WellPoint

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at WellPoint in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, 3 wks later my application status changed to "under hiring manager review" on their website. 2 more wks later I got a call for an interview for another 2 wks later. That was 6 wks ago and never heard back from anyone. So a total of 14 wks. My application still says "under hiring manager review'.

Interview Question – The hiring manager called me and asked a lot of situational questions. Told me very little about the position. They were friendly.   Answer Question

Project Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online at the Wellpoint site. Within a week, I received a phone call to set up a telephone interview, whcih as followed by an onsite interview in Indianapolis. Within 10 days, I received another phone call to interview for a different job. This interview was done over the phone, followed by an in-depthonsite panle interview with the sponsors of the functional area I would support as a PM. I received a phone call about 3 days later, offering me the position, followed by an offer letter. During this period, the Wellpoint job search site sent several suggestions for positions that I might also be interested in applying.

Interview Question – The panel interview consisted of situational-type questions ... if this happened, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I negotiated a higher salary. My advice is ask for it, if it's reasonable and you're worth it.

Atlanta, GA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interviews consisted of a combination of behavioral questions as well as questions regarding past experience. The one on one interview was with a recruiter who asked general questions about situations with conflict, ability to work cross-functionally, ability to deal with challenges on a team, a time when you failed etc. Also asked the usual walk me through your resume highlighing your most significant achievements question.
The panel interview was similar but they were looking for specific instances where your past experience mirrored challenges in their internal structure. Obviously you need to know about the history of the company - growth by acquisition, CEO, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked on a team where you were not the 'official' leader but had to motivate people to get things done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 5% increase is generally available at a minimum for negotiating at WellPoint.

Interviews for Top Jobs at WellPoint

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees and interview candidates.