WellPoint

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.7

Sales Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in June 2014.

Anthem has a "talent aquisition" team that acts as screeners for management and director jobs. Need to get by these people first before being forwarded on to the hiring manager. 30 minute phone interview with job specific questions as well as typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your "brand". Why should we ire you?   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

You will get a phone call from a third party company asking you 5 bazillion questions, then another call with far less questions then you will get a call for the personal interview which in my case was pretty easy considering I had already been on over 50 interviews and I was 15 years older than the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • None really but again I had been on so many and I enjoy sales, most came pretty easy. I do love the "where do you see yourself five years from now" question.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You either accept or don't. At the time I was already out of work fora year and eight months so I had to take it to get back in the race.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in May 2014.

Don't get your hopes up. I went through the process TWICE with WellPoint, was told I was a final candidate, had several interviews, met several people, took time off work, juggled my schedule -- only to be told the position had been knocked down to a lower level and I was no longer a candidate. They seem super unorganized in relation to hiring.

Security Provisioning Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at WellPoint.

I was started as a contractor when the company decided to insourse the department. The interview process for that was a simple one. Just to get to know the people who were going to be brought in.

Interview Questions
    • For this interview, we didn't really have any difficult questions to answer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

Three stage interview. First contact was by phone to schedule a face-to-face interview. Initial face-to-face interview was with a manager and lead. Typical interview questions were asked (What are your strengths/weaknesses? How would yo describe yourself? Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it). Second interview was a phone interview with the higher ups. Similar questions were asked. The third interview was a face-to-face interview. More information about the position was shared.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I handed you my credit card and said go get me lunch?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate salary a bit. The initial offer was low. I suggested a higher range with justification and got a $4,300 increase.

Nurse Reviewer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at WellPoint in May 2014.

Testing phone and one on one interview great recruiter will be working contract for six months then hired if meet expectations, productivity and quality standards. Look forward to working with the group and seeing what they have to offer in the way of career advancement. Understand from interview there are good opportunities for promotion and advancement.

Case Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WellPoint.

I met with the hiring manager and was introduced to tie CEO an had a written odder 2 days latter

Interview Questions
    I was pleased with the offer.

Business Analyst III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint.

I am now getting contacted by recruiters for all Jobs applied for as staff positions at end of 2013 for which I got email stating position is no longer open.

Interview Questions
    • Can you be available on weekends or holidays once a Quarter or once a month?   View Answer

Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

Interview, Case Study, and formal HR offer.

Strategic Sourcing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at WellPoint.

Pretty normal first round interview with a strategic sourcing consultant, followed by an interesting case study. In the process of final round interview with two sourcing managers.