WellStar Health System Interview Questions in Marietta, GA

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.7

Front Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

very long process, everyone friendly and pleasant, ask normal interview questions, smooth and laid back environment. nice manager and recruiters, I had 3 interviews then finally got an offer. the process is very long. they are very particular when screening their candidate, very welcoming and h elpful and understanding.it. bruhhhhh ffffffffttt hovercraft#
    pretty

Lab Support Specialist (Phlebotomist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Interview was formal and straight forward. The manager asked situational questions. Be prepared to explain previous examples of patient care/customer experience in great details. Explain each situation and how you handled it to resolve the issue.

Interview Questions

• "Explain how you handle high stress situations and give one example of how you handled that situation in a fast past environment."   Answer Question

Registered Nurse (RN) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA).

Interview

It took 4 months to complete the process. HR was nice but very slow. The people that interviewed me were very nice, very professional. I spoke with people working in the department and they seemed not to be a team and said the PTO was not so good or the health insurance which surprised me and was true when I looked into to it deeper. Although PTO accrues, you can't take any during the first 6 months. I was not planning on it but emergencies happen so it made me uncomfortable. I have seen where that's used to discipline people, read it here on the reviews. Also the new health insurance plan is just an Obama care plan they sell under Piedmont-Wellstar Health Plan. I read the fine print and was surprised about the high deductibles, copays and coverages if you don't get the premium plan, not sure if everyone qualifies to purchase it, didn't get that far. You do have to use their doctors it looked like, which I think would be fine unless you already have doctors somewhere else you want to keep using.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about your background, education, experience and such. Don't remember any unexpected questions for a nursing position.   Answer Question

I was disappointed by the offer because it took 4 months for it to be made and it was low, but mostly I didn't care for the benefits as far as PTO and health insurance.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I did two working interviews which I didn't get paid for. I then waited for a month before I was finally offered a job. It took almost three months and they wouldn't tell me my salary until I was signing my contract.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to travel?   1 Answer

Front Office Coordinator/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA).

Interview

All application are done online through WellStar.org. It takes a very long time to hear back from someone. Most people do not hear back within 6 months. It is helpful to keep logging into your account and keep your resume as up to date as possible. Once an HR representative contacts you regarding your position, you meet with a recruiter and possibly the manager you will be working under the same day. If you are accepted, another meeting is scheduled to officially offer the position, the salary and benefit information.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance of outstanding customer service that you have displayed? This is the most common question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I took the job. After the length of time the process took, I was desperate to get started.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Probably one of the worse interviews I've ever been through. The hiring mgr flat talked me out of the position. Was saying stuff like I can only guarantee 3 months but there is a chance to go longer it all depends on you and other contractor's performance. Was in the middle of doing a DC migration and i asked how many PMOs were assigned he said none. That his team was "just doing it". Sorry i dont want to be part of a half assed data center move. He did not ask me any questions about myself or what I've done at previous jobs. This was a red flag to me. The environment seemed very hectic and employees faces seemed "less than thrilled" to be there. I told the recruiter I was no longer considering this position.

Interview Questions

• They were all soft questions. Nothing technical. Which led me to believe they just wanted a warm body and didn't care who they got. This is not an environment that I can be successful in.   Answer Question

Front Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and after four weeks, I was contacted by the recruiter. Since I was already in their system from previous positions that I applied, it was quick process. I was set an interview within a few days. On the day of interview I meet with the office manager. She went into the job listing, duties, and benefits offered with the company. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, straight to the point what experiences I had previously.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What I asked for.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initially interviewed with HR recruiter. She asked typical "situational questions" Tell me about a time when.... Then met with the department manager, toured the floor and talked with staff which was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would the most challenging adjustment coming on board   Answer Question

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Two interviews. First interview a phone interview with HR, and the second with management. Job offer extended a few days after second interview.
    Applied online. Hard company to get on with. Required to take a personality, psychological test upon applying. Second interview was with management, and then taken around department to meet the staff, and have them ask you questions. Easy interview if you have the knowledge and experience necessary.

Interview Questions

• Asking about dosages and frequencies of medications that aren't required knowledge for this specific job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Accepted first offer. Probably should have negotiated.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process when I was hired was painless and easy. It has changed since then with new management. They also required a personality test to make sure that I was a good cultural fit, which was interesting.