WellPoint

Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.7

Business Analyst III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint.

I am now getting contacted by recruiters for all Jobs applied for as staff positions at end of 2013 for which I got email stating position is no longer open.

Interview Questions
    • Can you be available on weekends or holidays once a Quarter or once a month?   View Answer

Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

Interview, Case Study, and formal HR offer.

Strategic Sourcing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at WellPoint.

Pretty normal first round interview with a strategic sourcing consultant, followed by an interesting case study. In the process of final round interview with two sourcing managers.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at WellPoint in March 2014.

My phone interview was arranged by a staffing company. It was for a temporary position so the interviewer got right to the point and asked me to describe my experience with reporting and query language, it only lasted about 10-15minutes. I'm guessing it would be longer/more questions if it weren't for a temporary position.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer only really asked one question for this temp position, which wasn't difficult or unexpected. "Please describe your experience with reporting in access and SQL."   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Two in person interviews

Business Information Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

There were two rounds:
    1) Phone interview- I was contacted about 1 month after submitting an application. Interviewer gave a detailed overview of the position and asked standard interest and background questions.

2)On-site interview- I was invited to the office about 1 week after the phone interview for a technical interview and a general interview. The office was nice but I found out that I didn't find the job interesting and that it wasn't for me.

Everyone I met were nice people but the job seemed repetitive and uninteresting.

Interview Questions
    • Phone:
      - Why Wellpoint?
      -Tell me about yourself.
      -Experience level with SQL, Access, VBA, SAS?

Technical:
      -How would you approach comparing two sets of data?- Interviewer kept adding layers of complexity. He was looking for the ability to talk through SQL code (Joins, case statement where clause etc)
      - If you had a single elimination tennis tournament with 100 participants, how many games do you need to play to find a winner? Answer is n-1, so 99

General:
      -Why this job?
      -Talk about your resume.
      -Why do you like working with data?
      - Experience level with SQL, Access, VBA, SAS?
      -What are your weaknesses?
      -Why should we hire you?

Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at WellPoint.

30 minute phone call asking basic questions like walk me through your resume, strengths/weaknesses, a time where you dealt with a conflict and how you resolved it, etc. I applied through my college's career website and within 2 weeks, a person had called me unexpectedly for a 5-10 minute conversation. And then we scheduled a phone interview for the next day.

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint.

Hiring process strange, offer made before background check was done. If anything comes back on background check offer can be recanted

Interview Questions
    no negotiating necessary, offer was significantly better than previous salary

Communications Interview

Really great experience, very friendly and comfortable environment

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions, be prepared to answer "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

IT Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint.

Did three phone interviews, one with HR, one with the hiring manager and another with the manager's peer. Nearly three weeks later, no response or feedback on the position or where I stand. I've emailed the hiring manager and called the HR rep with no response. Please let candidates know where they stand in the hiring process!