WellPoint

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in May 2014.

Don't get your hopes up. I went through the process TWICE with WellPoint, was told I was a final candidate, had several interviews, met several people, took time off work, juggled my schedule -- only to be told the position had been knocked down to a lower level and I was no longer a candidate. They seem super unorganized in relation to hiring.

Other Interview Reviews for WellPoint

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at WellPoint in December 2013.

Applied on-line, no referral or other internal contact. Was approached for the first interview 3 days later, 2nd interview the day after that. I was contacted by the hiring manager 2 days after my 2nd interview with a verbal offer and got my formal offer the day after that. Background check was very fast (2 days), I was told it would take 2 weeks. I requested one round of review on the salary, but was advised there was no room to negotiate at this time, and I accepted the offer. The miss-communication on the length of time for the background check resulted in a delay of my ultimate start date, but allowed me to give my old employer 3 weeks notice.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was very straight forward and direct. This was a very good match and I think we both realized that very early on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in May 2013.

The interview process was 4 interviews, all by phone, as I was not in local proximity to any of my interviewers. The interview invites started about 3 weeks after I applied for the job online. All interview invites were sent by email and usually allowed about a 24-72 hour preparation time, they were extremely flexible and I always wanted the earliest available time. All 4 interviews were conducted in a 2 weeks span of time. The first interview was with a peer of the position, the second with the hiring manager and the final 2 with colleagues of the hiring manager. All were rather conversational, and carried the typical format of me describing my current position. The first 2 interviews explained the position, while the last 2 focused more on why I felt I was more qualified. Every one of my interviewers always left the option for me to call or email them if I thought of any questions after our interview. Even after receiving my HR declination email, all interviewers, except for the peer interviewer, gave me feedback in separate emails. They were all genuinely kind and so respectful to the process, which is rare, as they owed me nothing. I gained so much respect for all of them just based off of that experience and know they would have been awesome managers to work under.

Interview Questions
    • The last interviewer asked me about my virtual workspace experience.   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

I applied online via their website. A few months passes and I didn't hear anything, so I assumed they weren't interested. Then a recruiter emailed me and said my would-be boss wanted to do a phone interview. I had pretty much forgotten I even applied, so I was thrilled.

First I had a 30 minute phone interview. Basic and typical, but really good. Then they asked me to come in for a full day of interviews -- they just gave me a day the next week and told me I needed to be there from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. I was sort of taken aback, since this is short notice, and I had a full-time job that I couldn't just leave whenever. But, I wanted this job a lot, so I made it work.

I guess I made it to the next round, because then they had be do phone interviews with even MORE people over the phone. It was annoying though because they once again just gave me a date and set up three interviews back to back. Even though they were on the phone, I still had to leave my office for a total of three hours to take them.

Then I was called into a final round of interviews with the same group of people I met the first time. It seemed silly because most of the people just flat out said to me, "Well, I feel like I know everything I need to about you..." and we just tried to make small talk to fill the time.

I had a final phone call with my would-be supervisor after that, and she told me they would decide by the end of the week. Three weeks passed -- and then I got a form email saying I wasn't selected. I felt that with as much time I put into the process, I should have at least gotten a feedback email from the hiring manager saying why I wasn't a fit or how I could have improved.

Interview Questions
    • Several people asked me how I would handle dealing with their archaic technology, and why "someone so fun" would want to work for "a company like this."   Answer Question