WellStar Kennestone Hospital

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.6

Front Office Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellStar Kennestone Hospital.

I submitted an application online and was called into the office to meet with the practice manager. She asked about my background and experience and what my future plans were. Nothing "situational" or standard cheesy interview questions. She called me about a week later and said they wanted to hire me. They had HR contact me to set up an official start date and orientation time. Since HR was involved, it took a lot longer than some jobs, but that seems like the norm when corporations are involved. But it was nice to come into an interview and not be thrown a bunch of b.s. interview questions. It should just be a conversation between two people, not an interview to be the next Miss America.

LIne Interview

okay and not good as no real concern to find out about the candidate. Management review was harsh and theyt seemed to care less and only wanted a body to meet criteria.

OR Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in May 2014.

They're basically wasn't an interview with the manager, because you have to do an online personality assessment and a telephone interview with a HR representative. They'll give you at out while you're there and let you start whenever you like. The employees are very mean to new people. And they have a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions
    Aim high. I have an offer and they accepted.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellStar Kennestone Hospital.

Pretty straightforward..did a mini-phone interview with HR, then got a call back for a face to cafe. Met with HR and then the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a difficult interview at all, pretty standard "why do you want to work here", "tell me about your career" type questions   Answer Question
    They have a pay scale based on years of experience, if I could do it over, I would have asked for more

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in November 2012.

Initially interviewed with HR recruiter. She asked typical "situational questions" Tell me about a time when.... Then met with the department manager, toured the floor and talked with staff which was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What would the most challenging adjustment coming on board   Answer Question

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in September 2012.

Two interviews. First interview a phone interview with HR, and the second with management. Job offer extended a few days after second interview.
    Applied online. Hard company to get on with. Required to take a personality, psychological test upon applying. Second interview was with management, and then taken around department to meet the staff, and have them ask you questions. Easy interview if you have the knowledge and experience necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about dosages and frequencies of medications that aren't required knowledge for this specific job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Accepted first offer. Probably should have negotiated.

Patient Access Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in January 2012.

I interviewed with a panel first and then moved on instantly to a one on one interview with HR management.. it went backwards... However, I was asked general questions.. weaknesses, strengths, availability, past experience and to describe important assets like customer service, being on time and be ready to give examples in all your responses.

Manager, Service Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in April 2011.

The interview started off positively with the actual team I would be working with. By the time I was sent over to speak with the HR Manager and others (Interview #5) I was pretty worn out. I just don't think it takes 5 interviews to figure out you won't hire.

Interview Questions
    • It was primarily target selection interview... typical   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in February 2010.

The hiring manager was very personable and took an interest in my story. She asked questions and probed but also provided information about herself. She was candid and asked direct questions. As nursing interviews go, this one was about as straightforward as is typical of the profession. The recruiter
    wants to understand that your skill sets will match up with the unit you are assigned.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were tricky or out of the ordinary. The recruiter did want to know how I would adapt to a float pool position, as it requires flexibility and a willingness to work in many different environments within the hospital.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in March 2011.

The interview process was good, very nice people. I enjoyed the interview process. Everyone was professional up until the time of the offer came. Then no contact at all. It was disappointing but that is all. To not receive any call back from my messages until a generic email months later. I would have to say that put a negative spin on an otherwise positive experience. I still support the hospital and all their great work. I know that their HR department must not have an easy job so I hope they continue to find great talent.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance where you had to influence change with employees that were highly educated or experienced? (paraphrasing as I can not recall the exact words of the question)   Answer Question