WellPoint

Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Applied online and received email from hiring manager a few weeks later. Interview took over 1 hour and also interviewed with another team member. Interview process was pleasant, wanted to get to know me as a person and gave a lot of insight to position, more than trying to grill me on my skills (had knowledge of my kills in resume), so it was a great, non-rigourous experience. Contact with HR until offer was presented. Background check was fast, took 4 days and HR very professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • Make sure to provide real world examples of your work experience.
    Since it was phone interview, I created flash cards so I could quickly highlight accomplishments so conversation flows and in case I got nervous and forgot.
    Have previous employment dates, graduation dates, pay rate (yes, they even check pay rate, although most past employers don't provide that info but some do) readily accessible for background check.
    The most difficult part was waiting for the final decision, it took about 14 days so be patient and don't stress out (like I did).
    Overall, possibly the best interview experience I've ever had.

Answer Question
Offer and incentive were fair, no need to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for WellPoint

Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in September 2011.

Recruiter was really terrific - communicated well and understood the position thoroughly. Phone interviews with Director and other managers on her team went really well. Very knowledgeable, professional and friendly folks. The Director was very professional yet personable and interviews were more like meetings/discussions. It came down to me and one other person and they chose the other person who had slightly more experience in their area than I did. Would have loved to get the job. But the recruiter was very grateful and emailed me to thank me very much for participating and said she hopes that the process went well and that I'd be open to future opportunities. Definitely will be. Rating the interview as "difficult" because we had some intense discussions. However, it really didn't feel difficult because the people involved made the process easy.

Interview Questions
    • Industry/specialty specific questions (how would you handle situations x, y and z)...   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WellPoint in April 2010.

Behavioral based interview. Specific questions directed to the position. Had a coworker (potential) in the interview as well to provide more specifics. Great atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate