WellPoint Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at WellPoint in March 2013.

I applied online, 3 wks later my application status changed to "under hiring manager review" on their website. 2 more wks later I got a call for an interview for another 2 wks later. That was 6 wks ago and never heard back from anyone. So a total of 14 wks. My application still says "under hiring manager review'.

Interview Questions
  • The hiring manager called me and asked a lot of situational questions. Told me very little about the position. They were friendly.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for WellPoint

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in April 2010.

I applied online at the Wellpoint site. Within a week, I received a phone call to set up a telephone interview, whcih as followed by an onsite interview in Indianapolis. Within 10 days, I received another phone call to interview for a different job. This interview was done over the phone, followed by an in-depthonsite panle interview with the sponsors of the functional area I would support as a PM. I received a phone call about 3 days later, offering me the position, followed by an offer letter. During this period, the Wellpoint job search site sent several suggestions for positions that I might also be interested in applying.

Interview Questions
    • The panel interview consisted of situational-type questions ... if this happened, how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    Yes, I negotiated a higher salary. My advice is ask for it, if it's reasonable and you're worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2008.

The interviews consisted of a combination of behavioral questions as well as questions regarding past experience. The one on one interview was with a recruiter who asked general questions about situations with conflict, ability to work cross-functionally, ability to deal with challenges on a team, a time when you failed etc. Also asked the usual walk me through your resume highlighing your most significant achievements question.
    The panel interview was similar but they were looking for specific instances where your past experience mirrored challenges in their internal structure. Obviously you need to know about the history of the company - growth by acquisition, CEO, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a team where you were not the 'official' leader but had to motivate people to get things done.   Answer Question
    5% increase is generally available at a minimum for negotiating at WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!