience with medical claims databases and SAS knowledge. Interview 3 was a "green" interview. It's a webcam interview with three other interviewers. They send you a webcam if you don't own one and the service tests it with you a day or two before the interview. All three interviewers were senior researchers (research scientist/manager). The focus was on research skills and knowledge with an occasional HR question. The final interview -- they fly you in to Wilmington, DE and pay for hotel, cab, flight, and meals. It was three sessions. The first was with the HR manager about benefits, etc. The second with the 1:1 interviewer from days previous (there was supposed to be a second person from the green interview but she couldn't make it). The third interview was with a different research manager and a research manager from the "green" interview. All these mini-sessions focused on skill sets and questions that tested your knowledge of them.

Throughout the process, I felt they were a bit cold. They work remotely and this was a position for their satellite office where I would have been the only member of my team among the other folks. Communication is via webcam, phone and email. I was hesitant about this structure and voiced it in my final interview, but they guaranteed seamless communication and collaboration.

They were great about accelerating the interview process. I had an offer on the table and needed to make a decision ASAP.

After making it to the in-person interview, they didn't hire me. They're cold nature re-confirmed by their mass-style rejection email. I would think at that level, they would have had the courtesy to personalize the rejection. No hard feelings though because I went with the job that I really wanted anyway.

Interview Questions

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Customer Care Representative I

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WellPoint in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, had prepared for it extensively and was looking forward to it. It started out good, even though the interviewer spoke in a monotone. She went over the basics of the job, she was not sure of the exact training process, and then told me what the salary was, which was much lower than what I had been making. However, I tried to keep an open mind. I asked her if she could tell me a little more about the job---- she interrupted me and said that she would asking the questions and would not be giving me any more information. I ended the interview at that point. She was stammering as I hung up on her.

Interview Question – Would you be able to sit at a desk all day, taking sucessive phone calls?   View Answer

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!