WellPoint

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and shortly after was sent a link for a test. They were not difficult. The next day I was sent a link to pick a phone interview time. A man called and the interview lasted 30 min. The first questions were pre-lim questions and the last three were scenario. Within a few hours I was asked to schedule an in person interview.

Interview Question – None...they were all standard. Ex..Tell me a time when you went beyond your duty to calm a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for the highest rate in their range due to my experience.

Director Customer Care Interview

Interviewed at WellPoint

Interview Details – Applied on line. Had two phone interviews.

Interview Question – Define Success   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Program Director

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in April 2013.

Interview Details – Easy on call interviews. Mostly asking about the US healthcare mandates.

Negotiation Details – Didn't do negotitation as they offer what I expected.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – Process of organization: temporary to hire.

Negotiation Details – Minimal from temp to perm position

IT Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2012.

Interview Details – You can submit your job application through wellpoint.com careers section. If you are chosen, recruiter will do a phone interview and notify you for further interviews by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – 4 interviews. 1 phone interview with HR. 3 with managers, directors, and team members. I was asked job specific questions, technology specific questions, and scenario/ critical thinking questions. Several questions regarding how I would approach fixing current problems being faced in the environment were asked. Interviewers were concerned with approach to problem solving, domain knowlege, and industry best practice.

Interview Question – A technical queston about a particular configuration on a storage platform.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Commute was too far.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at WellPoint in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, 3 wks later my application status changed to "under hiring manager review" on their website. 2 more wks later I got a call for an interview for another 2 wks later. That was 6 wks ago and never heard back from anyone. So a total of 14 wks. My application still says "under hiring manager review'.

Interview Question – The hiring manager called me and asked a lot of situational questions. Told me very little about the position. They were friendly.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through monster. Got call for interview by email. The interview panel consisted of 2 person including the Head of Department. It was a shot interview process of around 20-25 minutes with questions on your experience in contracts. However, they required someone with more specific experience in healthcare industry. My resume never displayed experience in healthcare but was called...dont know why???

Interview Question – What experience do you have in healthcare contracts?   View Answer

Director of Sales Interview

I applied online and interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – The interview process involved multiple interview sessions, including a live meeting session and a group interview session. The process lasted about seven weeks and involved intensive questioning concerning management style, experience, sales strategy, grass roots efforts, and ethical considerations.

Interview Question – How would you achieve goals without company support   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy to work through

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details – I applied online via their website. A few months passes and I didn't hear anything, so I assumed they weren't interested. Then a recruiter emailed me and said my would-be boss wanted to do a phone interview. I had pretty much forgotten I even applied, so I was thrilled.

First I had a 30 minute phone interview. Basic and typical, but really good. Then they asked me to come in for a full day of interviews -- they just gave me a day the next week and told me I needed to be there from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. I was sort of taken aback, since this is short notice, and I had a full-time job that I couldn't just leave whenever. But, I wanted this job a lot, so I made it work.

I guess I made it to the next round, because then they had be do phone interviews with even MORE people over the phone. It was annoying though because they once again just gave me a date and set up three interviews back to back. Even though they were on the phone, I still had to leave my office for a total of three hours to take them.

Then I was called into a final round of interviews with the same group of people I met the first time. It seemed silly because most of the people just flat out said to me, "Well, I feel like I know everything I need to about you..." and we just tried to make small talk to fill the time.

I had a final phone call with my would-be supervisor after that, and she told me they would decide by the end of the week. Three weeks passed -- and then I got a form email saying I wasn't selected. I felt that with as much time I put into the process, I should have at least gotten a feedback email from the hiring manager saying why I wasn't a fit or how I could have improved.

Interview Question – Several people asked me how I would handle dealing with their archaic technology, and why "someone so fun" would want to work for "a company like this."   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at WellPoint