WellPoint Interview Questions in Thousand Oaks, CA

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at WellPoint in April 2011.

Interviewed for a pilot program it was one on of the hardest interviews I have encountered. Describe a project from the beginning to end?

Interview Questions
    • Describe completion of a project from beginning to end?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in November 2011.

I applied for a couple of positions, including Customer Service Representative and Administrative Assistant. I meet all the qualifications for both positions, although the CSR position did not pay as much as I would have liked, it is better than most at $14.00 an hour to start. I applied online. During the online application I was directed to a test site to take a sort of general customer service test - it asked questions like how when is it ok to bend the rules (never), what would you do if another employee was stealing from the company (report it) and how would you handle an angry customer (offer all accomodations the company policy allows, and if customer still not satisfied, refer them to my supervisor). Apparently these were the correct answers because I received an email within 2 days asking me to pick a time for a telephone interview. A couple of days later I took the telephone interview - I was asked questions about my work experience and skills (data entry, handling telephone calls, MS Offfice programs). The interviewer seemed enthusiastic and set up an in-person interview for the next week.
    The in-person interview consisted of 2 people in a conference room. They were polite, but did not seem as enthusiastic as they were on the telephone. I got the impression they were expecting someone younger, however my experience should have made my age (over 50) pretty obvious. (On the advise of my current employment agency, I have cut the first 15 years of my work history from my resume). They asked me most of the same questions I was asked over the telephone, the gave me a short written test similar to the one I took online and thanked me for coming. They did not ask if I had any questions or bother to tell me much about the position. I think they pretty much made up their minds as soon as they met me. About a month later I got a rejection e-mail.

A few weeks later I signed with a local employment agency, they were trying to fill the same position at Wellpoint and said they were going to submit my information - they also thought my skills were exactly what Wellpoint was looking for - but I was again rejected.

My background is clean & my previous employer says that she has responded positively to all imquiries. Overall, I thought the interview process was easy, but it may be that I was given a "cursory" version. I thought I was pretty nice, but maybe they just did not like me.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you discovered a co-worker was stealing from the company?   View Answer
    • How ofter is it ok to be late to work?   View Answer

Marketing Performance Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2011.

I submitted my resume online early May. I was invited to submit a very long online application which took me 3 hours to fill out. It required 10 years of work experience as well as the address in which you lived in for the past 10 years. By end of May, the manager scheduled an interview beginning of June. I met with the manager and she was very pleasant. The questions were fairly easy to answer. She focused on my past experiences. There was a follow up phone interview with 3 other peers. The questions were very technical and behaivioral as well. Right after the interview, I was given a file to work with. The instructions were minimal and very vague. I submitted the file by the given deadline. I had been part of the 1st round of interviews and was told a 2nd round would be conducted end of June. That by early July a decision would be made. By the 2nd week of July I received an email stating I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Review the following file and submit your findings.   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at WellPoint in April 2010.

Very fast and easy.

Health Insurance Sales Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in October 2009.

I was already in a position within this department and the interview process was part of a re-org

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider your development areas and how are you currently working on them? Please give real examples.   Answer Question
    • Describe your management style and what motivational or recogniztion programs you have personally implemented and what were the results?   Answer Question
    negotiated what salary and structure of the position since some of the responsibilities I already had

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!