WellPoint Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.7

Strategic Sourcing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at WellPoint.

30 minute phone call asking basic questions like walk me through your resume, strengths/weaknesses, a time where you dealt with a conflict and how you resolved it, etc. I applied through my college's career website and within 2 weeks, a person had called me unexpectedly for a 5-10 minute conversation. And then we scheduled a phone interview for the next day.

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at WellPoint.

Hiring process strange, offer made before background check was done. If anything comes back on background check offer can be recanted

Interview Questions
    no negotiating necessary, offer was significantly better than previous salary

Communications Interview

Really great experience, very friendly and comfortable environment

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions, be prepared to answer "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

IT Management Interview

I applied online - interviewed at WellPoint.

Did three phone interviews, one with HR, one with the hiring manager and another with the manager's peer. Nearly three weeks later, no response or feedback on the position or where I stand. I've emailed the hiring manager and called the HR rep with no response. Please let candidates know where they stand in the hiring process!

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview was a manager reading from her list of questions, she was distracted, brought along a subordinate to take notes??? after the mgr left the room for a brief break, whatever that was, the girl started telling me about her life. weird

Interview Questions
    • none, expected standard textbook questions, pro's con's, talk about a time when you??those type questions, nothing you can't find on website.   View Answers (2)
    there was none, they called on the phone and said bottom line this is it

Learning Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at WellPoint.

The hiring process was pretty lengthy for this position. It took approximately two months for anyone to contact me after I had submitted my resume.

The initial interview was with 4 people on the phone, director and 3 people currently in the role. It wasn't that difficult.

The second round was presenting a case study to an additional 5 people on the phone.

In my opinion, it should not take almost 4 months to go through the interview process, then never follow up with the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Had to complete and present a case study on providing a learning solution strategy and the methodologies that should be used.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online - interviewed at WellPoint.

After applying for this position many times I was finally asked to come in for an interview. Only one interview time was offered and if you could not make that time then that was the only option. You were told the process could take up to 3 hours. You were placed in a large silent room with at least 40 or more people. They called around 5 people at a time and you just had to wait for them to weed through the resumes. Everyone was interviewed in an open room one on one with a supervisor. The interview maybe lasted 15 minutes once your name was acutally called. I waited a little more than 90 minutes to have my name called. You are asked 3 basic questions. The person interviewing you has never seen your resume before so they are looking at everything for the first time. They let you know half the people they are interviewing are going to get hired. They have 2 different shifts so you are not told if you will be on the early or late one and will never be on a solid shift while working there.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions but they are not your typical questions. Just how do you priortize your day. How do you hanle something if you do not agree with a team member.   Answer Question

I was offered an extremly low salary. I was surprised with the salary I was offered since I did put my salary requirements on my application. I was really disappointed because I would love to work for this company. I counteroffered but they came back with the exact same low salary.

Content Editot Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WellPoint.

Contacted by recruiter. Usual explanation of job and salary. Phone interview with a Team Lead, usual questions and description of job. Emailed contract and then contact info on where and whom to report to.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were general, nothing stands out as difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any room to negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at WellPoint.

That was such a waist of time. I had 3 interviews: phone interview, 1 to 1 interview with hiring manager, group interview. After all of those interviews I was told I'm one of their top candidates. 3 weeks later I got an email saying the position was temporary closed. 2 months later I got another email saying I'm not the right candidate for this position... Lucky me I accepted another offer and was not waiting for them. No respect to people's time.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty standard except it took too much time.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in January 2014.

Applied online, HR Phone interview about a week later. Then an actuarial manager interview arranged about 2 days from the HR interivew