WellStar Health System

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Epic Analyst Interview

Epic Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WellStar Health System in January 2013.

Interview Details – Have a strong knowledge of healthcare terminology. Do you research on the softwares, and equipment that are supported Flexible shift. Dress to impress as if you wanted the managers position. Be positive, on time, very confident, Honest and good references

Interview Question – How did you react in an emergency 911 situation   Answer Question

Staffing Analyst Interview

Staffing Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellStar Health System.

Interview Details – Awkward. Questions were all over the place. Nothing about me as an individual just about how I would do the job. As a result there is a severe lack of cohesion among coworkers in the department.

Interview Question – How do you have fun at work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basically told how much I was gonna make. Found out I was severely low-balled

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WellStar Health System.

Interview Details – I applied for a Manager position and received a "No thanks" email about a month later. A month after that, I received a phone call inviting me to meet with the hiring managers. The managers were great and the interview process was a breeze. It was actually more of a conversation about my experience and the skillset needed to fill the position in question. I was made an offer less than a week later, which I negotiated a bit and then accepted. PHENOMENAL company to work for.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offered a salary and I negotiated for a few thousand dollars more. They countered with a higher amount, but not quite what I negotiated for. The offer was very fair.

IT Professional Interview

IT Professional
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WellStar Health System in January 2012.

Interview Details – HR assessed almost 200 resumes and sent only 10 over to the hiring manager. HR initially did not want to offer the requested salary stating that they are a not-for-profit organization. The hiring manager, however, overrode HR so that they could draw better talent into their growing organization. Once on board, the entire first day is dedicated to orientation. The department I hired into did not have a formal on-boarding process, which made it quite difficult to understand who to go to for basic needs.

Interview Question – Tell me why I should NOT hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fairly reasonable. My offer opened up salary opportunities for those who followed into my department

Project Management Interview

Project Management
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at WellStar Health System in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very relaxing. The managers were very friendly and everyone had positive attitude.

Interview Question – How did long did it takes for WellStar to adopt and adapt to the Change Board   View Answer

Registered Nurse (RN) Interview

Registered Nurse (RN)
Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at WellStar Health System.

Interview Details – It took 4 months to complete the process. HR was nice but very slow. The people that interviewed me were very nice, very professional. I spoke with people working in the department and they seemed not to be a team and said the PTO was not so good or the health insurance which surprised me and was true when I looked into to it deeper. Although PTO accrues, you can't take any during the first 6 months. I was not planning on it but emergencies happen so it made me uncomfortable. I have seen where that's used to discipline people, read it here on the reviews. Also the new health insurance plan is just an Obama care plan they sell under Piedmont-Wellstar Health Plan. I read the fine print and was surprised about the high deductibles, copays and coverages if you don't get the premium plan, not sure if everyone qualifies to purchase it, didn't get that far. You do have to use their doctors it looked like, which I think would be fine unless you already have doctors somewhere else you want to keep using.

Interview Question – Typical questions about your background, education, experience and such. Don't remember any unexpected questions for a nursing position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was disappointed by the offer because it took 4 months for it to be made and it was low, but mostly I didn't care for the benefits as far as PTO and health insurance.

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Patient Access Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at WellStar Health System.

Interview Details – HR called for an interview a week after I applied online. She offered me the position at that time and we negotiated salary due to my work experience. They do an very extensive background check and reference check.

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you had to deal with an extremely difficult patient..   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at WellStar Health System.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a group of nurses. Intimidating to me.Second time on another unit. The manager who interviewed me was not the one who became the unit manager. That upset me.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last position? I could have asked what happened to the manager who hired me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Reasonable except I don't think I was paid what my educational level called for.

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Patient Access Specialist
Austell, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WellStar Health System in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received invitation for F2F interview, email confirmation with request for additional information for previous employment verification, arrived at interview 30 min early, was ask to wait in hallway, when ask to join the interviewer there were 2 interviewers present, both ask situational type questions, and why I wanted to work for Wellstar. I found the interview to be a bit unprofessional as they would start to ask questions at the same time and then there was a you first, no you first type of situation. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. At the end of the interview I was told they would contact me after consulting each other and receiving verification from previous employers. I never received any contact and while I attempted to follow up I was only able to leave a message and still never heard back. It would have been considerate to at least send a TBNT email.

Interview Question – These type of interviews always ask things like, How did you handle working with a coworker that didn't like you?   View Answers (2)

Front Office Coordinator/Front Desk Interview

Front Office Coordinator/Front Desk
Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellStar Health System.

Interview Details – All application are done online through WellStar.org. It takes a very long time to hear back from someone. Most people do not hear back within 6 months. It is helpful to keep logging into your account and keep your resume as up to date as possible. Once an HR representative contacts you regarding your position, you meet with a recruiter and possibly the manager you will be working under the same day. If you are accepted, another meeting is scheduled to officially offer the position, the salary and benefit information.

Interview Question – What is one instance of outstanding customer service that you have displayed? This is the most common question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I took the job. After the length of time the process took, I was desperate to get started.

Interviews for Top Jobs at WellStar Health System

Worked for WellStar Health System? Contribute to the Community!