WellPoint

2.7

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

The manager called me directly. I never had to deal with a recruiter screen. We had a pleasant conversation and talked about my skills and the role. I had an interview with a member of her team the following day. This interview was more technical and related to my specific skills. An offer was extended within a few days and was exactly what I wanted. The whole process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. They asked specific questions about my skills and experience and I gave honest answers. They did not ask behavioral or personality questions.   Answer Question
    An offer was extended. I tried to negotiate, but was told the offer was already above market standards and was fair. That was very true, but it was still worth a shot. Wp pays extremely fair rates.

Customer Care Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Very easy. Applied online, received link to take assessments. Once passed, an on-site interview was scheduled. Description of position, compensation, and benefits during interview, easy questions. Received call back with offer after two weeks.

Interview Questions
    None. Schedule is set and pay is based off experience.

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Applied for the job on a Wednesday, received a call to schedule an interview on Thursday for the following Monday. My interview was Monday at 3pm however I received an email Monday at 11:30am stating that I wasn't selected to move forward as a final candidate. It made me feel the company was unorganized. The interview wasn't conventional at all, it was all over the place and I felt it didn't cover my experience or who I was as a person.

Interview Questions
    • I have 8 balls all the same color and size one is a grain of salt heavier. Using a balancing scale and only two opportunities to figure out which is the heaviest; how would you figure it out.   View Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview a week later. Phone screen was basic behavioral questions and that was followed up with an invitation for an onsite interview. Met with the hiring manager for the department the opening was for as well as actuaries from other departments. Behavioral questions and basic chitchat I guess to see if you are personable. The interview ended with a case study.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was definitely challenging. Makes you really think about what an actuary does and how to help companies hedge and manage risks. Didn't get the job but I learned a lot.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Applied online and received email from hiring manager a few weeks later. Interview took over 1 hour and also interviewed with another team member. Interview process was pleasant, wanted to get to know me as a person and gave a lot of insight to position, more than trying to grill me on my skills (had knowledge of my kills in resume), so it was a great, non-rigourous experience. Contact with HR until offer was presented. Background check was fast, took 4 days and HR very professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to provide real world examples of your work experience.
      Since it was phone interview, I created flash cards so I could quickly highlight accomplishments so conversation flows and in case I got nervous and forgot.
      Have previous employment dates, graduation dates, pay rate (yes, they even check pay rate, although most past employers don't provide that info but some do) readily accessible for background check.
      The most difficult part was waiting for the final decision, it took about 14 days so be patient and don't stress out (like I did).
      Overall, possibly the best interview experience I've ever had.

Answer Question
    Offer and incentive were fair, no need to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint.

It was an interesting interview process. It involved several rounds with several different people. From what I've heard there isn't necessarily a standard format between teams on how interviewing works.

Consumer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

I had originally applied for a lower-paying customer service role in Colorado. After you apply, you receive an email for a computer assessment. (within 2-3 days after applying) I passed the assessment and received an email to setup a phone interview with a recruiter. If you pass that, you receive an email if you'll be contacted. I was contacted by the hiring manager. During my interview with her, she recommended a position in Indianapolis that also paid 7 dollars more per hour. I had to do an assessment, and after completing the assessment I was pretty much guaranteed the job. I start on August 18th!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you realized you had made a mistake, what you did that fixed it, and what you learned for the next time.   Answer Question
    Was so happy with the process, I did not want to attempt to gain more money. Can't be too greedy!

Media Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Wellpoint was very quick to respond to my resume submission online. Had one phone interview with hiring manager, followed by an in person interview with a VP, and then another phone interview with employee. The process spanned about 3 months and the communication was horrendous. I was actually in shock at how unorganized the process was and the lack of communication for a position that was within the communications department at Wellpoint. This did not reflect well on the company or department. There wasn't any HR interaction and there was no follow up regarding their decision. I only found out after I tried contacting the hiring manager multiple times for follow-up and next steps. Shortly after, I received the generic "sorry, you were not selected for the position" email with no feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult but I found it strangely odd that I was asked "Why work for a health insurance company that is generally boring?" This also did not reflect well on the people.   View Answer

Case Manager (RN) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

The process took 3 weeks. Submitted application online. A few days later I received a phone call from a manager asking when it was convenient for me to interview. After a day or so of phone tag, we agreed upon a date and time. An email came later that said prior to the meet I would get an email with the phone number and further instructions.

The email came 30 minutes prior to the meeting giving me a number to call and also wanted me to prepare a short presentation. The interview went fair. It felt like the decision was made prior to getting me on the phone.

I was told I would hear back in two weeks.
    Six weeks later I got an email from HR telling me I did not get the job and told me that they would keep my resume on file and that I was welcome to look for other opportunities in the company.

Obviously I knew I did not get the job, but was curious why I was sent the email, so I checked the job portal and found they had posted the job again.
    I did not bother applying a second time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Typical scenario type of questions.   Answer Question

Appeals and Grievance Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

There will be 3-4 people in the room to interview you. Interview was pretty easy but be prepared to write a paragraph. They want to see your writing skills and whether you have good grammar. Overall the hiring process was very professional.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate for a higher salary the job can be very demanding when it comes to overtime.