WellPoint

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.7

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint.

It was an interesting interview process. It involved several rounds with several different people. From what I've heard there isn't necessarily a standard format between teams on how interviewing works.

Consumer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

I had originally applied for a lower-paying customer service role in Colorado. After you apply, you receive an email for a computer assessment. (within 2-3 days after applying) I passed the assessment and received an email to setup a phone interview with a recruiter. If you pass that, you receive an email if you'll be contacted. I was contacted by the hiring manager. During my interview with her, she recommended a position in Indianapolis that also paid 7 dollars more per hour. I had to do an assessment, and after completing the assessment I was pretty much guaranteed the job. I start on August 18th!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you realized you had made a mistake, what you did that fixed it, and what you learned for the next time.   Answer Question
    Was so happy with the process, I did not want to attempt to gain more money. Can't be too greedy!

Media Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Wellpoint was very quick to respond to my resume submission online. Had one phone interview with hiring manager, followed by an in person interview with a VP, and then another phone interview with employee. The process spanned about 3 months and the communication was horrendous. I was actually in shock at how unorganized the process was and the lack of communication for a position that was within the communications department at Wellpoint. This did not reflect well on the company or department. There wasn't any HR interaction and there was no follow up regarding their decision. I only found out after I tried contacting the hiring manager multiple times for follow-up and next steps. Shortly after, I received the generic "sorry, you were not selected for the position" email with no feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult but I found it strangely odd that I was asked "Why work for a health insurance company that is generally boring?" This also did not reflect well on the people.   View Answer

Case Manager (RN) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

The process took 3 weeks. Submitted application online. A few days later I received a phone call from a manager asking when it was convenient for me to interview. After a day or so of phone tag, we agreed upon a date and time. An email came later that said prior to the meet I would get an email with the phone number and further instructions.

The email came 30 minutes prior to the meeting giving me a number to call and also wanted me to prepare a short presentation. The interview went fair. It felt like the decision was made prior to getting me on the phone.

I was told I would hear back in two weeks.
    Six weeks later I got an email from HR telling me I did not get the job and told me that they would keep my resume on file and that I was welcome to look for other opportunities in the company.

Obviously I knew I did not get the job, but was curious why I was sent the email, so I checked the job portal and found they had posted the job again.
    I did not bother applying a second time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Typical scenario type of questions.   Answer Question

Appeals and Grievance Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

There will be 3-4 people in the room to interview you. Interview was pretty easy but be prepared to write a paragraph. They want to see your writing skills and whether you have good grammar. Overall the hiring process was very professional.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate for a higher salary the job can be very demanding when it comes to overtime.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in June 2014.

hiring process seem quite simple one one on one interview with the company phone interview phone enactment. know how you east easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WellPoint in June 2014.

I applied online and a week after I applied, I checked the status of my application. It stated "Hiring Manager Review". I received a call two days later stating that they wanted to do a phone screening first because they had a lot of people apply. I performed the phone screening one week later, and it consisted of the hiring manger and an employee that performs the job. They stated they would inform people of the decision to move on to the interview that Friday. I received a call, and was informed that I was selected to move forward with the in house interview, but they needed me to come that Monday. I went to the interview that Monday, and it was panel style. It was a general behavioral question interview. I felt at ease, and everyone on the panel was very nice. I however, received a call one week later stating that I was not chosen for the position, but that the manager was very impressed with me, and wanted to recommend me for another administrative assistant position for their department, but it was in another state. I declined because I was not looking to relocate. It was a kind gesture that I did appreciate, nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • Did any of your former co-workers find you unapproachable?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in June 2014.

Was advised to complete an assessment prior to be called for an interview. Whole process took about two weeks. Interviewed with 3 people in an office; team lead, supervisor, and director of the department.

Sales Director Interview

Anthem has a "talent aquisition" team that acts as screeners for management and director jobs. Need to get by these people first before being forwarded on to the hiring manager. 30 minute phone interview with job specific questions as well as typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your "brand". Why should we ire you?   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

You will get a phone call from a third party company asking you 5 bazillion questions, then another call with far less questions then you will get a call for the personal interview which in my case was pretty easy considering I had already been on over 50 interviews and I was 15 years older than the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • None really but again I had been on so many and I enjoy sales, most came pretty easy. I do love the "where do you see yourself five years from now" question.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You either accept or don't. At the time I was already out of work fora year and eight months so I had to take it to get back in the race.