WellPoint Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

Project Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in March 2009.

complex, multi tier, took a long time

didnt negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WellPoint in December 2008.

I was emailed an exam to take online,then called for a phone interview,then called in for a one on one.The reviewer was pleasant but called me by the wrong name a few times.My overall feeling is that Wellpoint probably hires a ton of people and it is kind of like an assembly line.

Interview Questions
    • Your previous employer promoted you many times and gave you a great reference.Why don't you still work there?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.An offer is made and it is" take it or leave it".

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in May 2009.

Typical process of applying online, resume submission etc. However,since I have worked at WellPoint before my resume was pulled and eventually interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The interview itself lasted 2/12 hours and the most difficult question was billing related to their systesms. Not past experience on billing tasks.   View Answer
    N/A

Health Outreach Specialist Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

The panel interview is a behavioral interview. You should know the core values of the company, and be able to think of incidents in your past where you demonstrated the core values. You should demonstrate an eagerness to be part of the company and be excited about the business. When they ask you if you have any questions, have some prepared. The questions should be about the business, how it works, and about opportunities to move up in the company.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember specific questions. The question about core values would have tripped me up because I didn't have it memorized, but someone clued me before the interview, so I wrote them down.   Answer Question
    I did not feel a need to negotiate. I felt that my manager at the time made a fair offer.

Director, Quality Standards Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 10 months - interviewed at WellPoint in February 2011.

The hiring manager directly called me for a phone screen. At this time, a review of my resume and interest in the position was done. It was followed by peer and team phone interviews, then two face-to-face interviews. In 2 weeks I was notified as being one of the finalists. A last face-to-face interview was the "run off". I was notified 3 days after of their decision and an informal phone offer was made 3 days later. Fax formal offer given 3 days latter and another 3 days to accept.

Interview Questions
    Work schedule and travel frequency; retention and maintenance of professional credentials.

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in October 2012.

Online computer assessment completed first. Then a very detailed online application had to be filled out. Then I was called for an interview. I was very impressed with the interviewers. 2 Managers conducted the interview and they really made me think with their questions. They asked questions about specific situations and how I handled them. Now, Ive been offered a position, and I am going through the background check process

Interview Questions
    • When I noticed a problem in my previous job, what steps did I take to fix it and why?   Answer Question
    Haven't been through it yet

Customer Care Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at WellPoint in October 2011.

I had a phone interview, had prepared for it extensively and was looking forward to it. It started out good, even though the interviewer spoke in a monotone. She went over the basics of the job, she was not sure of the exact training process, and then told me what the salary was, which was much lower than what I had been making. However, I tried to keep an open mind. I asked her if she could tell me a little more about the job---- she interrupted me and said that she would asking the questions and would not be giving me any more information. I ended the interview at that point. She was stammering as I hung up on her.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to sit at a desk all day, taking sucessive phone calls?   View Answer

Health Insurance Sales Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in October 2009.

I was already in a position within this department and the interview process was part of a re-org

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider your development areas and how are you currently working on them? Please give real examples.   Answer Question
    • Describe your management style and what motivational or recogniztion programs you have personally implemented and what were the results?   Answer Question
    negotiated what salary and structure of the position since some of the responsibilities I already had

Marketing Performance Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2011.

I submitted my resume online early May. I was invited to submit a very long online application which took me 3 hours to fill out. It required 10 years of work experience as well as the address in which you lived in for the past 10 years. By end of May, the manager scheduled an interview beginning of June. I met with the manager and she was very pleasant. The questions were fairly easy to answer. She focused on my past experiences. There was a follow up phone interview with 3 other peers. The questions were very technical and behaivioral as well. Right after the interview, I was given a file to work with. The instructions were minimal and very vague. I submitted the file by the given deadline. I had been part of the 1st round of interviews and was told a 2nd round would be conducted end of June. That by early July a decision would be made. By the 2nd week of July I received an email stating I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Review the following file and submit your findings.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in December 2011.

was already an employee there . You submit your application and then have a phone interview, which is then followed up by a group interview. They do an extensive background check and then you ethier get an orfer or not. The whole process took about a month for me. The interview was semi difficult. Lots of what would you do questions./

Interview Questions

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!